"Video of the Month"

Serj

Master
Shane had a PVP video contest. It got quite a bit of entries and such. One video even has 15k views on YouTube.
I recently made a video of CTF gameplay and had an idea.. since the first contest got such good entries why not make it a contest that happens more often like once a month. Only it doesn't have to be pvp this time. It can be whatever you want it to be about.. RP, PVP, PVM, Crafting, Pking, Stealing, House decorating, anything. Or maybe a set topic every month.
The only requirement I could think of was a set time length.. no less than let's say 4-5 minutes or so.
Winner could be chosen by a community poll (come on @Deadpool I mentioned polls give me a thumbs up) or gms could choose. I'd say the amount of views but then it could just go down to whoever links the most people their video or something.
Prizes wouldn't need to be anything too crazy really I don't really have any ideas if prizes were given at all whatever the gms think would be good would be fine. Just something to drive people to actually participate.

I think it's a decent idea.. It'd be cool to get your input @Shane

If this has already been brought up at some point and I missed it my bad.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Shane had a PVP video contest. It got quite a bit of entries and such. One video even has 15k views on YouTube.
I recently made a video of CTF gameplay and had an idea.. since the first contest got such good entries why not make it a contest that happens more often like once a month. Only it doesn't have to be pvp this time. It can be whatever you want it to be about.. RP, PVP, PVM, Crafting, Pking, Stealing, House decorating, anything. Or maybe a set topic every month.
The only requirement I could think of was a set time length.. no less than let's say 4-5 minutes or so.
Winner could be chosen by a community poll (come on @Deadpool I mentioned polls give me a thumbs up) or gms could choose. I'd say the amount of views but then it could just go down to whoever links the most people their video or something.
Prizes wouldn't need to be anything too crazy really I don't really have any ideas if prizes were given at all whatever the gms think would be good would be fine. Just something to drive people to actually participate.

I think it's a decent idea.. It'd be cool to get your input @Shane

If this has already been brought up at some point and I missed it my bad.

Really good idea that would be interesting to see. I don't think it would be that hard to put together some more 'nostalgic' video offerings than hardcore pvpers on sallos, and that would really suck in people who are ultimate fans.

Imagine a pvp video from the perspective of the solo farmer, escapes, deaths, bit of pve, etc.

+1

Serj

Master
Really good idea that would be interesting to see. I don't think it would be that hard to put together some more 'nostalgic' video offerings than hardcore pvpers on sallos, and that would really suck in people who are ultimate fans.

Imagine a pvp video from the perspective of the solo farmer, escapes, deaths, bit of pve, etc.

+1

I just want a fattson crafter video

thestand

Grandmaster
You don't need staff to make this happen. Get a couple wealthy players to donate some prize money/items for first and second place then start a thread and hope more then two people post a video.