What Weapon Would You Bless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Nah, just pointing out your BS. Anyways, let's not derail this any further and hope the winner enjoys his blessed weapon!
*Quick jab* "Okay, we're done, no more derailing!" lol Whatever. That was from his mouth, anyway, not mine. Guy just dropped over 100 million in the last three weeks. I was saying what I was saying (what you consider bullshit) because that's his mentality right now, and he's still getting people who think he should sell it.

steve-o

Grandmaster
Pretty sure @Dewderonomy is just exagerating and talking out of his ass, but he got the point across. The OP is probably rich enough not to care about 100m (for example i don't make anywhere near 100m a month but i'm rich enough to the point where i would NOT sell an IBD for 100m if i won one)

100 mils... how can u make that much?

i mean 100 mils CASH not 100 mils in trades.... fuck 100mil is a LOT of money...

lollo

Grandmaster
Yeah i can never save that much, every time i get over 10-15m i buy something stupidly expensive and go down to 2-3m again...the most i ever had in pure gold was 35m and i spent them in 1 week lol

I should really sell some stuff but I like to collect everything.

100m a month seems like a lot tho, i once dropped 120 taming, 2 bloody and 1 QS in 3 weeks (and in EQMS you get to keep what you drop so i didn't have to give cuts to anyone) and still it was nowhere close to 100m. then again i don't play more than a couple hours a week, but still....

girana

Grandmaster
well back to topic

just try yourself for a week or two Fencer or Macer or Lumberjacker changing weaponskills is pretty easy, cheap and fast and the best way to find the weapon that fits you most.

lollo

Grandmaster
well back to topic

just try yourself for a week or two Fencer or Macer or Lumberjacker changing weaponskills is pretty easy, cheap and fast and the best way to find the weapon that fits you most.

Yeah, good tip, you can probably find 50x macing, swords and fencing SS on discord for under 150k (for all of them), your best bet is to try a few options.

Two handers are definitely much harder to play than 1 handers (well, as hard as it can be to play a dexmonkey anyways)

Athrez

Grandmaster
Depends what you want to do. To make it short for dungeon PvP I would bless a katana and a spear or a warhammer would be my choise for open field PvP such as factions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
lots of honest opinions here from what I know to be many of the top tier pvpers on the shard, so thanks for the feedback so far.

I'm still trying to catch up thanks to an isp changeover today that went the exact opposite of perfect (fuck you Telstra) but ive given this a lot of thought, its pretty much the most important decision ill make in my uof life im betting.

As for the sell no sell thing, my opinion is this. While 100m+ gold is not negligible, all ive done to date is build farming type chars and farm. I did so validating my actions by way of building and preparing resources for moving into the last great challenge, the hunting of man. I made my decision at xmas to move my gameplay out of pvm, this was well before I even thought about ibd's and raffles. I got my 30x30 now, and while a great goal to work to, achieving it left me at a slight loss as to what to do next. Gold can always be made again, but this opportunity is appropriately like winning the lotto. If I sold it would be for a large of sum of money but it wouldn't be because I needed gold. As Kaz pointed out, it's something that could ultimately be a factor, in a game where mechanics wise everyones on the same level. I would sell it if it didn't get used. I would sell it if it sat in a char backpack that didn't get played, or a bank or god forbid a wooden display case. I have a tamer that j've probably invested close to 80 mil in, that simply doesn't get used. It just feels wasteful. I love reading the combat stories on the forum, I don't see many about the rivers of salty tears the existing few blessed weaps cause, but im sure those rivers have flowed. I want story inducing volumes of tears to be the legacy of whatever weapon becomes blessed by this ibd, regardless of who the end user is.

Ultimately I have to have a weapon blessed before I can sell, and the feedback you guys are providing is helping me to understand the best options in regard to that. To that end it has made some things I need to do very clear.

So cheers for that

lollo

Grandmaster
lots of honest opinions here from what I know to be many of the top tier pvpers on the shard, so thanks for the feedback so far.

I'm still trying to catch up thanks to an isp changeover today that went the exact opposite of perfect (fuck you Telstra) but ive given this a lot of thought, its pretty much the most important decision ill make in my uof life im betting.

As for the sell no sell thing, my opinion is this. While 100m+ gold is not negligible, all ive done to date is build farming type chars and farm. I did so validating my actions by way of building and preparing resources for moving into the last great challenge, the hunting of man. I made my decision at xmas to move my gameplay out of pvm, this was well before I even thought about ibd's and raffles. I got my 30x30 now, and while a great goal to work to, achieving it left me at a slight loss as to what to do next. Gold can always be made again, but this opportunity is appropriately like winning the lotto. If I sold it would be for a large of sum of money but it wouldn't be because I needed gold. As Kaz pointed out, it's something that could ultimately be a factor, in a game where mechanics wise everyones on the same level. I would sell it if it didn't get used. I would sell it if it sat in a char backpack that didn't get played, or a bank or god forbid a wooden display case. I have a tamer that j've probably invested close to 80 mil in, that simply doesn't get used. It just feels wasteful. I love reading the combat stories on the forum, I don't see many about the rivers of salty tears the existing few blessed weaps cause, but im sure those rivers have flowed. I want story inducing volumes of tears to be the legacy of whatever weapon becomes blessed by this ibd, regardless of who the end user is.

Ultimately I have to have a weapon blessed before I can sell, and the feedback you guys are providing is helping me to understand the best options in regard to that. To that end it has made some things I need to do very clear.

So cheers for that

mad props

Young Star

Grandmaster
FYI. There was a blessed valorite short spear. I know that the guy barely played when I first started but it would get the tears flowing when he did. That player seems to have retired and likely has the item on the character, never to be seen again.

I would seriously listen to Kaz's and Athrez's suggestions. They've probably clocked in the most time on PvP/PK dexers out of everyone that has chimed in so far. I haven't played a fencer much but I can just imagine having a spear that hits for nearly half health and then paralyzes you so you can't run before it hits you a second time is going to be taking a lot of lives. THats without even throwing a single pot. Now say you redline someone on your second swing and get the para blow, you don't even have to be good at throwing pots. Just set one down next to them and walk away like a boss.

markhuntko.gif

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Surprised that none of the pros listed the double-axe as their first choice.

Is that entirely because of the 100 skill points required or are there other reasons?

lollo

Grandmaster
Surprised that none of the pros listed the double-axe as their first choice.

Is that entirely because of the 100 skill points required or are there other reasons?

While axes absolutely wreck mages (low armor) the damage gets significantly lower when the opponent is wearing high AR (another dexer)

For example a double axe with LJ will do the same damage over time as a warhammer (100 skill points saved) against someone in full barbed bone armor (which is incredibly cheap and easy to get)

So overall the warhammer is a much better weapon (it'll 2 shot + explo pot mages anyways without investing 100 points in LJ)

halygon

Grandmaster
If it were me, I would probably rate the weapons in this order:

• Exc Val Runic War Hammer -> Cause that crushing blow does like 80+ damage -> ppl will think you cheat because they die so quickly
  • Exc Val Runic Double Axe -> You don't get the burst damage of the War hammer, but a consistent big hit means your enemies will run always.. plus it works in PvM situations too. An Alchy LJ setup is king with this type of weapon.
  • Exc Supremely Accurate Vanquishing Bow -> Good for PVP or PVM equally
  • Exev Val Runic Short Spear -> Has para blow and is faster than the long spear

lollo

Grandmaster
I only ever had macing and swords on my dexers so i'm kinda a noob on fencing:

Why is the long spear supposedly better than the short one? By looking at the damage and swing values on the wiki it seems the short one is the better option

halygon

Grandmaster

Why is the long spear supposedly better than the short one? By looking at the damage and swing values on the wiki it seems the short one is the better option
Its because the long spear uses a different type of dice roll than the short spear. It has the potential to do more damage per swing. I like the short spear because the damage is only a little bit less but it is sufficiently faster, which gives me more chances for a para blow.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
While axes absolutely wreck mages (low armor) the damage gets significantly lower when the opponent is wearing high AR (another dexer)

Ya, I noticed that. I dueled a friend of mine with my LJ against his dexer in invuln plate. I was hitting in the single digits more often than not. I figured the reduction was the same for other weapons too tho. Good to know. Thanks.

MZ3K

Grandmaster

Ya the chart on the wiki doesn't give any info about the weighting of the dice. Most weapons have similar damage ranges; effectiveness seems to be more about dice weighting (and speed) as far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.