Rugs and Academic Bookcase?

How do you get or craft these items on UOF? The Academic Bookcase recipe seems to require something from a later expansion, and I've seen several player houses with rugs in them.

Edit: I've also come across a lot of player house items that have clearly custom names. How do you do that? All these flasks with dildo names, I must know.

Bromista

Grandmaster
There are two types of full bookcases (no longer spawning stealables) that are rare as hell. Maybe only 15 on the server, someone correct me if I'm wrong. One is turnable and one is not, most of them are owned by only a couple players.

Some rugs were on the donation vendors but are no longer available. There mayyyy be a couple still on, I'm not sure tbh.

There are also rug tiles on the platinum vendor which you can use to build your own rugs. They are pretty expensive, equivalent of 40-50k per tile which can really add up. You can cycle through different graphics with these tiles which is pretty cool.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Do the frilly borders of the rug count as separate tiles? Like if you were to build what seems to be a 1x1 rug, you would need to purchase 9 tiles?

And what about custom item names?
Correct, a fully finished one tile rug would take nine tiles.

Not sure what you mean by custom items names, but it sounds like no if you mean having the ability to rename objects.

Faytality

Staff member
You cant customize item names. Those bottles with dildo names is something the devs did for fun. I saw one that was called the penetrator and word is if you double click it in your pack it makes the sound of a woman moaning.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ah yes, the penetrator is a firework and sir vulix's phallus is...a...thing...that does...stuff..

I think it was just a valentines day handout, not 100% though.

Those bottles with dildo names is something the devs did for fun.
I see. Where did this piano come from? I don't remember correctly but I've seen some regular furniture (not this piano below) dyed black, is there a special furniture dye tub?

727b847fad.png

Faytality

Staff member
I see. Where did this piano come from? I don't remember correctly but I've seen some regular furniture (not this piano below) dyed black, is there a special furniture dye tub?

727b847fad.png

That's a donation coin item. You can actually play that.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
There are two types of full bookcases (no longer spawning stealables) that are rare as hell. Maybe only 15 on the server, someone correct me if I'm wrong. One is turnable and one is not, most of them are owned by only a couple players.

Sadly the owner of the most of the bookcases doesn't even play...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Yeah I think TriXa and Violence both have 6+ a piece. I have one. Not sure about any other owners but there are surely a few out there.

So we've established that academic bookcases are super rare and are being hogged by a few resident pack rats, but where does one find them in the first place?