Safe spot in dungeons?

Vince

Neophyte
Hey all,

I've seen multiple threads about people mentioning skill gaining in dungeons using a safe spot...

Is there a dungeon with a safe spot that I can grind skills? I've recently ran through a few dungeons and they look pretty dangerous to me.

Feel free to share some info. Thanks!

BillWhite

Brit sewers..

Mostly safe, but there are times when people come to grief.. Just remember that and it's probably the safest place.

Gambrinus

Journeyman
There are a few locations in Shame that you can teleport to for safety from spawn but the PKs run through there every now and then. You could also goto the orc dungeon and pay their "tribute" or raise Hiding for while youre macroing...

Nanashi

Grandmaster
The question is a little broad. You should want to go into a dungeon and experiment. start from lvl 1 and farm and see if the amount of gold or whatever you looking for is enough. Than, if you like the spot mark a rune without any mobs that spawn. It really is up to you, I would recommend checking out some rune library's other characters have created to find dungeons.

Ramtha

Journeyman
You need to keep moving. I suggest marking a full runebook of farming locations you like. Then go to each one, kill and move on banking as necessary. UO isnt really a game where you find a spot and just stay there for hours grinding in peace. Almost any spot will have PKs come by, its just a matter of getting in and doing the killing while they are searching somewhere else. By the time they come by, its dead corpses and you are long gone.

Also, if using razor you can check the "Show incoming names box" It usually shows red names when they are just off the screen giving you a split second to get moving and recall.

halygon

Grandmaster
Hey all,

I've seen multiple threads about people mentioning skill gaining in dungeons using a safe spot...

Is there a dungeon with a safe spot that I can grind skills? I've recently ran through a few dungeons and they look pretty dangerous to me.

Feel free to share some info. Thanks!
I do not have specific locations to share, but here's the deal.

If you are training a skill that does not reveal you... Find any quiet corner in any dungeon (try to stay out of paths so people do not find you by accident) and hide there while you macro. This can be done with 99% safety. BTW, you can train up hiding and use it for training even if you plan on getting rid of it later.

IF you are training a skill that DOES reveal you (like magery) -- there will always be risk if training these in a dungeon. If you use one of the known safe spots from a Rune Library (check my signature if you don't know where one is), then you will probably have about a 60% safety rating (on the halygon safety scale of 0-100% :p ). In these cases, feel free to macro but 1) Keep an eye on your character so that you can recall away if need be and/or 2)keep the supplies on you to a minimum so that if you are killed, you do not lose much and can pick yourself up pretty easy.

IF you are training bard skills or archery, use the bard table at Deciet (rune in rune libraries) or another similar place (there's really no better place). You will probably die in these places but what do you really have to lose when training these skills.. some arrows and a bow? Maybe an NPC instrument.

Also... if you are training a crafting skill (Alchemy, Blacksmith, Tinkering, Carpentry, Inscription, Tailoring) --- you can use the Brit crafter's area for a safe spot to macro. Here you only worry about thieves and I usually just lock all my resources up in a lockable chest so I do not need to worry about thieves.

Yohee

Expert
It wouldn't be fair for me to list them - but my thief has a rubebook of common "safe spots" - and I tend to port around and unburden those who are heavily weighed down with regs. I don't think safe as such exists, but there are a few off the beaten track that are likely to better than others. It would be a little like setting you up to fail if I told you any of mine :)