Things that were fun, and made the shard popular and populated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

a magical man

Grandmaster
There are never any good events anymore. What happen with this? They seem to be rare. I personally found that the more eventful a shard is and hands on with staff, the more populated it became and was more fun.

halygon

Grandmaster
As far as I know, all of our normal events have still been occuring. Are there particular examples you have to present? The only thing I can think of is random city invasions or champ spawns. These still occur regularly but at all different times of the day/night.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
As far as I know, all of our normal events have still been occuring. Are there particular examples you have to present? The only thing I can think of is random city invasions or champ spawns. These still occur regularly but at all different times of the day/night.

more pvp tourneys plox-5x,2v2's,7x,etc

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I've only been playing the last couple months - but is content always stifled like this? I was really looking forward to making some slayer spellbooks and actually using my mage.

It usually makes it eventually, but it's incredibly frustrating the way things are announced and then forgotten or put in the back burner.

Messremb

Grandmaster
It usually makes it eventually, but it's incredibly frustrating the way things are announced and then forgotten or put in the back burner.
Its the over promise under deliver that causes a lot if bitching IMO. Adam and eppy do tons of work and release a lot if great stuff, but it is almost always less than was announced.

I miss the old pseudo Sears that would bring random mobs/champs into town for fun. I would also like to see better/more consistent rewards for invasions. They are fun, but are giant grief fests that take hours, and the rewards just are not very good. You can get as much event score from losing 2 duel's.

But I think its been great that staff doesn't have to baby sit things like that anymore. Has resulted in more of those types of events.

I think what people really miss is the unique events we used to get orcish rift, crippled king, Santa, Grinch, and the leprechaun one. Those are a lot of fun, but also a lot of work i'm sure, and someone will always find something to ***** about.

halygon

Grandmaster
I've only been playing the last couple months - but is content always stifled like this? I was really looking forward to making some slayer spellbooks and actually using my mage.
From the staff's perspective, there are a ton of things being worked on. Some things like the performance optimizations that Adam is working on right now will not add new content but improve upon the systems already in place. Things like these are needed prior to new content.

In addition, and it happens a lot, but a topic discussed previously gets tied into something new, which means that the new content will be completed before it is all released.

It suffered the same fate of the 120 inscription ps quest, the booty island dungeon and the other promised stuff that never happened

In particular these ^ topics are all still in the works and have not been forgotten about. Content isn't always something that can be produced in a week or month as the bandwidth for work is limited by the number of developers we have. I know in particular for the Booty Island Dungeon - Shane has been holding off on this to make it a special event.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I am sure there are tons of people that would line up to volunteer as minor event coordinators. I seemed to have missed most of the memorable events that most people reminisce about. Even if they re-hash previous ones I think that is better then nothing in between the big events that the main staff would be creating new artwork for.

I think there was an invasion about 2 weeks ago but before that it was I think a month since the ones they had for Shane's birthday. I don't much care about event scoring stuff if they drop items on the ground or in backpacks during the event. It seems like if there is a score people get too fixated about grinding through as many mobs as they can.

One way to make it pretty automated is to have something like a double RDA spawn but have it all drop in a town, not inside it's own dungeon. It doesn't have to drop relics but maybe a small chance of minor rares or title scrolls. Put it on a 3-4 day timer.

Just from what I have heard it seems that there is a decent stable of Bosses and special attacks and moves that you can mix and match from to make new bosses without having to develop anything new from scratch or create artwork. Re-hueing the ones you've already made and mixing up their abilities can get you a long ways in between introducing any completely new ones.

Desi

Grandmaster
Shane hosted a double champ spawn at the beginning of the month to celebrate his birthday, and Adam held an orc invasion on the 13th if memory serves correctly.

Also some of the regular events held this past week:

Free For All (10/16)
Capture the Flag (10/16)
Capture the Flag (10/17)
Capture the Flag (10/18)
King of the Hill Free For All (10/18)
5x PvP Tournament (10/18)
Capture the Flag (10/18)
Free For All (10/19)
7x (all pots - str) PvP Tournament (10/19)
King of the Hill Free For All (10/19)
Free For All (10/21)

Usually every holiday yields a pretty epic event with the release of unique items (Leprechaun event, last year's Christmas Grinch, etc., come to mind). I know Alan and some of the older seers used to regularly possess creatures in towns and dungeons, but this interaction eventually stopped I believe due to player complaints.

Earendur

Adept
Shane hosted a double champ spawn at the beginning of the month to celebrate his birthday, and Adam held an orc invasion on the 13th if memory serves correctly.

Also some of the regular events held this past week:

Free For All (10/16)
Capture the Flag (10/16)
Capture the Flag (10/17)
Capture the Flag (10/18)
5x PvP Tournament (10/18)
Capture the Flag (10/18)
Free For All (10/19)
7x (all pots - str) PvP Tournament (10/19)
King of the Hill Free For All (10/19)
Free For All (10/21)

Usually every holiday yields a pretty epic event with the release of unique items (Leprechaun event, last year's Christmas Grinch, etc., come to mind). I know Alan and some of the older seers used to regularly possess creatures in towns and dungeons, but this interaction eventually stopped I believe due to player complaints.

Are CTF/FFA/KoTH ran by staff or automated?

Earendur

Adept
From the staff's perspective, there are a ton of things being worked on. Some things like the performance optimizations that Adam is working on right now will not add new content but improve upon the systems already in place. Things like these are needed prior to new content.

In addition, and it happens a lot, but a topic discussed previously gets tied into something new, which means that the new content will be completed before it is all released.

In particular these ^ topics are all still in the works and have not been forgotten about. Content isn't always something that can be produced in a week or month as the bandwidth for work is limited by the number of developers we have. I know in particular for the Booty Island Dungeon - Shane has been holding off on this to make it a special event.

I completely understand things have to be done on the back-end before they see the light of day, but it seems these things are promised before they are even close to being released. Then as more problems arise it gets pushed back further and further.

It seems staff is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either don't say anything and give information right as they are ready and have people get pissed and say the server is stale, or give out ideas they are implementing and have people asking, "where is it?"

Swayze

Grandmaster
I know I made a big thread about this a few months ago but this shard just needs more staff. It's as simple as that. The resources they have are doing a great job, there just isn't enough staff to run these.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
I know I made a big thread about this a few months ago but this shard just needs more staff. It's as simple as that. The resources they have are doing a great job, there just isn't enough staff to run these.

You will always be right because of how handsome Swayze really is. God damn you.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'd like an event where we all get to hunt down and kill the people who complain there's not enough events.
We did talk about an event where staff possess some cool mobs and chased down players while players would need to mob together to take down the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.