The Meta Dexxer's Lounge and Beard Bar

Fattson

Grandmaster
Hey guys! My meta dexxer is Grayson McNugget. He's also my wood chopping, 120 lj. Really like the template and having fun with my tali.

Currently level three with no relics and working the elementalist and the undead conquests.

What are you ladies and bearded boys up to?

kurtis

Grandmaster
Hail good sir. I assume you're one of those crazy beserkers I keep seeing around, raging at everything that moves. Simmer down.

I go by Kurtis. I'm a peaceful fellow that prefers more defensive measures. I leveled my tali to three, my recoil relic to 10, and then temporarily retired my character. One day I will get back the drive to level it, but that day is not today.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Hail good sir. I assume you're one of those crazy beserkers I keep seeing around, raging at everything that moves. Simmer down.

I go by Kurtis. I'm a peaceful fellow that prefers more defensive measures. I leveled my tali to three, my recoil relic to 10, and then temporarily retired my character. One day I will get back the drive to level it, but that day is not today.
Same thing happened with me. I didn't work on mine for a couple of months. But after finishing my tamer, I decided to get back into it.

Hail good sirs and ladies.

I've got my berserker talisman to level 2, but am about 10k XP from 3. I've been axing down all kinds of mobs, but have stayed mainly in Shame since the elementals there are easy to kill and spawn quickly without hitting hard. Dexxing naked is sexy! I've been using 2 handed axes though. Is it suggested to use a fast 1h weapon instead of a slower harder hitting 2h wep? I'm just trying to level the tally to 10 as fast as i can so any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Berserker level 8
Tread -10
Phase -10
Double -9 (350/3200xp)

A very fun template. Phase really increases the level of skill to play a dexer.

Fattson

Grandmaster
Hail good sirs and ladies.

I've got my berserker talisman to level 2, but am about 10k XP from 3. I've been axing down all kinds of mobs, but have stayed mainly in Shame since the elementals there are easy to kill and spawn quickly without hitting hard. Dexxing naked is sexy! I've been using 2 handed axes though. Is it suggested to use a fast 1h weapon instead of a slower harder hitting 2h wep? I'm just trying to level the tally to 10 as fast as i can so any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
I've always used double axes. Just a personal preference. @Ariakan99 might be able to shed some light on the one hander question.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I used axes for most of my talisman levelling and have only recently dropped it as I needed to fit in hiding/stealth for phase shift.

Slayer katana is by far your best choice for a one handed wep. I use a slayer hally for phase shift and then switch to katana. Axes have the benefit of some very big hits that can almost 1 shot smaller mobs (even better if you have double strike) which is a big bonus when farming with 0 armor. They were also very good at taking big lumps of health from dragons before they could fire breath me (dragons give great xp).

Axes also have a very big damage range so can not be relied upon for consistent damage. Test out using a katana and see how you like it and what xp gains you get vs the axe - being able to pot is a big advantage when training.

0 ar is obviously the best for gains but I found that a shop bought leather suit (12ar and less when its beaten a little) with slayer properties added really helped as it allowed me to farm higher level mobs for better gains.

Katanas also do a very good job of interrupting magic casting mobs - something I really liked as my char is low on resist.

If you really want to keep lumber then double axes are the best mix of swing speed/damage output as large battle axes are just too slow. I always used these for the initial hit from phase shift/double strike before switching to a katana to finish.

When you get relics, keeping lumber will become a personal choice as phase shift and infected wounds both require additional skills to take full advantage of them.

Fattson

Grandmaster
I used axes for most of my talisman levelling and have only recently dropped it as I needed to fit in hiding/stealth for phase shift.

Slayer katana is by far your best choice for a one handed wep. I use a slayer hally for phase shift and then switch to katana. Axes have the benefit of some very big hits that can almost 1 shot smaller mobs (even better if you have double strike) which is a big bonus when farming with 0 armor. They were also very good at taking big lumps of health from dragons before they could fire breath me (dragons give great xp).

Axes also have a very big damage range so can not be relied upon for consistent damage. Test out using a katana and see how you like it and what xp gains you get vs the axe - being able to pot is a big advantage when training.

0 ar is obviously the best for gains but I found that a shop bought leather suit (12ar and less when its beaten a little) with slayer properties added really helped as it allowed me to farm higher level mobs for better gains.

Katanas also do a very good job of interrupting magic casting mobs - something I really liked as my char is low on resist.

If you really want to keep lumber then double axes are the best mix of swing speed/damage output as large battle axes are just too slow. I always used these for the initial hit from phase shift/double strike before switching to a katana to finish.

When you get relics, keeping lumber will become a personal choice as phase shift and infected wounds both require additional skills to take full advantage of them.
I'm eventually planning on gming magery. Really getting into the "berserker" mind set and thinking I just wanna run an axer with tread and dstrike. All brute force, no finesse.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
It's a powerful combo. The only issue I can see is dropping wep to pot stam so you can tread - as it needs max stam to activate.

With a little practice it should be quite doable. Start buying up ingots - I spent a fortune making slayer axes!

Berserker level 8
Tread -10
Phase -10
Double -9 (350/3200xp)

A very fun template. Phase really increases the level of skill to play a dexer.

Wow... just wow. I am jelly. super jelly.

Thanks! I have been training at 0 armor, but have been debating just using 2 pieces of exceptional leather armor (legs/tunic) to get the 10-12 armor to farm with. here are my skills which may seem a little weird

GM swords, tacts, anat, healing, resist, archery, 115 LJ.

I've debated dropping archery, but man it makes things nice in PvP when a mage thinks they can paralyze you and run around me prancing because i forgot to bring explosion pouches.

I have been farming demons as well, but ive noticed that they usually come in pairs at the maze and demon temple, but slayer weps makes short work of them. Each demon gives roughly 60XP per kill. I guess i will just swap weps and see what each gives me with a 1h vs 2h and post back on here. I'm really wanting the 2h to be better since the money put int LJ!

Kilike

Grandmaster
Just hit level 4 (so long as we don't revert). Nox relic at level 4 as well.
I use :

Swords,Tact,Anat,Heal,Nox,Alchy,Resist. Not the greatest as eventually I'd like hide/stealth for Phase(if I ever get it) but for fighting off reds. I love it. Normally carry a Kryss and Long spear, but 95% of the time I'm using my Kyrss.

Also for the champing Berserker. If you have alchy, XP pots give you pretty good score lol

Vorax

Grandmaster
Currently only got a level 2 beserker, as my meta dexxer is also now one of my big pvpers, him being an Alchy Macer... But it is definitely nice running around hitting 200+ with slayer war hammers! :D

Fattson

Grandmaster
It's a powerful combo. The only issue I can see is dropping wep to pot stam so you can tread - as it needs max stam to activate.

With a little practice it should be quite doable. Start buying up ingots - I spent a fortune making slayer axes!
Fortunately I'm in a crafting guild and also run a tamer and make quite a decent income from farming with the meta dexxer. So buying up slayer weps is no biggie for me.

Vince[Tharakus]

Grandmaster
Damn! Just learned in this thread the needed skills to work up your relics. I wanted phase and infectious but wow, have to have 3 additional skills for them to work! Not sure how I'm gonna do my Berserker now.
Current template.....
GM Swords, tacs, anat, healing,
80ish resist
Some hiding
60ish magery
And 115 LJ

About half way to lvl 3 Taily

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Berserker lvl 10
Double strike 10
Tread 10
Phase 8

I run a swords char with hiding/stealth. Phase shift really does open up a lot of possibilities and playstyle options for a dexxer.

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Damn! Just learned in this thread the needed skills to work up your relics. I wanted phase and infectious but wow, have to have 3 additional skills for them to work! Not sure how I'm gonna do my Berserker now.
Current template.....
GM Swords, tacs, anat, healing,
80ish resist
Some hiding
60ish magery
And 115 LJ

About half way to lvl 3 Taily[/QUOTE

You do not HAVE to take additional skills. Poisoning give a bonus to infected wounds as it allows more charges per poison pot and the chance at high level poison. Hiding/stealth both add damage to phase shift.

The relic abilities will still increase per level and activate if you do not have these skills though - the additional skills just give bonuses.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
Level 7 berserker with level 5 double and level 10 tread...it's insane te damage you can do with a slayer when ds and tread both proc.

I never thought farming with a dexxer would be fun but damn I was wrong!