Was Olivier trying to rip me off? PC these scrolls please.

Lobber

Adept
  1. 105 blacksmith - 50k
  2. 110 blacksmith - 200k
  3. 115 blacksmith - 350k
  4. 105 tailoring - 30k
  5. 110 carpentry - 100k
  6. 115 carpentry
Adding values as I go.

Lets say the 115 carp is 170k. That takes us to a total value of these scrolls to ... 900k.
Suppose the 105 is worth abit more, say, 50k more. Then the total value is 950k.
Lets say we pay what Olivier says the 115 BS goes for, so we add another 100k for a total of... 1,050,000 gold in value.
This is 225,000 less than what he said those scrolls were worth.
That's about 21% OVER PRICED. Now if he were to say, throw ion a 110 and a 115 tailoring, then, it would have been worth his quoted bid.

So the answer to my topic question is, yes. He was ripping me off.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I don't see why you are making such a big deal about it - the prices of scrolls change often and I doubt he was intentionally trying to "rip you off" on purpose.

Oliver should report Lobber for defamation! lolzzz

Olivier

Master
Oliver should report Lobber for defamation! lolzzz

In all honesty I probably should :)

But then again after reading this and other posts made by him I doubt that anyone cares neither takes him seriously.

The bid I made him (both of them) were most likely the best bids he'll receive either way, so I really can't see his logic through all this.

Lobber

Adept
Point to evidence of defamation, or keep silent.

These plants are worth a minimum of one million gold. Olivier himself stated such. He withdrew his bid because his feelings got hurt. That does not devalue the plants in any way. it simply means he won't be buying them.

Olivier

Master
Haha, trust me my feelings didn't get hurt, I just decided not to deal with someone who honestly believed that I was scamming and stole items from U-Haul just because some random moron said so in a PM.

The fact remains that you've made three totally pointless threads where you mention this trade in one way or another, whilst you could easily rejected the bid from the start yourself.

You should really make a price check on those flowers, cause as far as I'm aware I'm the only one that ever paid that amount for them.

I just find it hilarious that a guy who was saying that he had ambitions in helping the community going forward creates these threads and on top of it all, expects donation coins or gold in return for his "hard work".

Lobber

Adept
I withdrew my bid in private. You on the other hand, made the big deal out of it.
I've been told your characters have been sighted wearing the stolen items from U-Haul.
I believe you are the "Lance Armstrong" of UOF. You continuously deny the charges. But the truth will come out sooner or later.
Meanwhile, you win all the 'cycling championships of selling power scrolls, for now.

Growing plants is hard work. In fact, it is one of the hardest work to do for the least gain monetarily.
You have to first acquire the seeds, put them in dirt filled halfway moistened bowls, and lock them down in your house.
But that's not all! You also have to check them every single day, add water, or potions as needed, and care for them for weeks before they mature! And after all is said and done, you get only a small amount of coin for most plants. Only a few are prized and sell for more than a few thousand gold. And to get the rarest colors, you have to crossbreed literally hundreds of the same plants just to get a chance at a mutation white or black. Most people can farm for gold much faster with tamers, provoers, doing evil mages and getting taming scrolls, or crystal cave, or even IDOC'ers. Plant farming is slow steady work. Don't tell me it isn't "hard work." You don't know what you're talking about.

Lobber

Adept
The fact remains that you've made three totally pointless threads where you mention this trade in one way or another, whilst you could easily rejected the bid from the start yourself.
What is the third thread? I know of the original thread posting the plant auction, and the price check thread. What third thread?