Static Timers on RDA/IDOC/Boss Spawns increases group PVP

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Why are IDOC timers made random but all the popular spawn/faction RDAs/arch daemon's set on a static timer? It's okay to allow organized guilds to time these spawns down to the second but not okay for organized guilds to do the same thing with IDOCs? Where is the logic here?

p.s.

I have no problem with static timers and feel like organized crews should be rewarded for their effort and organization but if it's not this way for IDOCs then why should it be this way for everything else?

Thoughts?

Babethoven

Grandmaster
the logic is to let a certain group hold down spawns and gather 12 nox relics to lock down on their floors

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
the logic is to let a certain group hold down spawns and gather 12 nox relics to lock down on their floors

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

So its okay for guilds to do this with every tameable spawn/rda/arch daemon/that thing that spawns in cov 4 but not okay for people who IDOC?

There is no legitimate IDOC scene on UOF and it's 100% due to the fact there is a minimum 2hour random window on IDOCs(if you time it).

On uoforever(a now dead shard) -- the IDOC scene was massive with both large guilds, small guilds, and solo IDOCers all fighting over the house minutes before it dropped(sometimes as it dropped). The random timer of IDOCs on UOF prevents this scene from developing here...which is really unfortunate for the growth of UOF.

Any remember guilds like I P? Guilds with 100+ people dedicated to just IDOCing... sure they died a lot but their relentless pursuit of IDOCs allowed a lot of newbs to get very rich.

eppy

Grandmaster
You guys fail to realize that the random timers for almost all the items you mentioned have a larger window than idocs do.

Warlock is up every single night at almost 3 am exactly in Cove 5. $ has been holding it down every night at 3 am for weeks on end. Theres nothing random about it.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
You guys fail to realize that the random timers for almost all the items you mentioned have a larger window than idocs do.

The Faction RDA spawns every 6 hours... the fake champ at cov 4 spawns every 24hours... arch demon is on a timer as well.

Ask ]$[ guild if you think the cov 4 fake champ is on a random timer, we got their timer from a spy and shit on them 3 days in a row @ 3am.

Static times are what allow for things to be competitive...

No shit -- the random timers here benefit no one. IDOC scene is empty because of it :(

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
From what I hear every tame-able spawn that is on static timer is camped, times kept on excel sheet and spread throughout the guild. people have trouble getting mares because of their static timer. If idoc timer is random so should spawn timers and miniboss timers.

ps fix stun & spell dmg..idk how many more failed stunned attempts and laps around sosaria i can take..

Bromista

Grandmaster
From what I hear every tame-able spawn that is on static timer is camped, times kept on excel sheet and spread throughout the guild. people have trouble getting mares because of their static timer. If idoc timer is random so should spawn timers and miniboss timers.

ps fix stun & spell dmg..idk how many more failed stunned attempts and laps around sosaria i can take..
This was the case with tamable timers.

About 12 months ago.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
goto cov 4 @ 3:05am est and you will see the boss there spawn every night...

like I said, static timers are good as they reward organization and teamwork -- just need to get them applied to IDOCs so UOF can have an actual IDOC scene.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Agreed -- make IDOCs have a static timer(or at least a random timer of no longer than 30minutes) and you will see guilds and groups forming up for IDOCs instead of the lack of legit IDOC scene UOF has now.

Bromista

Grandmaster
bromista, you're a known tameable hoarder and camper. You've been exposed mate

ps i just want static timers across the board
Excuse you?

I get my tamables with hustle, plain and simple.

I make fun of $ all the time for no longer being relevant in the tamable game because of the variable timers taking away their ability to control them. They used to camp a spawn and call in more players than other guilds because their RL schedule revolved around those timers (and still do, only with other timers now)

So there you have it, you have been exposed for talking about old news.