Trammel

Furync

Grandmaster
Before anyone starts to kick and scream, hear me out.

My suggestion would be to implement a trammel ruleset to a dungeon and switch it out every month, just like a MOTM.

It would be a great way to attrack new players who don't want to get pk'd. It would solve part of the "I dont want to do this champ cause we'll get raided" issue. It would just plain work. PVP would still happen with factions, guild wars etc...

The only issue I can think of is the macroers, so remove the dungeon skill gain bonus for the dungeon in trammel rotation. Or dont, really, I dont care.

Ok everyone, 3-2-1-scream/rage now!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Volco

Master
I wouldn't mind having a 'newbie' dungeon that anyone can get into, that is tram. Maybe just some basic non-motm spawns.
That way a new player can get the hang of PVM while making small amounts of cash, but an experienced player would simply be wasting his time if he tried farming

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i really hate dieing....like really....

but noooooooo. if new people want to hunt then (as i suggested before), they should amp up the newbie dungeon to have more of a variety. but should NEVER trammelize(is this even a word? lol) any regular dungeon.

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
Dispite hating trammel, i could see a certain attraction to such a concept for a certain playerbase. I would prefer the dungeon selection being based on monthly community efforts.

drasked

Grandmaster
Before anyone starts to kick and scream, hear me out.

My suggestion would be to implement a trammel ruleset to a dungeon and switch it out every month, just like a MOTM.

It would be a great way to attrack new players who don't want to get pk'd. It would solve part of the "I dont want to do this champ cause we'll get raided" issue. It would just plain work. PVP would still happen with factions, guild wars etc...

The only issue I can think of is the macroers, so remove the dungeon skill gain bonus for the dungeon in trammel rotation. Or dont, really, I dont care.

Ok everyone, 3-2-1-scream/rage now!

Sure, but considering you are removing a majority of the risk you should also remove a majority of the reward.

How about you get only 10% of what you would normally get.

unless you make drops 90% less than what they are per mob than i will be 1000% against this. and those champs should ONLY be able to drop a 105 max... risk vs reward

i enjoy dying when i have been outplayed/smarted..... this would just get trammies rich... because they would only farm during those times ( Like i know some do with the invasion ) those who take zero risk deserve zero reward...

Furync

Grandmaster
I love all the comments!!!! Yes even you Sosarianlegend!!

I know I sound like a tramellite and I'm not afraid to say it.

What if this was soooo popular that you'd have a hard time getting to a mob because everything is camped? You would likely go to another dungeon, right?

What if you had 50 people doing the champ instead of 3-4? Your odds at getting anything are minuscule.

This wouldn't make anyone richer, if that's what you're all afraid of. I'm trying to see the big picture here, which is ultimately attract and retain more players.

So a few people would camp these 24/7, so what?

Love hearing all the comments keep em coming!! :)

drasked

Grandmaster
I love all the comments!!!! Yes even you Sosarianlegend!!

I know I sound like a tramellite and I'm not afraid to say it.

What if this was soooo popular that you'd have a hard time getting to a mob because everything is camped? You would likely go to another dungeon, right?

What if you had 50 people doing the champ instead of 3-4? Your odds at getting anything are minuscule.

This wouldn't make anyone richer, if that's what you're all afraid of. I'm trying to see the big picture here, which is ultimately attract and retain more players.

So a few people would camp these 24/7, so what?

Love hearing all the comments keep em coming!! :)

If it's about having undisturbed fun killing AI controlled monsters then i see no problem with lowering the reward to 10% of what it normally is or even completely remove any form of reward.

If it's about making it easier to acquire wealth I'm extremely against it.

Furync

Grandmaster
If it's about having undisturbed fun killing AI controlled monsters then i see no problem with lowering the reward to 10% of what it normally is or even completely remove any form of reward.

If it's about making it easier to acquire wealth I'm extremely against it.
You're missing the point here drasked, no offence. Imagine Deceit level5 being trammel, stop there for a second and imagine what it would look like.

