Tone down Energy Vortexes (EVS)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Why should everyone HAVE TO have at least 20 magery?
Why should everyone HAVE TO have more than 25 int in case they have to dispel more than one EV?
Why should people HAVE TO have someone in their group to dispel? What about solo players?

Nobody has to do any of those things, if you don't like EV's and you see one you can just leave. It's not like they move at mount speed. ;)

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I honestly can't tell if you kids are just trolling or what. Good on you if you are because it is working.

For the record, Bromista is trolling. I'm debating. Smokey is debating now too, but his points are weak, he keeps pretending it's players responsibility to debunk each suggestion or else they should all just be implemented automatically (lewl)

respect to smokey for at least trying, instead of just throwing down stale bangers from three years ago that even then were considered generic and boring.

agauo

Master
Nobody is saying that you sync pvp, however many of the bigger supporters are, like Aga, jani and shake for example. Newbie factioners here on UOF.

I think this quote speaks for itself to anyone even halfway decent.

Like I've said, it's up to the thread poster to explain why they aren't balanced if he want's age old mechanics changed, not vice versa. That's how it works.

I have explained in great detail many times now why I believe they are not balanced. Please read through and try to comprehend what I have wrote. If you are unable to understand maybe one of your family members/friends can read through it and dumb some things down for you.

These arent "age old" mechanics and I have given examples of why. Poison on hit was removed after T2A. Also AT NO POINT in time did EVs go as fast as they do here. They also used to attack anyone, but you like to ignore all these facts. The only way you can claim this is "age old" is if you mean from the start of UOF 2 years ago.

Guy just wants to benefit from the best rewards in the game (idocs) without any risk.

I don't know where you got this from. I don't even idoc, but if I did I could see where EVs would be just as annoying as when they are cast in a dungeon, outside of town, at champ spawns, at brit bridge, in the woods, outside of houses, etc.

For the record, Bromista is trolling. I'm debating.

I almost wish you were trolling as it would make much more sense and wouldn't make you look like such a baddie.
It's bad when a trammy like this Smokey guy has better PVP insights than a lot of the shard.

girana

Grandmaster
Why should everyone HAVE TO have at least 20 magery?
Why should everyone HAVE TO have more than 25 int in case they have to dispel more than one EV?
Why should people HAVE TO have someone in their group to dispel? What about solo players?

nobody have to have at least 20 magery every template have strengh and weakness

think again about the 25int

nobody need someone in their group to dispel also nobody need anyone to heal, to stun, to sync nobody need that but if they have it makes them stronger lol

girana

Grandmaster
I almost wish you were trolling as it would make much more sense and wouldn't make you look like such a baddie.
It's bad when a trammy like this Smokey guy has better PVP insights than a lot of the shard.

this shard is NOT and will NEVER PvP Heavy. PvP is only a very small part of this Server but ppl like you will never understand that UO is a Sandboxgame with like 1000 ways to play it and have fun.

K A Z

Grandmaster
this shard is NOT and will NEVER PvP Heavy. PvP is only a very small part of this Server but ppl like you will never understand that UO is a Sandboxgame with like 1000 ways to play it and have fun.

1. UOF started off as pretty much a PVP Shard, noobies like you ruined it

2. Even if it's not as "PVP Shard" (what a weird name you give this UO Shard, just to then point out that we're playing a Sandbox.. Doesn't that imply that there are no specific Shards at all?) it should never be pets/summons vs. Players or GTFO. EVs are ********, tone down PVP, primarily kill noobs who don't have dispel on a hotkey (ruins their PVP experiences for them, encourages them to keep on trying), and definitely don't work good on UOF.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Poor girana.

Poor strandedness.

School is in session.

I can't even address the specific ignorance of their commentary. I just can't...

agauo

Master

Slowing an energy vortex down by half speed as I suggested would change absolutely nothing PvM wise. They would still be just as effective as they were before. The only thing this would do is balance them so that they do not make PvP a ******** experience of who can cast the most EVs/who is the designated dispeller.

I really hope staff takes a look at this as the only people against these changes are trolls or have no sense of balance at all. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that EVs in their current state have way too much going on for them.

Shini

Master
Slowing an energy vortex down by half speed as I suggested would change absolutely nothing PvM wise. They would still be just as effective as they were before. The only thing this would do is balance them so that they do not make PvP a ******** experience of who can cast the most EVs/who is the designated dispeller.

I really hope staff takes a look at this as the only people against these changes are trolls or have no sense of balance at all. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that EVs in their current state have way too much going on for them.

I will be the dispeller.

Ya i can do it.

agauo

Master
Don't worry the EVs will take care of that.

SpanishSpotlessJerboa.gif

wreckognize

Grandmaster
EV's are a special mob type really, since they are attacking with pure energy, they do the same damage regardless of armor. No other mob type is so privileged. Now that armor is working properly after 75% server life, EV's seem a lot more badass when compared to other mob types.

Their speed, however, has remained a constant since the dawn of UO. I believe they are designed this way to combat players who are un-mounted. In terms of game balance, EV's are excellent for use against stealthers. Stealthers have a big advantage, which is of course Surprise. We all know how powerful that can be. EV's movement speed is borderline required to be able to get to the stealther before he can jet around a corner and re-hide, which is very easy here.

That all said, slowing EV's down on a mounted shard is not the brilliant idea some of you think it is.

Mayhaps it could be these giant teary eyed threads that make ol' Richard Gariott such a fan of current UOF. I'm sure he loves watching all the children die on the live stream ;)

literally guarantee it

agauo

Master
Where do you get your information that EVs have always been this fast?.... I've stated multiple times that as far as I can recall EVs have never been this fast. Multiple other people agree with me. Anyone I played with does not remember them going near as fast. They are definitely not this fast on any other free UO shard and I am certain people would be bitching/complaining if things weren't era accurate. I looked at videos of energy vortexes on OSI shards posted on Youtube and could not find a single one where they were going at the speed they do here. Please show me one instance where energy vortexes move even close to the speed they do here. "Dawn of UO" my ass. "Dawn of UOForever" maybe.

If your argument is really that they are strong against stealthers maybe stealth needs to be looked into as that too here is kind of dumb.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
If your argument is really that they are strong against stealthers maybe stealth needs to be looked into as that too here is kind of dumb.
ymL2dU3.jpg

Getting tired of seeing ''such and such'' should be looked into because it's ''dumb'' arguments.

halygon

Grandmaster
Other than the stealther argument, does anyone else feel that EVs are working well as they are? If so, what reasons do you have to support your argument?

I am just trying to get a feel for all sides here. I think @agauo 's side is fairly clear.

poogoblin

Master
Where do you get your information that EVs have always been this fast?.... I've stated multiple times that as far as I can recall EVs have never been this fast. Multiple other people agree with me. Anyone I played with does not remember them going near as fast. They are definitely not this fast on any other free UO shard and I am certain people would be bitching/complaining if things weren't era accurate. I looked at videos of energy vortexes on OSI shards posted on Youtube and could not find a single one where they were going at the speed they do here. Please show me one instance where energy vortexes move even close to the speed they do here. "Dawn of UO" my ass. "Dawn of UOForever" maybe.

Evs are actually faster (or were for a long stretch of time) on the T2A shard. They would run at full mount speed, here they seem just fine to me. This shard by no means has the fastest EVs or even the second fastest.