[Suggestion] Item Identification

Ross Mapes

Item Identification marks you as a Merchant, but it has no practical use as one.

It also has no reason to be present on a combat character or treasure hunter.

Here are some suggestions to make this skill something worth considering if you are a hunter of magical items.

1. Allow the skill to increase the odds of monsters you kill dropping Magical Items & Treasure Maps. The bonus chance should account for the fact that you have given a skill up to focus on this.

2. Allow the skill to add bonus items to Treasure and Dungeon chests when opened. This could be a chance, or a definite, but ranging bonus.

3. When Identifying an item, allow a property to be upgraded on a random chance. i.e. a Force weapon could upgrade to Power, or a lesser slayer a greater slayer.

halygon

Grandmaster
I am not sure about #3, but 1&2 sound feasible. I would think instead of #3, maybe have items automatically identify with this skill (ie passive use) -- just a thought.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I use my ID mule constantly, I'm not sure I'd say it's a useless skill. I do like the premise of options 1 & 2, #3 however I could never agree with.
That said, quality of life change:

#4) Target a container, ID everything in the container.. (GM Only)