Did you picture it in your mind?

In my mind, I'm seeing so many people farming it, you would have a hard time finding a lich to kill. The gold per hour would horrible. Experienced players would be elsewhere.

It's either that or I'm completely crazy, which is still a possibility...

But do you see the point I'm trying to make?

As is, the champs happen anyways, the relics drop anyways, people farm dungeons anyways. How would this change anything? The relic goes to the farmer instead of the pk? Big deal? Its one dungeon out of how many?

Experience

Grandmaster
I played a server that did something similar to this. And it was honestly a huge flop. Most people wouldn't use it for anything but "mostly afk" hunting

drasked

Grandmaster
You're missing the point here drasked, no offence. Imagine Deceit level5 being trammel, stop there for a second and imagine what it would look like.

Did you picture it in your mind?

In my mind, I'm seeing so many people farming it, you would have a hard time finding a lich to kill. The gold per hour would horrible. Experienced players would be elsewhere.

It's either that or I'm completely crazy, which is still a possibility...

But do you see the point I'm trying to make?

As is, the champs happen anyways, the relics drop anyways, people farm dungeons anyways. How would this change anything? The relic goes to the farmer instead of the pk? Big deal? Its one dungeon out of how many?

It's not about between how many people the reward is being split.

A 120 taming entering the economy is a 120 taming entering the economy, if 5 people did the champ or 100.

"I dont want to do this champ cause we'll get raided" <--- this is keeping inflation at bay and makes the game interesting. People being IRL afraid to play a game is extremely rare in 2017 and we should cherish it as much as we can.

The "no man left behind" mentality in gaming has done too much damage to the point where i have to play a mmo from 20 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
It's not about between how many people the reward is being split.

A 120 taming entering the economy is a 120 taming entering the economy, if 5 people did the champ or 100.

"I dont want to do this champ cause we'll get raided" <--- this is keeping inflation at bay and makes the game interesting. People being IRL afraid to play a game is extremely rare in 2017 and we should cherish it as much as we can.

The "no man left behind" mentality in gaming has done too much damage to the point where i have to play a mmo from 20 years ago.
well put...hell, sometimes i go scout a dungeon before farming just so i dont die lol

shenron

Journeyman
One of the reasons why I love UO is because the risk vs reward sensation that it gives you. Each time you die, you think to yourself, what could I have done different to maybe survive? And you learn from your mistakes. This mechanic is also an indirect way to make the player explore the world and come up with different solutions to a problem, such as finding another dungeon or farming at a certain time. I feel that UOF already gives people a Young status and Newbie Dungeon, for people to get their feet wet with the game mechanics.

We should just embrace the fact that we "raiding" and thank that we have that much activity to this very old game. The more we diminish that, the more counter productive it will be. A solution to the "raiding" is simply pick a side of powerful guilds that contest raiding.

Or come out with strategies to do these champ spawns safely and get rewarded.

Furync

Grandmaster
I read all of your comments and I really understand them. I hear you when you say we have to find a solution, fight back, get a bigger guild etc... its what makes uo, uo.

What makes me want some form of trammel is the fact there are waayyyyyy more pk's in UOF than there ever was "back in the day".

Now we have a bunch of guys like Bobby123 (no offence) who comes in and tries to kill you, dies on one account but has 2 more just a recall away to come finish the job. Unless anyone is as commited to the game as some of these pk's are, we're not going to win.

In other words, trammel, for me, would be a simple means of protection against this type of gameplay.

Heck I'd be fine with even like a hour of "trammel" after killing a dungeon boss or whatever. Just to have that moment of peace and serenety where you can take the dust off that valorite katana or whatever shinies you have.

Steezie E

Master
Sounds like you are more upset with multi-client than Felucca. I agree it ruins the spirit of the game, but I don't feel like a Trammel facet is the answer.