Possible New Items

Spinnacus

Neophyte
- Portable Forges - Braziers that can be taken with miners to smelt ore on the move. Perhaps have it so that it is only hot enough to smelt iron or other low end ores, but not hot enough to smelt the higher end ores.

- Lamp Posts/Tall Candelabras - Basically more craftable house decoration items. The items already exist in game, it should be rather easy to add them to craft menus. The more you add, the better. There are many basic items that should be craftable so players can better decorate their houses. I realze some classic items are rares such as dressers, but there are tons of house deco items used all over town that aren't spawnable or current rares. These can be made in to craftable items.

- Home-to-Home teleporters. Homeowner locks down one telepad creating ownership of it. He can then click it and click another telepad in his backpack, linking the two. He can then give that telepad to another player, who can lock it down in their house. Then whenever someone walks on it, they teleport between houses, or can even be used as additional telepads within a single house. You can even implement a charging system where you have to drop recalls on it to charge it up, so it really isn't any more OP than a locked down recall rune, with the exception that you can go directly inside of another house.

- Satchel Bags - Craftable by tailors using leather. These would be bags that can be clicked on to large beasts, turning them in to pack animals. So you could tame a regular horse, llama, cow, bull, deer, great heart, or other large beast and turn them in to a pack animal. Perhaps different types of leather and animal combinations provide different carrying capacities.
* I also recommend removing mountable animals from the stable vendors. This would allow Taming to be more of a craft skill, where they can actually sell horses, llamas, and other mountable rides. This would allow the tailors to sell packs to make pack animals.

- Home Guards - Hireable NPC's that act like town guards, yet less powerful. They stand guard at a location (yellow and invulnerable) on your property and automatically defend the homeowner and friends of house if they are attacked (and turn gray until combat is over) while inside. The guards come dressed much like a vendor, and bare fisted. There can be several skill templates for the guards. You must supply weapons, armor, and reagents, which are all lootable if the guards die. The guards will respawn within 15 minutes with original clothing and any blessed items you put on them.

- Water Plots (Custom Houses) - Just like custom houses, these are plots that look like docks instead of foundations, that can be placed on the water, yet connected to land. There can be varying sizes and options with short docks which reach out and must be connected to land, existing docks, or another Water Plot's docks. The plot will be a dock style area with with atleast 2 to 3 tiles of the area around it as "public access" in which you cannot build on, and is used for other players to walk around and connect other water plots to.

- Deep Water Plots (Custom Houses) - Just like the regular Water Plots, however these can be put out in the water and not connected to land or other docks. These however can be used as a starting point for building water towns/cities, as Water Plots can be attached to the docks around it. (Just like houses, players cannot directly recall or gate into these houses, accessible by boats only)

- Shrunken Heads - Whenever you kill someone and chop their body, you can take their head and use a "shrunken head kit", scroll, or something to turn the head in to a shrunken head. For "X" amount of time, the shrunken head will repeat anything said by the player it came from. Players can create head libraries to spy on other players.

- Gemmed Armor - Armor studded with gems. Each gem type has a different property that enhances a skill or stat.

I have many more ideas, but this was probably too many for one post as it is. Constructive criticism welcome.

mynameis

Adept
- Home-to-Home teleporters - I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I've seen houses right next to each other owned by the same person/guild but you have to walk outside. This might be part of the expansion? I heard something about house linking, this may be part of it or something worth exploring.

- Satchel Bags - Sweet idea, I probably wouldn't use them but I like the idea of creating that social dynamic. I also hate that selling regular animals isn't a real business, my first tamer I thought I'd bank on horses :) Probably really easy to script this too.

- Home Guards - This I thought of today! I saw some pretty sick vendor malls and thought somehow getting guards would be great. I think more like regular guards on your property and major gold sink.. There probably needs to be some msg or something to make the guard zone obvious and avoid abuse. Of course, if you're in battle before entering no guard wak

- Shrunken Heads - Interesting, not sure yet

UoTrader

Master
Portable Teleporters for Keeps and Castles. Would be nice to be able to tele from one area of a home to the other this way the doors don't always have to be locked. This is more for keeps than castles.

Lavos

Master
-The lamp post is already in game on one of the donation vendors
-The tall candelabra was a 4-6 month (afaik) stealable rare. Gash has one and I have one - not sure if there are others.

