predicament: fill agapite chain bod or save or trade?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
Recently got a 20x exceptional agapite chain tunic bod. It would give me a bronze runic hammer if I fill it out and hand it in and the lbod for 20x exceptional agapite chain gives +30 ancient smith hammer. Hmm, anyone have suggestion what I should do? I would probably not sell either runic or ash. I'd use them myself.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Skip the ASH, a +10 is all you're reasonably ever going to need. Get that bronze hammer and sell it for 250k or burn the weps yourself.

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
You wont get anything near 250k for an bronze runic today though, getting 150 is an achievement in itself.
But like you said, if you are gonna use it yourself it doesnt matter.
And no, not really worth making a +30 ASH. Dont get me wrong, I'd love one myself. But that or around a million g and change... nah..

Bromista

Grandmaster
Really, people don't pay well for 35 power weapons of their choice?

I guess that's not too far off...roughly 5k a pop. 8k a pop would yield the 250 I was thinking of.

Sooo yeah n/m. But that aggy large is gonna be damn mear impossible to fill for a reward that is quite frankly extreme and unnecessary.

I have a 20x copper chain legs, the large yields a +15 ASH and I don't see that puppy ever getting filled either.

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
It all comes down to whether or not the LBOD reward is worth the x amount of rewards the SBODs would yield :) And in most cases the answer is no. Like, do you go for that Valorite Runic Hammer, or would you rather get 6 115 BS powerscrolls?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
hey guys, thanks for the help. filled it out and got my bronze runic. Just using it myself. Always handy to make own power weaps for my dexxer.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
So bronze make power? not bad

also:

GET RID OF 95% OF THE MAGICS ON THIS MAGICS FLOODED SHARD, DROP THE DROP RATE OF POWER/VANQ/INVUL/FORT BY AT LEAST 80%.

Had to do it while on the topic, shit ruins crafting.

Bromista

Grandmaster
So bronze make power? not bad

also:

GET RID OF 95% OF THE MAGICS ON THIS MAGICS FLOODED SHARD, DROP THE DROP RATE OF POWER/VANQ/INVUL/FORT BY AT LEAST 80%.

Had to do it while on the topic, shit ruins crafting.
Truth. I remember when they quit dropping and loot tables were allegedly tweaked but I still get just as many power/vanqs as I used to. But they could have tweaked drope rates from lesser spawn only and left high end drop table the same because that's really all I farm.

And to the above I would kill to have the only val runic on the server. Fuck 6 115's they make them every day and then you have to find buyers just to make the few mil in gold that a val hammer is surely worth.

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
It would probably go down to a money question Brom my friend. A Val runic has 15 charges? And can craft weapons that are really nice, but cant be blessed. Maybe you could sell(I only talk about selling, not using for yourself, then the discussion is different :) ) them for..20-30k each unless you get a good slayer?

On the other hand you could banksit showing everyone the servers first val runic; priceless! :D

Bromista

Grandmaster
Haha yeahh I would leave a charge on it for that reason lol. But you are right you'd have to get 200k a pop out of each weapon.

I'd think an exc vanq supreme would go for 75-100k though, the most desirable perfect vanqs already sell for 50k+.

So yeah I guess looking at things like that I would take the roughly 50% loss in profits any day!

Doomsayer

Grandmaster
I did sell a perfect warhammer yesterday for 150k, but that was an extraordinary case Like you say, most others sell for 50k.

But aye, regardless, would keep one charge just to show it off ;)

Kaching

Master
Sorry to jump in your thread, but where do I find all the information for the runics? I have no idea what BODs (or LBODs) give runic hammers, and the same go for tailoring w/ runic sewing kits. I didn't even realize that you could make colored weopons without runic hammers... Can you make barbed bone w/o runic sewing kits? Anyhow if you can either give me a brief intro to how the crafting/bod stuff works on this server, or point me to a different thread that does....? I would appreciate it immensely!

Messremb

Grandmaster
Sorry to jump in your thread, but where do I find all the information for the runics? I have no idea what BODs (or LBODs) give runic hammers, and the same go for tailoring w/ runic sewing kits. I didn't even realize that you could make colored weopons without runic hammers... Can you make barbed bone w/o runic sewing kits? Anyhow if you can either give me a brief intro to how the crafting/bod stuff works on this server, or point me to a different thread that does....? I would appreciate it immensely!

Tower of roses gives all the BOD rewards.

http://www.towerofroses.de/bods-srw.htm

the cloth rewards are wrong but you can find the accurate Cloth rewards here.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/bod-cloth-guide.5378/

also you can make any item out of any of the applicable materials without a runic. (you actually have to use different materials to fill most good BODs)

Kaching

Master
That's what confused me. I didn't even realize that you could make colored weopons last night w/o a runic hammer. Basically it's just for looks?? So if I make a barbed bone suit (without runic) whats the difference than with using a runic sewing kit?

Delvorin

Grandmaster
That's what confused me. I didn't even realize that you could make colored weopons last night w/o a runic hammer. Basically it's just for looks?? So if I make a barbed bone suit (without runic) whats the difference than with using a runic sewing kit?

For colored weapons that are not runics, the bonus is on durability, or so I've been told. For barbed bone, or any armor, the higher the quality of the material, the higher armor you get. Smith armor cannot be made magical with runics. But with the tailor runic sewing kits, they add to the bonus from the material.

So, barbed runic>horned runic>spined runic>barbed>horned>spined>normal leather.

added spined runic in there thanks to Messremb

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
For colored weapons that are not runics, the bonus is on durability, or so I've been told. For barbed bone, or any armor, the higher the quality of the material, the higher armor you get. Smith armor cannot be made magical with runics. But with the tailor runic sewing kits, they add to the bonus from the material.

So, barbed runic>horned runic>barbed>horned>spined>normal leather.

I don't know if spined runic is bettern than barbed non-runic or horned non-runic so left it out

Spined runic is better than Barbed normal.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Ahh thanks. That's good to know. Anyone know how the runics match up against magical armor as loot? How would the barbed runic compare to invulnerability of the same piece?

If I remember correctly Horned runic armor is equivalent to an invuln suit, both having 48 AR. im not sure what barbed runic comes out to.