What I believe is a sensible and impactful approach to champ reward changes

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Let me start by saying that I believe that PVP is an integral part of large-scale UO PVE (i.e. champs, invasions, & boss mobs). I also believe that a guaranteed chance of reward for sustained participation only facilitates and encourages that PVP.

What I am suggesting is that Relics and Champ Rares*, if dropped, will drop to a player’s bank box instead of their backpack (yes, I know this has been suggested, keep reading). The percent chance to receive these items should be based on your overall score and should be awarded even if dead or away from the spawn when the champ falls. Score would need to decay if you have not generated points, or are away from the spawn, for a given period of time.

At the same time I think that Powerscroll distribution should remain unchanged allowing last minute PVP and/or control of the champ at the end to have its benefit too.

I believe that these changes will:
  • Encourage sustained PVP throughout a champ to maximize your chance at relics/rares.
  • Minimize, but not eliminate, the benefit of last minute zerg rushes.
  • Embolden players who are “cretin that they will just be PKd” to actually go out and participate.
  • Increasing the number of champs at which you can certainly PK them.
  • Incentivize players to start champs and remain active throughout in order to achieve a high score.
  • Penalize those players who recall out or give up immediately after PVP starts.
and hopefully....
  • Cater to both styles of play so that everyone has fun doing what they like to do on UOForever (even if you’re opinion is “the right opinion” and everyone else is just an #affected trammie noob who needs to realize that PVP is all that matters… or a zerg pvp asshole who has no life and lives in his parent’s basement…).

*Loot tables may need to be built out to support this change.

Discuss and flame away.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
No one gives a fuck about PS's as 90% of the time theyre garbage... relics are the only thing people care about.

Champ spawns arent about a solo PVMer... theyre end-game PVM content that is designed for large guilds to fight over.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
No one gives a fuck about PS's as 90% of the time theyre garbage... relics are the only thing people care about.

I agree with you on this point insofar as the expected value of a relic drop far surpasses that of the powerscrolls, even if you were to get them all. Even though one could argue that this is offset by the fact that powerscrolls are a guaranteed drop and relics are only a small chance.

Perhaps instead there should exist an independent loot table (similar to the faction scroll) that functions as I've suggested and awards one of the powerscrolls with a small chance of a rare/relic.

God.RG

Grandmaster
no.
go play a tram server if you want that shit, or do the hythloth/destard bosses. PS and relics straight to your bank.

K A Z

Grandmaster
relics are worth up to what? 10 mill, 12 mill? they shouldnt be placed into your bankbox.. wheres the risk in that ? UO is not fucking WoW - defend your stuff.