New Player Giveaway -- an ethereal mount.

Desi

Grandmaster
Greetings, fellow Sosarians. I will be giving away several ethereal mounts to young players over the next few weeks. To be eligible please post in this thread introducing yourself to our community as well as your Young character's name in-game. Also I'd love to hear what your current goals are in UO Forever.

For those unfamiliar an ethereal mount is a blessed statue that may be ridden when double-clicked and is only available for purchase with donation coins. All characters can benefit from owning an ethereal mount! Selected winners choose between horse or cute little llama. No more slogging around the map without a slick ride instantly available.

Happy New Year.

<3
UO Forever's Companion Team

Hi Sosaria,

I'm Sunnie, and I used to play on Great Lakes (and later Lake Austin) from t2a through Blackthorn. I was (and am) primarily a crafter. Any and all dungeoning, championing, etc is usually done to fund my crafting obsession.

I joined about a week ago, and I've found it to be nostalgic enough to press all the right buttons, but updated enough to eliminate a lot of the petty annoyances from the old days that always seemed like no-brainers for me (e.g., being able to recall out of dungeons is a great way to prevent the need for a trammeled shard).

My goals in UOF are to grandmaster all the crafts, to furnish my home with things I made (and BOD rewards), and to provide a slow-moving target for PKs.

Looking forward to meeting folks in game!

Sunnie Sunshine (Mage/Scribe)
Cloudy Daze (Archer/Mage)
Stormy Nights (Miner/Crafter

Plague Monkey

My name is Plague Monkey and my brother Slow Missionary is also playing.

We both played UO from launch day to a little after TSA. We played a little bit on another shard two years ago but it didn't seem to have the depth that UOF does.

We're both really in to exploring and PvM. We enjoy tradeskills but won't go nuts on it. I'm working alchemy currently. We'll probably do some PvP but not insane on the PvP side either. Mostly just seeing what is out there with friends.

We are both really excited to be here and enjoying it so far.

I'll make Slow Missionary post an account.

-Plague Monkey

Alexieus

Neophyte
Hello,

I joined about 2 weeks ago coming for UO:Gamers uoforever. My friends and I had stopped playing UO because player base died on the shard and made it much less appealing to play. As much as I don't like being PK'd, I miss the excitement of the dangers of it. Not to mention you run into a lot of good people PKs and Blues alike. I also miss helping out players and bounty hunting. I am hoping to get my friends started back on UO here at Forever. I like the idea of a smaller world (no T2a) with a large player base, making interaction more of a possibility.

Alexieus (Swordsmen/Lockpick)
Enelye (Fishermen/Treasure Hunter)

SpilledWater

Hello friends,

I used to play UO about 14 years ago on the Lake Superior shard. I had a house, friends, and some well worked characters. I decided to create an account on a free shard about a week ago because I knew they like to keep it original. Even so, there is a lot of new stuff to learn. And I'm also surprised to rediscover all the things I've forgotten.

My goal is to become a valuable member of the community. I want to develop well rounded hunter/fighter characters as well as train in all the crafting arts. In addition, I am entertaining the idea of developing less common skills, such as fishing and lockpicking.

I look forward to meeting all of you. If you see me in-game, don't be shy to say Hi. I like making friends.

a glitch (craftsman)
Skink (fencer)

Ace Mason

Apprentice
Playing on Ace Mason right now. Working my taming, provo, and magery. Played on OSI on Greatlakes and Catskills up until just after AoS. Played Second Age a bit, and tried uoforever. Didn't really care for either. Trying UOF because no matter how old UO gets, it still has a special place as the OG MMORPG.

Trying to put in the grind to GM Taming, and hopefully eventually get to 120. I'd like to get into some of the meta talismens and pets as well, still need to research that. Would love an ethy to make taming a bit easier running all around and in and out of dungeons.

Thanks for helping out the new players!

Pesmergas

Expert
Hello!

I am D'Sparil, I hail from the Pacific shard back in the OSI days from T2A 98-03 then UO:G 06-07. I am brand new here and am happy to help people from my old head experience. I am also looking forward to making friends and enemies alike! Happy huntings!

Alexieus

Neophyte
I first started out on UO on the Great Lakes OSI shard from 1998-2001. Then went on to play Athlore (both the original shard with a level system, which I believed used Sphere, and it's relaunch) and Novus Opiate after Athlore closed. Then moved to UO Gamers after NO closed and RunUO started taking over as the popular emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mandar

Hello, I'm Mandar (BadSanta in Discord : ) I've been playing UO since the very beginning and still feel like a newb! I know a little about everything but not a whole lot about specific aspects of the game. I like the mindless exploring, killing (quests), and learning new things. I don't know how to script but like messing with them. I originally played Lake Superior back in the day. I'm shopping around for a shard and hope that this one is a fit. I'm also a daily player....even though I work. Talk to you all soon! (I created the account last year but never played until now... incase you look at my dates of when I joined : ) )

Desi

Grandmaster
The first wave of ethereal mounts are about to be given away soo thank you to everyone so far who has responded! You have all been entered into the drawing for a chance at winning a FREE ethereal mount.

Pesmergas

Expert
The first wave of ethereal mounts are about to be given away soo thank you to everyone so far who has responded! You have all been entered into the drawing for a chance at winning a FREE ethereal mount.

Yay! excited to see who may win a mount! Those are so useful.

Desi

Grandmaster
I've assigned each response a number and then used a Random Number Generator to select four winners. Here is a list of all of our participants:
  • SunnieSunshine (1)
  • Plague Monkey (2)
  • Alexieus (3)
  • Spilled Water (4)
  • Ace Mason (5)
  • Pesmergas (6)
  • Mandar (7)
And the winning number rolls are: 4, 1, 2, 6

Congratulations!!
@SpilledWater @SunnieSunshine @Plague Monkey @Pesmergas

I've pmed the lucky winners to claim their prize: A FREE Ethereal mount with your choice of horse or cute llama.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading each response. Thank you to everybody who participated in this giveaway. (If you didn't win pm me for a little something special.)
Also keep an eye out for more Young giveaways soon!!

Have a good week everybody.
xoxo

Ace Mason

Apprentice
Thanks for doing this Desi. Even though I didn't win I'm glad some vet players are looking out for the new guys on the shard. Its the only way UOF grows.

Alexieus

Neophyte
Thanks for looking out for us new guys Desi. Appreciate it. Best of luck to you all.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk