Stop The Running!

Rampage

Expert
I think the point is to stop these people with GM Running, Hint: Mel Gibson/Ron Paul, and a side note on the bolas, would make taming pvp much more viable, and stealth archers would be a lot better at getting solo kills :D

If you cant kill someone with anywhere between 4-8 people at all times, than I don't think the issue is them being able to run fast.

Cinder

Master
No to bola tamers
No to wands - both destroyed uoforever.

But Yes to mount stamina, good idea for sure!

*agreed* no to wands
*agreed* no to bola s
*disagreed * with mount stamina.. I am a tamer, and I have no care to pvp or to be pvp ed.... It is hard enough to get away, without having to worry about my pets stamina. PVP v/s PVP ers.. Give tamers a chance to get out of a fight if they choose not to fight!!

here is my 2 cents on this and bring all the hate after if yall want... but if you complain about people running obviously you are fighting the wrong ppl.. AkA me lol... i believe if you really want to pvp you should stay and fight instead of running if you die you die its a game..... i suck at pvp since i play an archer so at first sign of a fight i haul ass..if i were better i would stay and fight and let what happen happpen...

halygon

Grandmaster
Let's beat the no stamina loss horse some more why don't we?

It's going to happen so embrace the change. Those pks of yours are gonna have the same or less stamina than you. They are subject to stamina loss also, or did you forget that?

Chill out guys, it's not the apocalypse.

Akesha

Novice
well everyone have the rights to run or to fight.
there should be no god who said: "dont run or i curse you" ;P

SteelSexi

Master
Hmm.

So with this proposed idea, a PK attacks a noob, a miner, a person hacking wood OR a person attacks another player engaged in a PvE battle. I know none of these would ever happen and every person attacked here is always attacked only when the odds are fair.. but... [/end sarcasm]

As it is now, I'm mining, I have to be off my mount to mine. I get attacked by PK. Kla-Boom! Half health. I have to get on my ethy or horse and likely get hit again. At 8 health and 100% crafter skills, what do you expect me to do? Uhhhh, RUN for my damn life! - That's what! And in this all-too-common scenario, I'm as good as dead 93% of the time.

Now, with your proposed changes, any miner, noob, wood harvester, or person who gets attacked in the back while at half health engaged in a PvE battle is DEAD 100% of the time, not just 95% of the time.

Explain to me again how this is a good idea? I mean I know that nobody ever gets attacked here when the odds are in the attackers favor.. but still... [/end sarcasm]

Last edited by a moderator:

Akesha

Novice
well they only see their fun not our pve fun, thats the problem.... we are only great hearts filled with gold lol

Super Trammie

Apprentice
Hmm.

So with this proposed idea, a PK attacks a noob, a miner, a person hacking wood OR a person attacks another player engaged in a PvE battle. I know none of these would ever happen and every person attacked here is always attacked only when the odds are fair.. but... [/end sarcasm]

As it is now, I'm mining, I have to be off my mount to mine. I get attacked by PK. Kla-Boom! Half health. I have to get on my ethy or horse and likely get hit again. At 8 health and 100% crafter skills, what do you expect me to do? Uhhhh, RUN for my damn life! - That's what! And in this all-too-common scenario, I'm as good as dead 93% of the time.

Now, with your proposed changes, any miner, noob, wood harvester, or person who gets attacked in the back while at half health engaged in a PvE battle is DEAD 100% of the time, not just 95% of the time.

Explain to me again how this is a good idea? I mean I know that nobody ever gets attacked here when the odds are in the attackers favor.. but still... [/end sarcasm]

Recall macro. Problem solved.

halygon

Grandmaster
Hmm.

well they only see their fun not our pve fun, thats the problem.... we are only great hearts filled with gold lol
You guys are funny. Do you really think that stamina loss will prevent you from running? I think you completely misunderstand the system. In the above situation, IF you run, which you can, then unless you plan on running a good long distance, you probably will not run out of stamina, unless the PK stams ya (attacks ya in a way where your stamina goes down to 0). In that case, you are dead regardless of these changes.

No one is wanting to ruin your PvE fun, and you more than likely will not even know a difference. Did you guys ever play on OSI or for that matter, ANY other shard except for UOF? If not, fell satisfied that you will not be affected much. If so, then you know you will not be affected much.

You know who WILL be affected the most? Off the top of my head... PvPers and IDOC house hunters.

SteelSexi

Master
Recall macro. Problem solved.

Good point. But with that.. isn't recalling out the ultimate type of 'running away'? Does the OP want to prevent recalling away from a fight too? I can understand that people wanting to PvP might get tired of people running all over when they get low health, but to me - it would seem that being able to move and/or get out of harms way is instinctive in every predator/prey situation.

I am not opposed to animal stamina loss at all, as long as it's not over done. And as long as the same stamina loss that affects the escapee also applies to the provoker/attacker who is chasing them, then I guess it's all good and fair. Maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed that what was being proposed was any attacked player who runs away gets affected by immediate stamina loss, while the attacker runs full speed to enable a kill. I mean, if both parties were affected by such stamina loss while running, what difference would this change make in the end? That's why I assumed the OP was asking for a penalty to any attacked party to try and force them to fight rather then run away.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
Good point. But with that.. isn't recalling out the ultimate type of 'running away'? Does the OP want to prevent recalling away from a fight too? I can understand that people wanting to PvP might get tired of people running all over when they get low health, but to me - it would seem that being able to move and/or get out of harms way is instinctive in every predator/prey situation.

I am not opposed to animal stamina loss at all, as long as it's not over done. And as long as the same stamina loss that affects the escapee also applies to the provoker/attacker who is chasing them, then I guess it's all good and fair. Maybe I read it wrong, but it seemed that what was being proposed was any attacked player who runs away gets affected by immediate stamina loss, while the attacker runs full speed to enable a kill. I mean, if both parties were affected by such stamina loss while running, what difference would this change make in the end? That's why I assumed the OP was asking for a penalty to any attacked party to try and force them to fight rather then run away.

From my understanding and speaking with people, the stamina loss that is generally wanted would be mount stamina loss.

Example: Your horse has x amount of stamina. For every x amount of tiles someone runs, the horse would lose 1 stamina. This would (eventually) make people unable to run, as their mount no longer has any stamina. This is generally meant for people who are PvPing. As right now, as soon as someone gets below half, they can run forever and heal with little-no chance of dying.

The recall macro is for people who don't want to PvP, such as yourself. The people who kill miners aren't here for PvP. They're here to grief others and add nothing to the shard. Making a recall macro and using it frequently isn't going to annoy anyone of consequence like no stamina drain does right now.

SteelSexi

Master
I guess since it's been many years since I've done any PvP at all on UO way back when... I do misunderstand.

Okay. I understand the OP isn't wanting this so that he can grief and kill miners and noobs. I get that.

So, I'm thinking PvP now. Player A attackers player B by a dungeon entrance somewhere. Both players are on ethy mounts let's say. If player B runs, I can understand the desire for his mount to realistically have a natural stamina loss and not be able to run and heal forever. But here is where I get confused trying to see the point...If player B runs and heals off screen away from the first attacker, I am picturing the attacker, player A running after him to try and finish the kill. So in response to being chased now, player B keeps running. With a stamina loss, he slows down now, but wouldn't player B who has ran the same distance now also be affected by the very same stamina loss? And if this stamina loss is going to apply to all players, what's the point in the end besides maybe some realism? If both players have stamina loss, then player B is still going to be the same distance in front of player A while both are running and being affected by the same stamina loss. Sure, with stamina loss, eventually you could make player B tire and stop completely. But to think that player A wouldn't be under the same stamina loss penalites seems unfair, and if he is affected by the same stamina loss, where is the difference at here for player A (the first attacker.. the chaser as apposed to the runner) with said stamina loss changes?

I guess I'm not seeing the point... unless the OP is proposing an unfair stamina loss system where only the person running away gets stamina loss and the initial attacker isn't affected in the same manner.

Again, I understand this isn't a change meant to allow griefing of noobs and miners. I'm still having a hard time picturing the point in a real time pvp scenario.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
Both parties would lose stamina at the same rate.

This would lead to both people being unable to run away and having to finally defend themselves as they would both, in theory, be unable to run any longer.

SteelSexi

Master
Ahh, I see. I guess this is one of those things that's likely been seen in live experience or experienced hands-on to see how good of a difference it actually makes.

Thanks for the clarification.