Good ideas otherwise - I like the water plot, if it was limited quantity or restricted to near towns

- Portable Forges : Why not, as long as they're not blessed, I don't mind.
- Lamp Posts/Tall Candelabras : Sure.
- Home-to-Home teleporters : No. Houses are already so secure I simply don't understand why we'd need that? Adding teleporters to larger non-custom houses I'm cool with, but house-to-house teleporters I think would be abusive, especially if they allow one to link houses that are very far apart.
- Satchel Bags / Removing Mountable Animals from the Vendors : I'm all for removing ridable (and even carriers) from NPC vendors, in which case we'd sort of need the satchels to even have pack animals in the game, why not? Would encourage Tailors and Tamers trade. Only I don't think every animal should be able to be turned into a pack animal. Pack deer, really? Then again, I'd love a tiny little satchel I could use on a rabbit or a chicken. Then I could have a pack chicken following me around, carrying my regs or something... :D
- Home Guards : Why would they turn grey if they're invulnerable to begin with? How can they die if they're yellow/invulnerable? I'm thinking someone might as well start a "bodyguard guild" and hire their services to people who can't assure their own safety.
- Water Plots (Custom Houses) : With the upcoming expansion, allowing people to "build" their own docks would be interesting.
- Deep Water Plots (Custom Houses) : No, unless people can't fish MiBs within a 15 tile range from such a structure. (Effectively turning "deep water" into "shallow water".
- Shrunken Heads : LOL. Why not?
- Gemmed Armor : No. UO is pretty much the only MMO where gear doesn't mean shit and I like it that way.

Great ideas (even those I personally don't like), keep them coming!

Jager

Grandmaster
i like reading posts like this, not all 1 sided ideas or just to make that one persons templates better. i think theres some decent ideas here. Good Job.

Spinnacus

Neophyte
The idea of water plots is to expand housing area and making having a boat and water travel more relavent. With more people wanting/needing to travel the seas, more boats will be bought which will be a goldsink in its self. The admins could start off by opening specific areas of the ocean and shore lines for creating such plots, and expand these areas as the population grows. People using the standard water plots can start building along a shore line, then expand off each other deeper in to the water, creating a Venice type city.

Regular water plots could be like smaller 2 story custom houses and the deep water plots can be more like the 3 story customs. A guild could place a deep water plot in the ocean, then use smaller attached water plots to create their own waterworld towns.

Again, it's just my imagination, running away with me...

halygon

Grandmaster
The idea of water plots is to expand housing area and making having a boat and water travel more relavent. With more people wanting/needing to travel the seas, more boats will be bought which will be a goldsink in its self. The admins could start off by opening specific areas of the ocean and shore lines for creating such plots, and expand these areas as the population grows. People using the standard water plots can start building along a shore line, then expand off each other deeper in to the water, creating a Venice type city.

Regular water plots could be like smaller 2 story custom houses and the deep water plots can be more like the 3 story customs. A guild could place a deep water plot in the ocean, then use smaller attached water plots to create their own waterworld towns.

Again, it's just my imagination, running away with me...
There's already like a billion places to put a house. Tons are open to this day, yeah you can't place a castle or keep , but you can find places for smaller homes. Adding more housing locations will screw up the economy. The only way that wouldn't make a huge impact on the economy would be if the shard becomes much more populated to the point that's there's no places to put a house on mainland.

That said, the waterworld towns and plots sound awesome.

Spinnacus

Neophyte
There's already like a billion places to put a house. Tons are open to this day, yeah you can't place a castle or keep , but you can find places for smaller homes. Adding more housing locations will screw up the economy. The only way that wouldn't make a huge impact on the economy would be if the shard becomes much more populated to the point that's there's no places to put a house on mainland.

That said, the waterworld towns and plots sound awesome.
If I'm not mistaken, there is supposed to be 1 house per account, 2 accounts per player. The only thing "Screwing up the economy" about the housing system, is the fact that there's obviously players with far more than 2 accounts, blocking up spaces.

halygon

Grandmaster
If I'm not mistaken, there is supposed to be 1 house per account, 2 accounts per player. The only thing "Screwing up the economy" about the housing system, is the fact that there's obviously players with far more than 2 accounts, blocking up spaces.
Very possible. Still my point stands even more, I think.