Question about Vendor at my House

ahson

Neophyte
I thought a house must set as PUBLIC in order to setup a vendor at a house. Though I've seen many classic house owners have a vendor while they remain their front doors locked. Did I miss anything?

halygon

Grandmaster
I thought a house must set as PUBLIC in order to setup a vendor at a house. Though I've seen many classic house owners have a vendor while they remain their front doors locked. Did I miss anything?
Locked doors do not mean the house is public. A public house means that no one is noto flagged when on your steps or in your house. A private house makes any non-friends grey to the owner.

Also, a public house has a special house sign that has a menu for vendors/shops.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Locked doors do not mean the house is public. A public house means that no one is noto flagged when on your steps or in your house. A private house makes any non-friends grey to the owner.

Also, a public house has a special house sign that has a menu for vendors/shops.

I think he's asking if you can place a vendor in a private house that is not set to public... if he isn't I am.

halygon

Grandmaster
I think he's asking if you can place a vendor in a private house that is not set to public... if he isn't I am.
You cannot, the house must be set to public - but you can have all the doors locked and teleporters set to not work for non-friends/owners.