Shard feedback

Cash is King

Grandmaster
I had typed these suggestions for Shane's thread about providing feedback on the shard but I didn't post it, was away for two days - now the thread was locked. Since it's already typed out I thought I'd post here in case they can add it to their list to review.

1) Have vendor fairs. Vendor search gumps would be very hard to code (if possible) so instead, once a season let's have a week-long vendor fair (not in town!). This would be great to promote trade for those of us who don't care/have time to set up a regular vendor at an existing mall. Bonus points if gm's are able to teleport existing vendors from their current locations to the fair and back.

2) More talisman relics. Devs did an amazing job with meta dexxers, this is the best addition to the shard imo. Please add a relic or two to each of the talisman's so we have a bit of variety besides only being able to add the 4 fixed relics for that talisman. Another aesthetic relic or two would be decent - something with flames or lightning?

3) Reward your veterans with interesting/meaningful rewards. Some of us have been around a long time (1,434 days here) - show us some love. On annual anniversaries there should be better rewards but more importantly give us a choice. I'd much prefer a system with more meaningful rewards and gives me a choice of 3+ options. A second tier to vet rewards could be number of hours online which is already being tracked. Having worthwhile rewards for time online will entice people to leave 3 clients open most of the time which will boost the shard's 'active player' stats to lure more people to join UOF. Win-win!

For example, on my 3 year anniversary I'd have a choice of: +3 armor patch, ethy dye (a good unique hue for vet rewards only, usable on any ethy) or a Veteran's sash (unique/cool hue). However, If you're 3 years and also have 10,000+ hours online, you get 2 additional hue options which are also unique, vet reward only hues. Something along these lines. Almost everyone on the shard loves ethy's and clothes so can't go wrong with these as options. Other vet reward options: house storage increase deeds, cool/unique house deco, 5 or 10 point boost to specific stat, skillballs. Anything that people would desire so the vet either reps it or can sell for decent money.​

4) More variety for events on special occasions. Invasions are great and the new system is fun - a great job was done on that. However, this shouldn't mean that other types of invasions/events should be ignored for special events. Scavenger hunts are a lot of fun. Last year's leprechaun event was fun. could do an ocean event where you have to kill sea serpents that are spread across the world that have special loot? This years' St. Paddy's day event this year was essentially a regular invasion with different names for the spawn. The MOTM invasions happen often and for most of us the St. Paddy's was the same usual grind with green color on the spawn.

Along these same lines I suggest a weekly or monthly fixed invasion time so that people can plan around the event and know that (for example) every Sunday starting at at 2pm EST there's an invasion happening.​

5) Manage expectations. Sometimes you over-promise and under-deliver or planned events start late. As a recent example, the St. Paddy's day event started many hours into the day on Saturday (which is very late for our European friends). I know you only specify a start date and not a specific time but the impression is that the events will be rolled out early on the start date. The vibe from the trenches is that you're not delivering. If you can't automate start times, at least start them at a fixed time every time or announce a specific start time so people know. I know life happens but there should be at least 2 or 3 of you that can initiate an event? You're doing a great job to promote the events so have them run on schedule is all I'm saying. If the event is promoted as running Saturday/Sunday like the St. Paddy's day event then I'd suggest starting it at 12:01am EST on Saturday (~6am in Europe) or at least very early morning EST (I believe majority of the shard is in North America?).

Aside from #2 above, the other suggestions should be easy to implement and wouldn't require coding or significant time commitments and would spruce things up for those of us who have enjoyed playing here a long time.

The thread had a lot of good constructive criticism but overall this is the best shard I've played by far. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator: