Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I'll take the maui wowie and labrador

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • you mean we're smokin' dog shit man?

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

Starnite

Master
With the utmost respect to our soldiers here and overseas, past and present, THIS^^

LSDjay, I wholeheartedly agree that we as a nation have gotten a little too...shall we say focused? on maintaining a country governed by Christian ideals. I was born and raised Catholic (non-practicing now) and I try to raise my son with the same set of ideals in mind, but that's me. One man. I, as only one man, don't expect my country to bend to my will and expectations just as it shouldn't be ran with "Pleasing the Lord" in mind.

Alright now I'm babbling... Starnite, many of the men in my family are vets, as are MANY of my closest friends so please take no disprespect in these words. Having said that, seeing first hand some of the bullshit that goes on regarding civilians and men/woman overseas, you have to admit that this country is broken man. It's become a friggin world-wide joke. Our country has turned in to the Honey BooBoo of the world, with everyone just watching to see what dumb shit we do next :( Just my two cents of course.
I am not saying America is perfect, Lord knows we have our faults. But it is where I live and it is the country that I fought for. I had a lot of good friends (brothers) who died in the name of freedom. I do not agree with some of the other countries nor would I ever put my opinion on here about them. You never know how someone will take it or respond to it. I have nothing against LSDiay personally but when someone attacks America, I get upset quickly.

Dellan

Grandmaster
America has been hit with several attacks over the past 15 years. Not by an armed force, but by terrorist.

Thus best way to defend your country is to invade another country? I can understand it in case of 9/11, but what about Iraq? Government of your otherwise fine country (mind that, I do not in any way talk about normal citizens like you or anybody else, you are but a cog in machine and cannot do anything with that, just like every citizen in every country) has tendencies to fight wars they cannot win. Take Vietnam war, so many deaths, for what? For nothing. Afghanistan? The same. Taliban might have lost their grip, but was never fully eradicated and never will be. Russians tried that in the past with same results (and many more casualties). It's american government's hunger for power that causes this. Playing world policeman, expanding influence since WW2 (which was probably last war that was actually won) and it slowly comes to bite her in ass. I pretty much doubt any islamist would give rat's dick about America if your government just kept to themselves and wouldn't try to dominate the world. Sadly, only people who will suffer from this are people like you, normal citizens who wouldn't care about such shit at all... It scares me to see how easily can people be manipulated into believing they are defending their country, so they can commit atrocities, all in the name of so called self defense.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
Hah, I worked as a dispatcher for a portable x-ray company for a good number of years. 3rd shift sucks.
Like portable as in...in a semi trailer portable?

I'm talking about one of these bad boys:
image_zps8nlxwcc6.jpg

Which is why the drug test upon collision is funny...

Akillah

Grandmaster
Be grateful your machine is probably somewhat new, I'll have to take a picture of the ancient machine I use to xray on everyday.
I'm pretty sure I'll never have kids and if I did, they'd have 3 arms.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
What if You took an x-ray with that machine of a smaller x-ray machine.....
Is it like dividing by 0 and bad things happen?
Well the "x" in X-Ray does stand for the unknown.
Pretty much the world would implode and everything you've come to know and love would cease to exist.

Just know that every morning when you wake up, you can thank an X-Ray technologist for not obliterating reality.

Cack

Grandmaster
W
Well the "x" in X-Ray does stand for the unknown.
Pretty much the world would implode and everything you've come to know and love would cease to exist.

Just know that every morning when you wake up, you can thank an X-Ray technologist for not obliterating reality.
What if You put an x-ray machine in a room lined with lead and programmed it to take ...What 5 x-rays a second(dunno how fast or slow those things work). What would happen.

Mercedies

Grandmaster
W

What if You put an x-ray machine in a room lined with lead and programmed it to take ...What 5 x-rays a second(dunno how fast or slow those things work). What would happen.
All of the rooms ARE lined with lead.
Dum dum duuuuum.

The plot thickens.

And if we want images in rapid succession...we'd use fluoroscopy instead.
It's dynamic.

Starnite

Master
Thus best way to defend your country is to invade another country? I can understand it in case of 9/11, but what about Iraq? Government of your otherwise fine country (mind that, I do not in any way talk about normal citizens like you or anybody else, you are but a cog in machine and cannot do anything with that, just like every citizen in every country) has tendencies to fight wars they cannot win. Take Vietnam war, so many deaths, for what? For nothing. Afghanistan? The same. Taliban might have lost their grip, but was never fully eradicated and never will be. Russians tried that in the past with same results (and many more casualties). It's american government's hunger for power that causes this. Playing world policeman, expanding influence since WW2 (which was probably last war that was actually won) and it slowly comes to bite her in ass. I pretty much doubt any islamist would give rat's dick about America if your government just kept to themselves and wouldn't try to dominate the world. Sadly, only people who will suffer from this are people like you, normal citizens who wouldn't care about such shit at all... It scares me to see how easily can people be manipulated into believing they are defending their country, so they can commit atrocities, all in the name of so called self defense.
I agree with you about our leaders. When I fought, I did not fight for our leaders but for the person beside me. When I say I defend my country, it is my brothers that I am referring to.

I fully agree with you about we should not be the world police. I for one hate that myself.

LSDjay

Grandmaster
With the utmost respect to our soldiers here and overseas, past and present, THIS^^

LSDjay, I wholeheartedly agree that we as a nation have gotten a little too...shall we say focused? on maintaining a country governed by Christian ideals. I was born and raised Catholic (non-practicing now) and I try to raise my son with the same set of ideals in mind, but that's me. One man. I, as only one man, don't expect my country to bend to my will and expectations just as it shouldn't be ran with "Pleasing the Lord" in mind.

Alright now I'm babbling... Starnite, many of the men in my family are vets, as are MANY of my closest friends so please take no disprespect in these words. Having said that, seeing first hand some of the bullshit that goes on regarding civilians and men/woman overseas, you have to admit that this country is broken man. It's become a friggin world-wide joke. Our country has turned in to the Honey BooBoo of the world, with everyone just watching to see what dumb shit we do next :( Just my two cents of course.

Things will change slowly,.
Legalizing weed is a + , its not even Legal in the Netherlands.But the US might wanna invest in Mental healthcare now, weed aint harmless, seen many peoples characters changed because of it, can even trigger psychoses.
Gay-Marriage is a big+ , let them people be who they wanna be right, who gives a shit.

And about the world police and all, sometimes u have to sometimes u dont.
Ive been 2x to former Yugolavia, bosnie and kosovo, interferring there was a school example of good policing :), things were just to crazy there.
Also i can understand Afghanistan a bit, but it didnt bring much good. Its a shit country with idiot people there and it will never be stable.
Iraq was different, weEuro and US had no business there, a school example of why some countrys are better of with dictators.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
Like portable as in...in a semi trailer portable?

I'm talking about one of these bad boys:
image_zps8nlxwcc6.jpg

Which is why the drug test upon collision is funny...

We have a quite a few people ran over by these, nurse carts, and foodcarts each year. They happen to be huge lawsuits even more than medical malpractice for some departments.

Of course a employeer is going to drug test if something like that happens they want to reduce their responsibility. But its side effects are beneficial to the bottom line as well.

Starnite

Master
We have a quite a few people ran over by these, nurse carts, and foodcarts each year. They happen to be huge lawsuits even more than medical malpractice for some departments.

Of course a employeer is going to drug test if something like that happens they want to reduce their responsibility. But its side effects are beneficial to the bottom line as well.
how many do they find on drugs after the drug test ? I also wonder were they are getting the drugs..... are the doctors ordering it for the patient and the staff is taking it instead.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
how many do they find on drugs after the drug test ? I also wonder were they are getting the drugs..... are the doctors ordering it for the patient and the staff is taking it instead.

Some nurses indeed to falsely sign out meds.

They don't find many though but that is expected. Most drugs don't stay at easily detectable levels for very long in healthy people. To save money hospitals don't send the test samples to places that are as strict as federal guidelines. They normally just use internal labs.

Some local hospitals although do pull hair samples upon hiring as hair keeps trace amounts much longer for a lot of illegal substances. It isn't the hospitals that are demanding this be done its insurance companies.

Nurses signing out meds and not giving them is a issue but isn't widespread.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
Anyone else wondering how a they tell the difference between second hand smoke and first hand when testing for nicotine? This doesn't seem like it can be actually enforced.

Cack

Grandmaster
Anyone else wondering how a they tell the difference between second hand smoke and first hand when testing for nicotine? This doesn't seem like it can be actually enforced.
You just won forums, ya insightful bastard