New Rules Update: Not Blocking WBB. Standing is illegal

Would love staff to clarify this. I'm trying to start gating from the West Britain Safe Zone and have been told/noticed that players are being staff-teleported to random locations with their Vendor-gaters.
Thanks!

Is the rule No gating from the first squares? or is it for any player using the bank and blocking the path? are we supposed to help page when we see someone on the first squares of the bank? Duration of occupancy?

Lexington

Grandmaster
Change it back to the docks being the only safe spot...

The server is successful and busy as is... we don't need to artificially make it look busy with a bunch of AFK.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
Vendor house gating Increases sales a ton. I can see not standing in front of the doors, or at the stairs, but other locations at the bank should be fine. I gate off to the side,

Vendors blocking the bank entrances is one of the few things that make life a tad easier for thiefs... if you got no stamina to run into the safezone within seconds of arriving at the bank then I think it's fair that you have a slight chance of getting something stolen... carrying refresh pots in your pack is just something everyone playing UO should learn at some point.

N

Null

5 people blocking wbb bank doors afk scripting stealing is ********. I personally feel like it falls under afk resource gathering.

5 people blocking wbb bank doors afk scripting stealing is ********. I personally feel like it falls under afk resource gathering.

What are you talking about?? I haven't seen anyone afk script stealing in ages. This was about vendor gaters blocking the entrances.

N

Null

What are you talking about?? I haven't seen anyone afk script stealing in ages. This was about vendor gaters blocking the entrances.

The concept is the same, blocking safe areas. We were just discussing both of them in discord.

Standing in front of the entrance of WBB and "afk script stealing" are two very different concepts but whatever. I assume you want trammel? Because if they add one tile outside the doors where you don't lose stamina then someone will stand just one tile away from that again. Where is the limit? Should they just make the entire city like that so nobody can block you? Just admit it, this has nothing to do with being blocked from entering but rather that you do not want anything stolen from you in town. You should be happy this shard is so trammel style that a completely safe zone exists at all. Learn to use refresh potions instead of crying about evil people blocking your way if it's such an issue to you.

According to Discord staff/mods the gaters who "block the wbb safe zone" do so maliciously with the intent of allowing and enabling thieves to rob players attempting to find safety inside the bank zone.

False. They gate to increase traffic to vendors. Simple + obvious, practical. If gating on wbb to a vendor house is now illegal activity ON ANY SPECIFIC SQUARE, please give us the goddam rule.

@bobwhite Are you implying that the gaters are the thieves? Are the two related in any way other than coexistence on an online game in proximity?

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Null

According to Discord staff/mods the gaters who "block the wbb safe zone" do so maliciously with the intent of allowing and enabling thieves to rob players attempting to find safety inside the bank zone.

False. They gate to increase traffic to vendors. Simple + obvious, practical. If gating on wbb to a vendor house is now illegal activity ON ANY SPECIFIC SQUARE, please give us the goddam rule.

I think that's only true for the doors, not so much the roof access. But an argument can be made for both.