Sprinklers and Garden Beds

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Sprinklers

Using Sprinklers

Lock down the sprinkler anywhere in your house, even a different floor from your plants.
If you have two or more houses joined together, the sprinkler will only work on the plants that are within the original house platform that the sprinkler is located in.
A sprinkler can hold 100 charges
To fill a sprinkler, just drag and drop pitchers, potions, or kegs on top of them.
Sprinklers will also allow you to fill up to 100 uses, even if the number of charges is less than 100.
Clicking on a sprinkler will give one dose of the liquid it holds to the plants that need it.
If your plant requires two doses, you have to click the sprinkler again.
Garden Bed:
Introduced as part of the Rustic Theme Pack 2011 this maintenence free garden is a boon for all keen gardeners.

Raised Garden Bed (South) – this is an oblong bed of 6 plots 2 x 3 with the wider (3 plot) edge facing south
Raised Garden Bed (East) – this is an oblong bed of 6 plots 2 x 3 with the wider (3 plot) edge facing east
Raised Garden Bed (Large)- this is a square bed of 9 plots, 3 x 3
Raised Garden Bed (Small) – this is a square bed of four plots, 2 x 2

I can understand the garden beds not being introduced, because they support a work-free mechanic, which I know the devs want to stay away from.. That's fine if that's the case. (Maybe allow one per account? They can only grow at most 9 at a time anyway, or even allow only the 4 plot small version?)
I love the sprinklers though. Again, I understand this turns something needing alot of work and care, into a huge ez-mode system, but Im looking for new enhancements to the gardening system that could be implemented. (Thank god for seed boxes!) The sprinkler still needs the correct resources, it just cuts down a huge amount of time. Again, I understand why this wouldn't be implemented if the reason is mindless effort for great gain (if you consider deco great gain, except petals).

Or even new types of seeds? Some cocoa trees, rare hues like pink and blaze (for example), or even the two tone system with dyes, allowing you to dye plain hues, to give HALF of the plant color. Examples: http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/Hyssmaye/RehuedPlantsV.jpg and http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/Hyssmaye/RehuedPlantsIII-2.jpg

In reality, I'd love to see something new in the area of gardening. Even something like a 100k new seed added to the gold sink vendor. ANYTHING new would be awesome IMO.[emoji5]

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Edit: bonsai trees exist already! :facepalm:

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Saw something last night that was a neat gardening feature on some server somewhere: gardening bottles.

It's basically a single water pitcher (dyed gray in the video) that holds a bunch of water charges, that can ONLY be used for plants. I'd gladly pay 150k for this on the gold sink vendor. It sucks refilling potions and water pitchers, but the worst part is the item count. This would save alot of tedious hassle! Thanks for reading.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk