Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Keep individual potions

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkarrin

Neophyte
warning: New player coming in with a suggestions thats been suggested loads before and will prob get flamed
-----------------
before i start if there is an actual really good reason for individual pots that i missed i apologise in advance

make potions stackable, every other server ive ever been on has stackable potions, doing it one by one is fiddly and annoying and logistically not fun, and there is no reason for it... i can still carry the same number of potions only difference is i have individual bottles to move round and sort through and when it gets to looting someone who had potions its a complete mess.

the only possible reason i can see is if the gms wanted to add an element of rp realism to the game, but considering i have half the game of thrones cast walking around on screen along with weird and random names like 'i tame things' talking in txt speak, i dont see why we should have the full brutality of rp taken out on us with a horribly time consuming cluttered ugly potions system

reasons to justify individual potions that ive seen that have been suggested before are utter nonsense, example from last time stackable potions was suggested:

"This makes poisoning a pointless skill as you can carry 50 cure pots.
It makes macing useless as you can carry 50 refresh pots.
It makes alchemy even more powerful as you can carry 50 explosion pots."

um i can still buy and carry 50 of each pot if i so wish, it just takes me ages to move them into my bag and then the bag is an unmanagable mess... also is there any specific reason the weight of a pot has to change if stacked if thats your huge concern, is there some weird thing in the script that makes stacked pots lighter then single pots that i have missed?

"this would make kegs useless and hurt a lot of players who have created tinker-carpenters exactly for that purpose."

there are lots of other things tinkers and carpenters can do, also those who had to make those proffessions just for kegs i bet were really hating this whole keg non stackable pot thing when they did it, im sure theyll get over it... and theres no reason the keg system has to be dumped if people like it, they can still fill bottles from kegs, just into stacks

please for the sake of my and possibly all our sanity's can we have stackable potions

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Aye, this was added around the time the big recent PvP changes started happening. It was done so that people could restock potions into bags other than their main bag. Simply put the empty bottles into any container within your main backpack, and double click the kegs! very nice change and totally curbs the need for stackable pots imho

Akkarrin

Neophyte
I did know, figured it out by accident, i didnt know this was new, it must have been completely impossible before

I also know that pots will go to kegs of that pot type with space and i can use razor to hot key and macro pots by colour type, i think ive got all the tricks to simplify this

point is its still completely unnecessary cluttering and awkward to have to order my potions and grab them individually from my bank box or from newly made batches whenever i want new pots on my char and there is still no reason for this system that i can see, judging the huge number of times this has been suggested a substantial amount of the player base is opposed to it

Working wirh individual bottles is stupid and unnessecary

halygon

Grandmaster
Still not heard a single decent reason for single potions
So it's like this.. Two reasons that staff use to explain this:

1. Individual potion take up item counts - you get 125 items in your backpack. Do you choose to fill it up with potions or leave space open for looting? Also by each potion taking up one item slot, it reduces the amount of potions that can be carried.

2. It is era accurate - back in the day, potions did not stack. (Albeit a dumb reason, but nostalgia is still a reason)

Akkarrin

Neophyte
to reason 1, ok fine, if thats what gm wants, is it possible to script it so say 2 stacked potions take up 2 item slots? i know next to nothing about scripting but that doesnt sound too tricky?

to reason 2, from what i remember potions were made stackable for the very reason the player base got fed up moving individual potions, now that pretty much all of us have had stacking and know how easy it can be it is even more frustrating

K A Z

Grandmaster
unfortunately this wont happen. Other reasons @Shane mentioned were that clean-looting would be too easy then and cant remember others.. But yea. I guess this wont happen. Still gets my vote, though.

Akkarrin

Neophyte
every other server i know of uses it and ive never ever heard someone say that they dislike stackable potions but i dont know anyone who likes individual potions and anyone who does is quite honestly a complete and total masochist

UO was never a game that was to be played on easy mode and it shouldnt be, but come on individual potions... really....

halygon

Grandmaster
to reason 1, ok fine, if thats what gm wants, is it possible to script it so say 2 stacked potions take up 2 item slots? i know next to nothing about scripting but that doesnt sound too tricky?

to reason 2, from what i remember potions were made stackable for the very reason the player base got fed up moving individual potions, now that pretty much all of us have had stacking and know how easy it can be it is even more frustrating
Oh trust me, I prefer stacked potions. I don't care about being dry looted because hell, i never go PvP or PvM with items that I would care to lose.

