Old Vet turned New Player

Jamie White

Hello All,

I played quite a bit of Ultima between the years of 1999 - 2006. However it has been some time, and of course after getting the itch again I wanted to find something that matched the old golden days of UO, not the mess that is now offered via EA. This shard obviously came to the top of the pile, so I just have a couple questions to get myself going:

1) What is a effective 1 or 2 characters to start with? Obviously to get yourself going money is a big part of it; back in the day, mining/smithy was a solid place to start, although I was thinking maybe a fencer/bard could be effective too. I guess my question is, what have you found to be a an effective starting characters to quickly gather a bit of gold to then build up the more expensive skills?

2) Are skill gains on this server accelerated? Or the same as they were in the old days? Do some skills go faster than others? A good benchmark for me was always how long it took a person to hit GM in either Tactics or their weapon skill.

I am really excited about getting back into UO, so any other advice, whether it be tricks with Razor (never used it) or anything else are appreciated.

P.S. Is the West Bank at Brit the popular spot on this shard?

Thanks All!

Malkraven

Grandmaster
1. any type of melee/archer bard is a good place to start on any server
2 skills gains vary depending on your location-
  • -25% in houses
  • -25% on boats
  • -0% in guarded cities/regions
  • -50% when used on another player
  • +50% in Dungeons
  • No change in wilderness
As for any other tips get your emergency recall macro set up ( Record self recalling on your runebook(defualt)). go out make some friends/guild mates

Oh and try not to take it to serious you will die lots and probably get griefed from time to time. Dont let it bother you or it will drive you nuts Get up dust ya self off and have fun.

Welcome to UOF

if you give us your ingame name and are still young status i am sure a Companion will give you a visit and help you out with any questions you have with razor or ingame

ShinPi

Grandmaster
I've notice snow on ground of lots of pics one not seen snow not once on mine un less I've isle

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ShinPi

Grandmaster
i think thats from the upto date OSI client for winter
Thank you i thought mine might have been messing up.. I used to play I'm 98 to bout 01 I'm not the best when it comes to pvp but money wise I've got a fence provo does pretty good and my t hunter makes Bank.. Need any weaps or armor or stuff to get started look for me around and ill hook you up The Main Searwin or ShinPi will be the name

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk