War axes don't have stamina drain.

Dugar

Neophyte
I'm guessing this is a bug. It's not era accurate, and I can't think of any reason why war axes would be nerfed, since they aren't poisonable and have worse DPS than the best fencing and sword one handers.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
So, on UOF, there isn't stamina drain. Not from maces, not from running. You're as likely (if not more likely) to lose stamina from an energy bolt as a war hammer.

Dugar

Neophyte
So, on UOF, there isn't stamina drain. Not from maces, not from running. You're as likely (if not more likely) to lose stamina from an energy bolt as a war hammer.

I'm going to quote myself from a different thread.

Most maces do, do additional stamina damage, but any weapon will lower someone's stamina if their health becomes low enough.

All tests were against my other character when he has full health and full stamina.
  • A war axe hit did 13 damage and 0 stamina loss.
  • A club hit did 5 damage and 3 stamina loss.
  • A short spear hit did 13 damage and 0 stamina loss.
  • A quarter stave hit did 11 damage and 5 stamina loss.

E-bolts also do stamina damage, but short spears/hallys/whatever don't start removing stamina until the target has less than around a fourth of life.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
There is burst damage stamina drain, and that's about it. Higher damage = more stamina drain, generally speaking. This is irrelevant of the damage type, though. How the damage is calculated is a mystery, much like melee damage on this server in general.

Dugar

Neophyte
There is burst damage stamina drain, and that's about it. Higher damage = more stamina drain, generally speaking. This is irrelevant of the damage type, though. How the damage is calculated is a mystery, much like melee damage on this server in general.

Did you look at the data I posted? A short spear did 13 damage with 0 stamina loss. A club did 5 damage with 3 stamina loss. You can take someone's health to 25% with a short spear before they start losing stamina.

Test it yourself. Macing weapons do deal consistent stamina damage except for the war axe.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Unless it's been changed recently, my data is going on 1 year of experience. I've taken more stam loss from a Corp Por than a war hammer. To a UOR-era macer, that's not "stamina drain" on maces.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
thanks for making a video
do all maces work this way or...
your testing is appreciated I wish more players put in. but still more data would be nice

Dugar

Neophyte
thanks for making a video
do all maces work this way or...
I've only tested the war axe, quarter stave, war hammer, and club (because the rest of the macing weapons are never worth using). They all cause stamina damage except for the war axe.

Last edited by a moderator: