[Resolved]

SidX

Grandmaster
I bought a dono orc mask (jet black) from a player last night... put it on, head to the orc caves, and I'm instantly attacked by all orcs.

I put on a regular orc mask and am not attacked. As soon as I put the dono mask back on, I'm attacked again.

Do these not protect against orcs like regular orc masks?

SidX

Grandmaster
?

Curious if this is bugged? I've never in the past year of playing UOF ever heard a single person mention that these dono orc masks didn't protect against orcs.. kind of surprising if that's the case?

TriXa

Grandmaster
yep back in the day you was able to bless the orc masks .. But that got removed .. but i think there still some blessed charocal orc mask's around.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
maybe adding a new donation item is in order?

An Orcish Kin Deed

They can only be used on any orc mask that is not already a kin mask.

SidX

Grandmaster
The mask is blessed I'm just wondering if the dono orc masks are supposed to prevent you from getting attacked by orcs like the regular orcish kin masks.. otherwise what's their purpose? Just for looks?

I have always been under the impression the dono orc masks provide the same protection as regular orc masks, just blessed, thus the 5k dono pricetag.. but if it's not going to protect me from orcs I'll just get rid of it.

Messremb

Grandmaster
The mask is blessed I'm just wondering if the dono orc masks are supposed to prevent you from getting attacked by orcs like the regular orcish kin masks.. otherwise what's their purpose? Just for looks?

I have always been under the impression the dono orc masks provide the same protection as regular orc masks, just blessed, thus the 5k dono pricetag.. but if it's not going to protect me from orcs I'll just get rid of it.
if they add the property back in then the mask explodes if you forget and attack an orc, then staff gets tons of pages about losing dono items, thus they make all dono orc masks just for looks.

it makes sense, its not like orc masks are rare anyways.

SidX

Grandmaster
Cool thanks all, good point about them exploding.. it's unfortunate that the only resolution was making them only worthwhile for aesthetics!