Treasure Maps

Discussion in 'New Player Questions' started by dr manhattan, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dr manhattan

dr manhattan Newbie

I'm at the area the treasure map is pointing to, although all I get is a "You can't mine here" message. Any tips on how to determine the exact tile the map is pointing to and how to dig it up?

2. para

para Casual

If you get the message "You can't mine here", probably you are using the shovel to dig it up. To dig up the t-chest, you click on the t-map and select "dig up ..." from the menu then target the ground (some instructions say double-click the shovel then target the t-map, but I get used to the t-map menu for flexible targeting).

You will get one of the following messages:

1. "You stop digging because something is directly on top of the treasure chest"
    Self-explained. Move 1 tile away and try again. The chest will be dig up.

2. "You dig and dig, but no treasure seems to be here".
    You are close to it. If you get this message, probably the marked t-rune is not very accurate. If you believe that t-rune, try dig the area around the rune location you may find the chest.
    In case you fail to do so and lazy to locate another rune from other rune library, do the following.
    a) try dig up along the east (and west) until you get the message (3). Mark those points.
    b) find the mid-point from (a). The chest will be along the line (south to north) cutting through the mid-point.
    c) try dig up along the south (and north) until you get the message (3). Mark that points.
    d) the chest will be at the mid-point.

Note:
    - I use this technique to locate the chest without using the rune library and with zero mining skill.
    - Pretty much for fun. For quick digging, better to use a good rune library.
    - the range maybe 15 tiles. I cannot remember. If you count the exact range, you can do one side only (east and south) without do the other side.

3. "You dig and dig, but do not find any treasure"
    - it is not there. you can go next screen to search.

3. dr manhattan

dr manhattan Newbie

I was able to dig up the chest and kill the spawn. When I selected to remove the chest, it "crumbled" and I didn't get anything. Do you have to pick the lock and loot the chest before removing it?

4. para

para Casual

1. You need carto to decode the map (you've done it)
    2. You need carto to dig up the chest (you've done it)
    3. You need to clear 4 monsters spawned around the chest (you've done it)
    4. You need lockpick to open up the locked chest (bring the lockpick, double click the lockpick then target the chest)
    5. You need to remove the trap by
    a) remove trap skill,
    b) double click the chest to open it directly,
    c) use telekinesis spell on the chest.
    Note:
    (a) is a waste of skill,
    (b) only work for low level chest say (level 1-3). You may not survive from the trap of the high level chest.
    (c) cast the telekinesis spell and run a few tile away from the chest and target the chest. Unless you have no reagent and mana, always use this method on high level chest.
    6. Loot, loot and loot
    7. Once you are happy with the loot, remove the chest (by chest menu).

5. Malrex

Malrex Veteran

Aye, what Para said. When you loot from the chest (you can't remove it from the ground and put it in your pack...have to empty it first, then destroy it) more mobs will come out.....which is even more loot.