What Weapon Would You Bless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lollo

Grandmaster
Its because the long spear uses a different type of dice roll than the short spear. It has the potential to do more damage per swing. I like the short spear because the damage is only a little bit less but it is sufficiently faster, which gives me more chances for a para blow.

Yeah i saw the dice rolls, even then i still think the short spear is superior. You have a better min damage and a better swing speed and only lose 4 potential max damage.

Then again i never tested them on the field so the long spear might be better in actual use

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Its because the long spear uses a different type of dice roll than the short spear. It has the potential to do more damage per swing. I like the short spear because the damage is only a little bit less but it is sufficiently faster, which gives me more chances for a para blow.

lollo was saying that the dmg from some weapons passes through AR better than others. E.g. it's possible that two weapons that hit an unarmored target for the same damage would not have done equal amounts of damage to that target if he had been wearing armor.

Is there an armor penetration property that's worked into the calculations?
@halygon

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Yeah i saw the dice rolls, even then i still think the short spear is superior. You have a better min damage and a better swing speed and only lose 4 potential max damage.

Then again i never tested them on the field so the long spear might be better in actual use

You have a link to that dice info?

lollo

Grandmaster
lollo was saying that the dmg from some weapons passes through AR better than others. E.g. it's possible that two weapons that hit an unarmored target for the same damage would not have done equal amounts of damage to that target if he had been wearing armor.

@halygon

That's because crushing blow basically ignores armor, axes don't have anything like they, they have concussion blow which halves intelligence

The damage stats were linked somewhere on this thread iirc, you can google it too I think

Edit: crushing blow gives 50% damage bonus regardless of armor so it does add up when fighting other dexers. It also drains stamina

halygon

Grandmaster

@halygon
No, this is pre-aos, soo... no weapons penetrate better than others. We do not use a calculation to determine damage based off of a piece of armor (we use the collective AR total for that), so there is also not a higher chance for X weapon to hit X piece of armor to get a better hit off.

halygon

Grandmaster
That's because crushing blow basically ignores armor, axes don't have anything like they, they have concussion blow which halves intelligence

The damage stats were linked somewhere on this thread iirc, you can google it too I think

Edit: crushing blow gives 50% damage bonus regardless of armor so it does add up when fighting other dexers. It also drains stamina
It is not regardless of armor, the armor just factors in before the final damage is doubled.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
No, this is pre-aos, soo... no weapons penetrate better than others. We do not use a calculation to determine damage based off of a piece of armor (we use the collective AR total for that), so there is also not a higher chance for X weapon to hit X piece of armor to get a better hit off.

So without the crushing blow, if a warhammer and a double axe both hit a target for 50 dmg before the armor reduces the dmg, the damage that the target takes after the armor reduces the dmg will be the same for both weapons too?

halygon

Grandmaster
So without the crushing blow, if a warhammer and a double axe both hit a target for 50 dmg before the armor reduces the dmg, the damage that the target takes after the armor reduces the dmg will be the same for both weapons too?
Correct. For warhammer, it will do more damage to the armor than an axe would (ie reduce the durability more)

So what all has been blessed? I think Tolga had a short spear? Someone else a katana?
Val Short Spear
Vanq Warhammer
Vanq Bow

I forget what the last one is..

Also as for slayer - The Cure from zombieland works great with blessed weapons to make them silver.

bradley-

Grandmaster
So what all has been blessed? I think Tolga had a short spear? Someone else a katana?

There are 3 blessed weapons that I know of:

1) Bow - Silver / Reptile / Vanq / Supremely Accurate (Yes, 2 super slayers. Yes, it's real. Guy was in my guild a long time ago and I've seen it MANY times. However, I haven't seen the guy or the bow in over a year..)

2) War Hammer - Indestructible / Vanq / Supremely Accurate

3) Valorite Runic Short Spear (Tolga [Trin] is who won the IBD used on the short spear. I dunno if he still has it)

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
@halygon my understanding of the cure was it only works in a weapon if it's in your backpack, and isn't blessed is that right?

@bradley- would love to know how to get a weap doubleslayered..I feel like maybe these two questions are linked somehow.. :D

One thing I'm curious about, is nox a complete non factor in this equation? It would seem like it could be, tho I get it takes the choices down to 1h. Completely obviated skill due to petals maybe?

At the very least I'd like to try my hand at a dexxer and pvp for a bit, a facet of uo i have little to no experience in yet

I like your attitude.

With that being said, a blessed val runic is no match for a full party of newbies on sallos pressing target closest spell.

With regards to your initial question on what weapon? well that depends on what you want to do.

For dungeon pking:
  • You will want a weapon that you can chug pots through mobs/pets/players at ease, and that also allows for disrupt. For this I would recommend a katana, as it seems to have the most consistent damage when compared with a kyrss (which can do next to nothing), and is faster than a war fork or broadsword. It will give damage and speed for disrupts. Be warned though, players with low ping can cast small heal ridiculously fast, often making 1 handers not adequate damage wise for true pvp.

For pvping against factioners -
  • i.e killing bad mages who fall behind the flock, I would recommend a long spear or war hammer. Long spears can do crazy damage, and also para blows are great for players that hate death and run the entire map. For sheer damage, a war hammer will do devastating blows, as in you can be getting attacked by a bunch of sallos gank mages who never solo, you can use bandaids whilst throwing pots at them on the run, and as they're half life before a heal, go in for the crushing blow finale. Nothing is funnier than killing an ego fragile gank mage 1-4v1, and the war hammer will be your best bet to do that.
Either way, have fun with your weapon, I'd personally keep it as you can't put a price on the subsequent tears you will watch pour out of ego driven "pvpers" when they see a grey screen.

girana

Grandmaster
@bradley- would love to know how to get a weap doubleslayered..I feel like maybe these two questions are linked somehow..

as far i know (someone who know someone who told me :) ) he was first super big donater just after the server went up.
I doubt they still rewarding them with that kind of shit , btw i think he got 2 one silver/reptil one repond/exo .

lollo

Grandmaster
Yeah Katana pretty much sucks for pvp after the buffs to casting speed. A vanq katana will do like 10-20 damage per hit on a mage with exc. barbed leather and mini heal heals for 15 and is about as fast as a katana swing now.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Be careful @Sparhawk
You'll get alot of offers on what you have, and a lot of "friends" with ulterior motives. Each play style is different, make sure it suits what you do.

As for previous blessed weapons- 75% of all previously blessed weapons are either not used at all, or are RARELY used. As for the rumors of previous donator items, everyone should dismiss alot of that "hear-say" talk.

Also i'd give this topic insight on what to bless, but it would give it away.

Sparhawk

Grandmaster
Be careful @Sparhawk
You'll get alot of offers on what you have, and a lot of "friends" with ulterior motives. Each play style is different, make sure it suits what you do.

As for previous blessed weapons- 75% of all previously blessed weapons are either not used at all, or are RARELY used. As for the rumors of previous donator items, everyone should dismiss alot of that "hear-say" talk.

Also i'd give this topic insight on what to bless, but it would give it away.

So absolutely this. ^ It's amazing the scope of new best friends I have so suddenly lol

When you look at those stats however a great UO tragedy is being done with so few of these artefacts in play.

exince

Grandmaster
Be careful @Sparhawk
As for the rumors of previous donator items, everyone should dismiss alot of that "hear-say" talk.

is it hear-say? the blessed double slayer exists/existed.. as there is no means of crafting them, it's obviously "gm-made" in some way and for some reason.. same with the blessed all slayer spellbooks...

Status
Not open for further replies.