Stackable Pots

Super Trammie

Apprentice
So in order to make the alch/dp template more overpowered we need to limit what other templates can carry in their backpacks?

In order to make that template, and others, still viable enough to use, we need to limit what people can carry, yes.

kyleakira

Master
No thank you.

This makes poisoning a pointless skill as you can carry 50 cure pots.
It makes macing useless as you can carry 50 refresh pots.
It makes alchemy even more powerful as you can carry 50 explosion pots.

The key to improve poisoning is to add a delay between cure pots as healing have.

Stackable potions should be implemented

Cash is King

Grandmaster
When I restock it's annoying as hell to d-click my cure keg, then heal keg, then refresh keg, then strength keg.... each of them 10-15 times = 40-60 d-clicks

It sounds like the only negative to this would be item count and total weight. The argument for tinkers who make kegs losing out is weak imo.

So how about implement this but make the number of stacked potions count towards total item count and weight so it's exactly the same as if i had all loose pots? win/win. Then when i restock i just grab 15 stam/heal/cure/refresh and make it a part of my razor restock macro which makes my life much easier for restocking

S

Shane

There's many reasons we don't have stacked pots here.

Say you're fighting 4v4 , and they get the drop and kill one of your team mates, pretty much 75% of guilds on there have one guy in their guild that will go for the loot, and stop paying attention to the fight, he will start looting the pots etc which gives your team time to get the drop on one of them (as most people are hyped about the loot), which in this case would balance out the entire fight again, just because of something like the amount of time it takes to loot potions, if that makes sense.

Basically when people have to sit there and drag/drop, it gives a time line there that would otherwise not be there for more situations to happen.
Kind of hard to explain i guess.

Also, theres is a weird glory opening a corpse that has 40 items, compared to a corpse that has 10 items. Doesn't matter what those items are, at first, it just looks better.

But i can honestly say for a fact i know when i PvP'd, we would kill one of the guys, and while his whole guild is trying to loot their guild mate, it gives us that extra 10 seconds to get up another dump, and drop another person. This basically makes those teams who are organized, better than those teams that are not.

That's the easiest way i can explain it i think haha.

Shake

Master
You can't restock on the fly or stock heavily for long fights however. If you're fighting outnumbered you have to run away and restock instead of grabbing those 10 refresh from a corpse you sorely need. Organized groups should stomp the unorganized either way.

Snickle

Grandmaster
There's many reasons we don't have stacked pots here.

Say you're fighting 4v4 , and they get the drop and kill one of your team mates, pretty much 75% of guilds on there have one guy in their guild that will go for the loot, and stop paying attention to the fight, he will start looting the pots etc which gives your team time to get the drop on one of them (as most people are hyped about the loot), which in this case would balance out the entire fight again, just because of something like the amount of time it takes to loot potions, if that makes sense.

Basically when people have to sit there and drag/drop, it gives a time line there that would otherwise not be there for more situations to happen.
Kind of hard to explain i guess.

Also, theres is a weird glory opening a corpse that has 40 items, compared to a corpse that has 10 items. Doesn't matter what those items are, at first, it just looks better.

But i can honestly say for a fact i know when i PvP'd, we would kill one of the guys, and while his whole guild is trying to loot their guild mate, it gives us that extra 10 seconds to get up another dump, and drop another person. This basically makes those teams who are organized, better than those teams that are not.

That's the easiest way i can explain it i think haha.

Sounds like a personal preference.
I guess you're allowed one. ;)
(we're all used to it anyways)
:D

No thank you.

This makes poisoning a pointless skill as you can carry 50 cure pots.
It makes macing useless as you can carry 50 refresh pots.
It makes alchemy even more powerful as you can carry 50 explosion pots.

You can carry a ton of pots doesn't matter if they stack or not.

halygon

Grandmaster
This is true but if they were stackable you could pre stack them so you dont have to dbl click a keg a hundred times when u need pots.
Why wouldn't you? Stackable or not, a potion is filled by one double click per potion. The restocking would be identical between the two. The difference is the item count and organization in your backpack.

I'd just get a bunch of bottles in my pack and never put them in the keg to begin with. Don't know anyone here who doesn't have a alchemist.

when ur crafting pots, they only go in the keg if you have a keg in ur pack, if they were stackable they would just pile up on each other, never actually have to go into the keg

halygon

Grandmaster
when ur crafting pots, they only go in the keg if you have a keg in ur pack, if they were stackable they would just pile up on each other, never actually have to go into the keg
ah.. I see. Actually that's another reason that has been quoted in the past why NOT to have stackable pots as it removed the need for potion kegs.