Returning - Played From 1997-2002

JMurphy186

Neophyte
Hello all,
I played UO back in the good ol' days, about 1997-2002. I've largely been away from the community and haven't followed much. I did make a UO:R account a few years back and a UO account as well, didn't play very long. However, I recently checked out UO:R again and a friend pointed me to UOF. The UOF community and continuous developer involvement is great! I feel like it's the good ol' days again. I love the community and the developers...thank you.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all,
I played UO back in the good ol' days, about 1997-2002. I've largely been away from the community and haven't followed much. I did make a UO:R account a few years back and a UO account as well, didn't play very long. However, I recently checked out UO:R again and a friend pointed me to UOF. The UOF community and continuous developer involvement is great! I feel like it's the good ol' days again. I love the community and the developers...thank you.
Welcome!

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Welcome to Forever! It's been a great experience for me so far, after 15 years of not playing UO, finding a shard like Forever has really got me hooked on UO again - the social connections, the old style of game play we all loved, with added new content that doesn't break the era. UOF has it all!

JMurphy186

Neophyte
Welcome to Forever! It's been a great experience for me so far, after 15 years of not playing UO, finding a shard like Forever has really got me hooked on UO again - the social connections, the old style of game play we all loved, with added new content that doesn't break the era. UOF has it all!

I definitely couldn't agree more, and thank you! It's great...2 days after starting I was mining and was PK'd...I laughed for quite a while and said "Oh man...I forgot how great this game is!" Nowadays everything is so focused around the single player, with nearly no consequences. I forgot how much thought had to go into what I took to a dungeon, or how much gold or items I would take on before recalling out, no matter how far I've gotten. It is an OLD SCHOOL experience, before all of that ninja bushido and what not. It's great, the UOF team has done a great job and I 100% their work. I've purchased 5000 coins to say my "thanks" and the extra stuff you can get (colored items, frost sandals) was one of those 1-in-a-million things you saw if some guy managed to get into the "GM Realm" and steal a random frost colored dyeing tub.

Anyhow, I'm pumped to play after nearly 15 years again. UOF is so simple, yet so great and rewarding. The community is amazing and so vibrant, I love it.

Big thanks again to the UOF team for getting it right.

-Fatal Error

hiroshima

Master
I definitely couldn't agree more, and thank you! It's great...2 days after starting I was mining and was PK'd...I laughed for quite a while and said "Oh man...I forgot how great this game is!" Nowadays everything is so focused around the single player, with nearly no consequences. I forgot how much thought had to go into what I took to a dungeon, or how much gold or items I would take on before recalling out, no matter how far I've gotten. It is an OLD SCHOOL experience, before all of that ninja bushido and what not. It's great, the UOF team has done a great job and I 100% their work. I've purchased 5000 coins to say my "thanks" and the extra stuff you can get (colored items, frost sandals) was one of those 1-in-a-million things you saw if some guy managed to get into the "GM Realm" and steal a random frost colored dyeing tub.

Anyhow, I'm pumped to play after nearly 15 years again. UOF is so simple, yet so great and rewarding. The community is amazing and so vibrant, I love it.

Big thanks again to the UOF team for getting it right.

-Fatal Error

Glad to hear you are enjoying the small simple stuff that makes UO the GREAT game it is!!! Hope to see you ingame sometime!