Titans

Yagyu

Adept
Lots of people don't play with big groups and do champs. That shouldn't be the only way to make decent coin. Shouldn't nerf the solo game style.
Ya, considering the champ system here is is basically broken. The only way to do it is with like a solid guild group or just come in at the end and kill people. It is a joke that people join server, build up chars, then finally get to do a few champs...see how lame it is, and then they go back to WoW or Rift or whatever. I have seen this happen time and time again. When the server does events are the only time most of these people do champs. Champs are not fun, and not worth the effort here. Once in a while is fine, but this is UO...it is too much trouble to do the champ spawns. What is needed is instanced champ spawns so if you have say 10 people you get your own champ and kill it. Want the game to be fun and attract many more people, do that...hell, in eq2 we killed all the contested and all the casual guilds use to ***** so what they did was made an arena where you could fight one but the rare, contested loot is much less. I would suggest something like this, something with RDA style champ spawn that a guild could enter and then try and finish. I would say the loot would be less, maybe a PS or 2 but not rares and all the stuff they are adding. I think until they do this or something similar, 90% or whatever of the server isnt going to do champs. I can see why, although just sticking at the champ getting a ton of damage then hiding when POWER or whoever comes is easy enough way to get scrolls. But thats not fun, and I think its cool how they are contested and it is fun PvPing and fighting for the champ. But it is hard to find active people here that log on consistently and literally 99% of the time a champ is run someone ends up coming and ganking it.

Really though champs are super fun, but most people here dont even do a champ spawn a week and have no interest whatsoever in them after doing 1 or 2. I am not a casual player, but most people are. Casual players are what keeps the server going. Yet everything caters to the non-casual hardcore people that are likely not going to leave anyway. I think the server was much better a few months ago, some changes were good but moreso the majority of them took away from the game. Lowering loot, and ruining skill scrolls + pets/taming is just a start. They say ss rate is the same, yet I use to get 5-10 an hour clearing terras in swamp or ogre lords...now I havent seen one from either since the change. The few I have gotten were all reds, or hiding (uhhh is that a joke?) Hide goes up so fast you dont even have to macro it...same broken spelll set...half of the level 8 spells are the same useless elemental spell...still can go to brit and sell 50 sewing kits and not get a BoD...I PvPd for like 6 months or more when I first came to the server and it just gets boring. My red never died, my partner got banned for NOTHING...and all pvp here is ganking, running, and when you kill someone they come back 2 in seconds with next toon...it gets really tedious. And tourneys and non-field pvp never did much for me. I still like to hunt reds, or go out on my red...but it is so quiet lately I never see anyone. Guess they are all sitting at bank=\

Id really like to see champions fixed/improved, BoD system changed, new spells added, and loot/skill scrolls fixed. It will be a nice start to improve the paragon chests though. I have been trying to buy a dragon, but havent seen any for sale...and I keep hearing that it is a full time job for 6 months to train them, and taming ss are not existent getting to 120 now is wayy too much trouble.

Most of the players I see that have been here for a while only play tamers. Do you think any new player is gonna want to make a tamer when they see its basically impossible to get to 120 without dedicating 6 months of your life or spending a huge amount gold. I dont even know what to say when I explain that to new players and they are like, wait what? So taming use to be OPd, easy to raise, cheap to raise...and now they nerfed pets, nerfed taming ss drop, and made the biggest addition they have added yet something ONLY for tamers?

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Dude all you do is QQ. I got a taming ss last night off a typical ss dropping mob and a 115 taming for 380k this morning. You're making it like it's the hardest thing in the world and it's really not. If you put half the energy into actually playing that you do into writing posts that are too long for anyone to care to read you might get somewhere in the game.

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

amonseti

Grandmaster
Thanks to this thread it appears they have gone and nerfed the shit out of titans .. normally out of 2hrs' of titan runs I would end up with at least 8 ss and 1 paragon chest (albeit paragon chest sometimes comes from residual spawn ie ettens, cyclopes etc) yesterday in 4 hours i received just 1 ss and no paragon chests (not for lack of trying i must have encountered and dispatched at least 25 or more paragons) , I did end up losing 2 nice sets of armor and bows / gear to pk's . If that continues then pvm is no longer worth it and pk'ing is not my style so yeah burn out may set in. So yeah looks like Loot tables have be nerfed big time but paragon creature spawn increased .. yay we got exactly the opposite of what we were asking for .. nice one ....

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Lol my poor baby titans [emoji30] I farm my nuts off on these things, there goes my income haha XD

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
I casually farmed them last night and got a lock picking, stealing, peacemaking and magic as off them in under 3 hours...

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Nanashi

Grandmaster
Trammel forver! Jk I think we all need to expand our farming areas from titans to lets say the 10 other dungeons out there! Jut saying. If you want to try something else than do champs, idocs,portals, the list goes on. Make a crafter for gold, farm wood and make bows, make armor, make slayer weapons, make bods, make a fisherman 115 and do whirlpoolz, go raid ships and sink em to sell back, do what bunky does and grow plants, titans are not the only answer here. Just be more creative and well...less plain?

As far as the champ issue goes..well lets say I have been playing for a bit and the first few champs I've done where very difficult. But not so impossible once you understand it. Solo or not, with a group of people you do get a fair shot. I've learned to just do research on certain builds, test a few to which one is just like my play style and get better. Just like everyone else, as long as you keep trying eventually you will get it. So make some friends and join a guild. The game isn't made to go solo if your a pvmer, whether you fully believe that or not. I consider champs an end game feature that allows veteran players to mediocre a chance to have a bit of a challange. What more can you ask? A ton of mobs, tons of pks, tons of people going grey, but most of all, you build a network of people playing as a TEAM. I don't see what the fuss is about? Maybe you hate it cause your constantly dieing but instead of getting back at them reds by jumping on your mage with other friends, I see this post about how broken it is.

Yes, this is my first shard and yes my first uo experience but lets be honest, how many of you out there that played this game for years say its difficult? I for one don't see a decrease in the number of people doing them. So there must be something right when we all end up selling power scrolls to the point where we just don't want to farm. All of the action you can find right there in champs.

#GoBigOrGoHome#growsomeballs#quit beingtrammel or whatever slang used to criticize people who only farm...

Last edited by a moderator:

VisuallyAsute

Journeyman
I've killed around 20 paragons and 100 Liches this week, and a few Titans. No chests, no SS. Exceptionally 'unlucky' bordering the ridiculous.

As for the nerf issues it's clear, either be a Mage,/Tamer or don't bother creating a character. It tends to be only the hardcore/vets/elitist all of whom already have these characters, that insist there is no 'issue'

Oh the irony.

thestand

Grandmaster
I've killed around 20 paragons and 100 Liches this week, and a few Titans. No chests, no SS. Exceptionally 'unlucky' bordering the ridiculous.

As for the nerf issues it's clear, either be a Mage,/Tamer or don't bother creating a character. It tends to be only the hardcore/vets/elitist all of whom already have these characters, that insist there is no 'issue'

Oh the irony.

I've killed 5 liches got a magery ss. Maybe 10 titans got 3 ss. 5 paragons got a chest from one.