• Yes

Votes: 39 88.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Greetings,

What do you all think about UOF having "Trade Fairs" -- Maybe like once a season for like 1 week at a time?

This would work by there being some kind of "setting up area", prior to the Trade Fair. This setting up area would be the area that staff gives players vendor rentals.... once the "setting up time" has expired - all these vendors are moved to a certain spot in town that we can all shop at and restock our vendors at for the week.

Thoughts? I think it would be a fun event.. and would also help a lot of players buy/sell items.. It could also be used as a very small gold sink... if staff wants to charge us "X" gold for the vendor rental for the week :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I like the idea, and I've seen it done on other shards.

I don't like the way I've seen it done. Mostly the vendors are all piled up around west brit bank. It's already a spamfest there as it is.

I would like this idea if the vendors were spread out all over west brit.

But TBH, the only purpose this serves is to sink gold, and I'm not sure gold even needs to be sank right now. At least not enough to justify taking business away from player establishments. Maybe if the buy-in fee for a vendor was dono coins, then it would be an overall positive thing for the shard.

Maller

Adept
I really like the idea, but I do not think this is the right time. The increased save times seem to imply staff is trying new things with some cool stuff in the works. Maybe we can come together to flesh out this idea, and reduce the work from staff with a solid plan.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Why not? Sounds like a wonderful idea, would also allow budding thieves to perfect their manipulation skills um.. did I say that out loud? I meant, allow them to sell their illicit goods.... *grumbles* I meant, allow them to choose the best and most neatest back pack.... *sighs*

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
I think it's a great idea but implementation and the actual execution can be difficult... Always good to have new ideas posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
We were going to do this awhile back. Wasn't sure how much interest was in it though. Something like a spring bizarre or whatever. I can set this up !

I think it would be awesome and a lot of people would look forward to this, if it was done seasonally, or annually.

It can be annual , or seasonal..but i think a lot of people would love to participate in something like this (spring, summer, fall, winter trade fairs)

I think a week would be a good amount of time for something like this..so that its not too short, or too long so it does not take away from vendor houses/malls for an extended period of time.

In addition - it could help move around items that have been collecting dust for weeks, months+ that sit in peoples bank boxes and houses and are never used.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I think this could be a fun event..something different then the regular CTF's, PVP tourneys, and town invasions....but Spring , Summer and Fall has come and gone :( How about a Christmas Trade Fair..or Winter Trade Fair?