New Player Giveaway: 5 Small Houses!

I really enjoy playing this game and wanted to give back in order to give others a head start and good opportunity to do the same.

I will be giving away 5 PLACED small houses to new players.
All you have to do is PM me a short message containing:

1) A little info about yourself
2) Your experience gaming- Especially previous Ultima Online (if applicable)
3) How long you've played on UOForever and how you've enjoyed your time thus far.

Its that easy!
Not a lot of info is required- preferable keep it to 1-page max if possible.
I will accept the best 5 qualified "essays".
Houses will be given out over the next 2 weeks.

[Players must have 24 hours of game time logged and 1200 min skill amongst all of their character to receive a house. If you do not have 1200 skills you just need to make an alt char and buy up any skills from NPC. If you do not have 24 hours of game time then I recommend leaving your character logged in over night to get the hours.]

Welcome to UOForever!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do players have to be young or just new to the shard? one of my friends started playing about 2 weeks ago and needs all the help he can get, but he is not young anymore. Is he eligible for this?

Nope, just new or semi new to the shard..
Also players who have been here for a while but having a rough time getting going are eligible as well.
Does not require young player status.

Nope, just new or semi new to the shard..
Also players who have been here for a while but having a rough time getting going are eligible as well.
Does not require young player status.
Awesome, I will tell him to set up a forum account and pm you then :) also, I think this is really great, helping new players get set up. This is the second house give away thread I have seen and I think this sort of thing is awesome. I would love to do something like this, but I am always broke lol. Theres always another powerscroll to buy lol. Once I finish my crafter maybe lol.

uckinill

Novice
Hello, a little about me, I guess Im just a huge geek I watch a lot of anime especially the new Dragon Ball series, live at an apartment with my awesome girlfriend and 2 cats whom I love and adore, I really dont do much besides game and binge watch tv/movies. As far as UO experience goes I started playing on OSI on the Catskills shard when I was 7, until I turned about 14, (spent a lot of time on UOgateway gming a server toward the end) Im 23 now. As far as other gaming goes, Im a huge fan of games like Resident EVil and Final Fantasy. I game more on consoles with the exception of UO. Just recently discovered UOF and have been hooked since I joined a couple weeks ago. Had an awesome experience so far, met lots of cool people made friends and noticed some of the vet players are super generous when it comes to helping the new guys out, I love the companion thing, I think thats really cool. Well there you go, a little about me, thanks for doing this :)

Congratulations to our first winner @uckinill !

Remember you can post your info here or in Private Message.. Either ways are fine.

Good Luck with your new adventures @uckinill !

Also a special thanks to @Jager for donating a "small stone and plaster" house deed!
A very kind contribution to this cause.
I would like to try to get as many new players into houses as possible.
I feel like if they are given a little bit of a head start then they are more likely to continue playing and the more players interacting the better this game is!

I will be giving away houses for approximately the next 2 weeks so if you are a new player and need a helping hand
Get your info/submissions in!

Zump

Neophyte
Hi there

I'm not that great of a writer, since english is not my mother language but i guess it's worth a try.
Found about thiis topic since I wanted to create one in the new players section and i've been asked to write an introduction frst.
Char name is Zumpapa, I've been an avid uo player since i was 14 ( almost 30 now ) played all kind of emulators and known international shards.
Took a break from UO 5 years ago, and decided to give it a try again with my brother
Feeling a little bit lost, but i guess I'll eventually catch up, aiming mostly at PVP.
As i said, 29 years old, living with my girlfriend since 2 years and working in Information technology ( blame my gaming passion for this :p )

Don't know what else to say :D as anticipated, writing is not my thing :p

For any other non-player reading this, shard is definitely worth trying out, at least from a newbie POV, it's a jump in the past with a friendly comnunity from what i've seen so far

Da'son

Neophyte
First, thanks for being so generous. You are right in the observation that helping people get established is good for the long term health of the shard. Seems simple, but few seem to see it, let alone practice it.

I have been on this shard for about a week now. Like many, I played for many years in the late 90's. I played almost exclusively on Baja and mostly ran with The Cartel. I stumbled on this shard and was skeptical it would still hold any allure for me. But i was wrong! I am having a great time re-exploring. I remember just enough to reduce the frustration of being new, but not so much that it isn't very exciting to explore things as if for the first time. Would love to be considered for a house.

Hamm81

I played UO on OSI servers from 99 through 2006. Then came back to the game on and off for the next few years. I played Sonoma and was an Elder in PAS. I never found another game like this one that fostered such community and player immersion. I have been playing UO Forever since Friday. I was initially going to re-activate my original account but lurking my old guild forums I saw someone mention that there were 3 available housing spots in Luna. This broke my heart to think how those housings spots, which were once the most prized in the game, now could be had freely. I decided to go searching for a server with a thriving community and found UO Forever. Since Friday I have 4x GMd a Lumberjacking Swordsman and 3x GMd a Mage. I am very excited to be on this server and look forward to being a part of the community. I remember playing pre-trammel and the excitement and wonder I felt as a new player. While I did enjoy the game post tram, and even after AOS I really missed the pre item based pvp and risk vs reward game play of original UO.

As far as personally goes I am an Academic Advisor at a university and I am 34 years old. I just completed my Master's degree in April and it is no coincidence that I went back to UO shortly after. I stopped pretty much all online gaming when I went to college in 2007. In that time I have been doing school and working full time in Academia. Upon completing my degree I decided I was going to channel some of the time I spent on grad school back into gaming and UO was all that I could think about playing. I am glad to be back and glad I have found such a big and friendly community.

Muffinz

Neophyte
Hi everyone, I played UO back in the day from second age through AOS some amazing times. I recently just came from Ultima Online Second age shard, the population has dropped significantly and Im looking for something new. Im loving UO:F so far with the player base and people hunting everywhere. Currently I am trying to save up money, 3x GM'd a Bard/Mage and will eventually be making a swords/mage for Guild/Faction battles and pvp. Right now I am in the process of saving as much as I can for regs etc. A Small house was something I am aiming for shortly and would love for the opportunity for one of these.

New job as technology sales allows me a lot of free time and able to work from home. Having a home base would do wonders for my ability to grow. Thank you again Takeover for supporting the community, this is what the Second Age shard lacked.

Congrats to @Da'son and @Goose the Clairvoyant on their new Houses!

Taking few more submissions then will have to end the giveaway unfortunately as I no longer have the extra house slot to do this with. Get them in while you can!

Alana

Apprentice
I am Alana, I played Ultima Online back when, way back when. I got that itch when I saw my friend playing the other day at a lan party. He had a house and was decorating it and such, and I was like WHOA that many people play still as he recalled to Brit bank.

He told me it was a private server called UOForever. Well I had to check it out and low and behold, wow Brit bank is hoppin!

So I am glad to re-start my UO journey on this server. I hope to meet you all in my travels unless you are red haha. In that case I shall hand over my items kindly in return for safe passage.

I just posted in the new player forum and saw this. Wow the possibility of a home right off the bat would be spectacular especially for my hidden (not so hidden) OCD hoarder tendencies! MUST COLLECT ALL THE THINGS!

So I would like to enter this contest and hope I win but good luck to everyone involved!

Congrats to @Alana!
She is our final winner!

Id love to keep doing this forever, but unfortunately I no longer have a free housing slot.
I have a couple more ideas for New Player Giveaways and will be running those in the near future.
Stay Tuned for detals!

Thank you to those who submitted bios and shared a little bit about yourself.
It was fun reading all of your stories.
I hope you all enjoy your homes and they help fast track you to your UO adventures.

Alana

Apprentice
Congrats to @Alana!
She is our final winner!

Id love to keep doing this forever, but unfortunately I no longer have a free housing slot.
I have a couple more ideas for New Player Giveaways and will be running those in the near future.
Stay Tuned for detals!

Thank you to those who submitted bios and shared a little bit about yourself.
It was fun reading all of your stories.
I hope you all enjoy your homes and they help fast track you to your UO adventures.

Thank you! Here is my new rain forest home! Hoping to upgrade it to a small villa soon!

pbbB5yl.png