Please add stealing power scrolls to the game

he's to scared to be a real thief. like imanewbie use to be.... *** if you play a thief out of town, guards hit you 0/10 times, each time every time*** and the loots are always better

I mean seriously. guard whacked 4 times stealing gold... its broken
You probably need to learn how to be a thief...

PS. It is a PvP skill.

NO item gives a boost to a skill... *this isnt aos* archery items have been that way since the beginning of renn... i see 3x fail now
Tactics is a skill. Also Archery is a skill too.

the only pvp skill that can raise above 100 is tactics...and that is barely any change...
Oh! it is a skill now. If you think +25 tactics is nothing, you might want to stop posting now. +25 to Archery is a big deal too.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
how about you stop being a trammel bank thief and go be a big boy and play in the dungeons and make some real thieve loot... you know... like us real thieves do.... nerd

How about you show a little class and stop acting like someone clamped your marbles in a vice. I mean, it is quite easy to come on here, blasting lines of text with about as much planning as the Titanic received. Dungeon thieves are one thing and very successful but so are other thieves *take note how I am using the word thief correctly* who visit different towns and cities throughout Sosaria.

he's to scared to be a real thief. like imanewbie use to be.... *** if you play a thief out of town, guards hit you 0/10 times, each time every time*** and the loots are always better

I personally thought that Imanewbie wasn't really that much of a great thief, his story-telling was second to none though. Maybe you should take a look at some of the other thieves that Ultima Online has produced, Chad Sexington being the most successful thief when it comes to the use of cunning and misdirection. We have our own stars on UOForever, S'Berlusconi being one of them who could steal your Grandmothers dentures out of her mouth while she was looking in a mirror.

Take a GOOD look at how you type as a thief, you advertise the fact that you are a thief and yet you type like a complete prat WHICH gives thieves a REAL bad name. Oh, you obviously don't understand why this is a big problem because you are certainly no real Ultima Online thief. Why is this a problem? People complain, if people complain then there is more chance of additional disadvantages added to the thief. People hate it when they are stolen from in the first place, vomiting garbage about how L333333333TH4XXXORZZZ you are just cements other players views on the class and taints us all in the process.

PS. It is a PvP skill.

It's a PVP skill eh? Damn, I was pretty much assured that I didn't belong in the PVP section because of a lack of PVP *even though all I ever and will ever play is a thief*

Back on subject, can't see no reason why additional Stealing Power-scrolls would be a problem if they were added, I mean, instead of increasing the weight of items stolen maybe just reduce the risk of being noticed.

Steam script stealing has been THE splinter for a long time on here, one of the reasons why there are a few anti-thief things on and for good reason obviously.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
Please add stealing power scrolls to the game. What are the chances of this happening? A lot of other skills get power scrolls.

Are you serious?

but you lose nothing when you get guard whacked. zero risk, all reward

This is 100% the reason why you don't need a PS scroll. You don't see 120 Magery scrolls or 120 Macing scrolls. Makes no sense to have a 120 Stealing scroll.

Back on subject, can't see no reason why additional Stealing Power-scrolls would be a problem if they were added, I mean, instead of increasing the weight of items stolen maybe just reduce the risk of being noticed.

Steam script stealing has been THE splinter for a long time on here, one of the reasons why there are a few anti-thief things on and for good reason obviously.

Again, makes no sense that stealing would get a PS but weapon skills/magery wouldn't. Either make everyone be able to have them or not.

/thread

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="
I personally thought that Imanewbie wasn't really that much of a great thief, his story-telling was second to none though. Maybe you should take a look at some of the other thieves that Ultima Online has produced, Chad Sexington being the most successful thief when it comes to the use of cunning and misdirection. We have our own stars on UOForever, S'Berlusconi being one of them who could steal your Grandmothers dentures out of her mouth while she was looking in a mirror.
[/QUOTE]

imanewbie wasnt too bad ( he at least never bitched about a zero risk skill )
and yes tehre are other great thieves. ( but all teh best thieves have a name outside of town )( i wont speak of my thieves name to ruin his dungeon effectiveness )

im just going off the base... YOU cant expect great things from thievery camping a bank zone... YOU want to be where that rare meets there bag..( dungeons, wilderness, cave, ect) . not when they are putting it away at a bank or stealing afk scraps... the rate at which items are stolen are decent enough
( i personally run a thief in despice+ every champ i can find active and make bank ) .... i guarantee he never leaves the guardzone but wants greater rewards for his zero risk skill.

It's a PVP skill eh? Damn, I was pretty much assured that I didn't belong in the PVP section because of a lack of PVP *even though all I ever and will ever play is a thief*

I played my steam scripted disarm thief tonight, just for you while PvPing... Tons of fun :)

Darkarna

Grandmaster
It's really not a bad idea.
At least fix the NPCs with x-ray vision.

This has been an issue for years and I still have no idea why they can see through walls. I tried to justify x-ray vision by noticing that most buildings have windows, that proved incorrect when an NPC called guards from inside a warehouse with no windows.

or just not base you who role at a bank :p dungeon thieves make more all day there is no need for a scroll for this skill

watch a gm show how broken op thieves really are...

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/it-just-never-gets-old.89367/

Thieves have been around banks and towns since the dawn of time, they are a necessary annoyance who provide people with the best education there is when they are banking without thinking of consequence. When I played my thief, I mixed my play-style around towns, dungeons and the wilderness, you would be extremely surprised what someone can steal around banks especially when someone decides to put cheques/blessed items within pouches or bags. Britain bank is considered a Trammel Zone now, the reasons for the safe zone on-top is justified, it does make Britain look busier which is good but it does remove some character away from the area which is sadly missed from era's long gone.

The biggest issue with player thieves is that the VAST majority have little to no class, they spend their time hoovering up items from other players and use a very shitty approach towards their fellow gamers. There are also scripts which I have always considered to be cheating, I will always be proud of the fact that I do things the difficult way *and have even been accused of script stealing myself* which in itself, proves that thieves do not need to cheat to be decent. Was told once that i'd never compete with a script stealing thief and honestly this never bothered me, I played the class with elements of role-play and most of all for fun. Stealing to become rich is good for thieves starting out and yes, you can achieve wealth within a week *IF you know what you are doing* but, the class itself is more than just about stealing for the sake of stealing, the thief is one of the only classes which will leave a lasting memory while others fade amongst the sands of time.

I still smile at the fact that folks get all pissy about losing one or two items to a thief, yet, hardly say a word when someone kills them or loots their house. This world has always baffled me, Ultima Online players completely skew my brain.