Akkarrin

Neophyte
kegs are stackable potions
no they arent ¬_¬ thats an even worse excuse then the ones already listed

if i have a keg i have to indivdually pour out potions, if i want to put potions back in i gotta move them in one at a time, if i want to transport i have to move undetermined number of pots in heavy batches

meanwhile heres an idea why dont we just, ya know, stack the potions! so like i could drag and take the amount i want, in an uncluttered group ! :O

halygon

Grandmaster
no they arent ¬_¬ thats an even worse excuse then the ones already listed

if i have a keg i have to indivdually pour out potions, if i want to put potions back in i gotta move them in one at a time, if i want to transport i have to move undetermined number of pots in heavy batches

meanwhile heres an idea why dont we just, ya know, stack the potions! so like i could drag and take the amount i want, in an uncluttered group ! :O
Do you think you can't create a macro to pour and drink a potion?

Akkarrin

Neophyte
are you suggesting running arround with kegs as stacks, cause thats a horrible idea that id be surprised if anyone uses, and setting up the macro so it pours from the correct keg without having to retarget every time you get a new keg does sound tricky through razor

halygon

Grandmaster
are you suggesting running arround with kegs as stacks, cause thats a horrible idea that id be surprised if anyone uses, and setting up the macro so it pours from the correct keg without having to retarget every time you get a new keg does sound tricky through razor
Pretty easy to do actually, and I have seen PvPers run around with kegs of stuff like G.Explosion to restock on the fly. Most folks keep the kegs in their beetles and hop off when they need to restock. It is faster and easier to just keep 20 or so of each potion on you and then restock with kegs from your beetle.

Akkarrin

Neophyte
right fine it can be done, its been going for months people have developed little tricks to make it more bearable, but there has still been no good reason given for not allowing stackable potions, im sorry but whatever the gms thought they were thinking when they made it individual potions only they were simply wrong, theyve done a great job with the server and its quite a good set up overall but on this theyve made a mistake.

I C Y U N V ME-

Apprentice
right fine it can be done, its been going for months people have developed little tricks to make it more bearable, but there has still been no good reason given for not allowing stackable potions, im sorry but whatever the gms thought they were thinking when they made it individual potions only they were simply wrong, theyve done a great job with the server and its quite a good set up overall but on this theyve made a mistake.

You haven't provided one solid reason either. You might be the only person in this thread who cares about stackable potions everyone else has macros around this, it makes it more time consuming and a little bit harder. Every other server has stackable potions, but we are UO Forever and we are not a bunch of trammies.

Akkarrin

Neophyte
why stackable potions? so its not logistically difficult, doesnt just clutter corpses on death, it is far neater, it is less time consuming, fiddiling with individual pots is time consuming, it is friendlier to people new to the server, its a very sensible system with no draw backs, every other server does it that way for these reasons... again i reiterate i do not want the game to be set to easy mode, but a friendlier potion system is nicer for the player base, fiddling about with individual pots was not how the game is supposed to be made difficult

and im the only one protesting in favour of stackables but despite that there are 9 yes votes and 4 no votes

Bryce

Adept
2 things simple and I'll ask that you just give this up.

1. As was stated before, more individual pots when a pk murders someone = takes longer to loot, thus a longer window of people seeking retribution on those that more often than not caught them off guard in a cheeseball fashion.
2. Kegs. With stackable pots, you have no use for kegs. You would just craft endlessly into stacks. With Kegs in the equation, it provides crafters a means of making money providing goods that are convenient for purchase. People farm/sell the resources, and crafters create the vessels to hold the potions. While this MAY seem tedious to you, people actually enjoy the process. Just because you yourself don't play the game for its crafting/merchant potential doesn't mean others don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.