Why aren't guild sizes limited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desi

Grandmaster
right now we got pvpers crying that UOF is a pvm shard, and pvmers crying UOF is a pvp shard.

When people cry you know UO is working properly

THIS.
We have a thriving and healthy balance of both pvm'ers and pvp'ers (which is a beautiful thing to see).

Baby Blue

Master
i never get resskilled more than once - then i switch ankh/healer/gate myself out nd ress with a second char. If somebody resskills you over nd over again its your own fault.

+1. You won't get reskilled if you're not a newbie and reskilling new players is so fucked up anyway... Just watch around, be smart and choose the healer wisely or use "I seek forgiveness" command. If you rather not die again, just accept the fact that your regs are probably gone.

I play factions and I've got reskilled maybe twice. I took a risk and tried to loot myself when I know there's several punkte greedy enemies around. I'd never reskill anyone without a good reason either. Reskilling sucks but it's easily avoidable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
I mean to have @Shane come in and validate this whining is absurd IMO. Stating that things are going to be changed because of how many people cry about it? I've heard that argument before and the changes that resulted were fucking dogshit (and have since been reversed(after too long)).

1. Is there a vision for UOF pvp or not? Or is it just going to be reacting to whoever cries the most?

2. Do we really want the pvp scene on this shard to be so toned down that the 'average joe' who quits after being pkd a few times DOESN'T quit? That guy needs to go play a different server or more likely a different game.

3. UOF pvp is fun. uoforever pvp is fun. If people go back and forth WHO CARES. See #1.

4. Changes to pvp mechanics should be a result of observation. How many people are active in factions? How many murders are there per week? How many people got statted in a week? There's a hinder different metrics you could use but "who cried the most this month" isn't one of them!

Sticky Whitefly

Apprentice
Just my two cents. Probably about what everyone will think its worth also.

I do probably 80% of my farming on my tamers. When I get pked 99% of the time my pets will be dead by the time I get ressed. There fore suffering permanent stat loss. Resists are a ***** to gain as mentioned earlier in this thread in reference to Reds suffering perm stat loss.

My only two suggestions would be

1.) PKs can pay to not get stat loss. Would it be possible to pay so your pets don't get stat loss if in deed you were pked and not the aggressor and lost?

2.) Implement mandatory ransom paid to the one that kills the PK. I feel this would make people want to fight them personally. I know if I thought i could earn 25k for killing a red I may actually go hunt them instead of hide from them.

As far as the rest of this thread goes I don't think anything should be changed. Yeah its the shits when you recall into a 8 man Zerg and get dirted before the screen loads but hey shit happens.

Peace!!

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster

I do probably 80% of my farming on my tamers. When I get pked 99% of the time my pets will be dead by the time I get ressed. There fore suffering permanent stat loss. Resists are a ***** to gain as mentioned earlier in this thread in reference to Reds suffering perm stat loss.

1.) PKs can pay to not get stat loss. Would it be possible to pay so your pets don't get stat loss if in deed you were pked and not the aggressor and lost?

2.) Implement mandatory ransom paid to the one that kills the PK. I feel this would make people want to fight them personally. I know if I thought i could earn 25k for killing a red I may actually go hunt them instead of hide from them.

As far as the rest of this thread goes I don't think anything should be changed. Yeah its the shits when you recall into a 8 man Zerg and get dirted before the screen loads but hey shit happens.

Peace!!

Tamers make bank. It is only fair that they put forth some risk for the super high rewards they reap. Perhaps pets should suffer 2 day 40% perma stat loss since reds do.

Sticky Whitefly

Apprentice
Tamers make bank. It is only fair that they put forth some risk for the super high rewards they reap. Perhaps pets should suffer 2 day 40% perma stat loss since reds do.

As I figured someone would have a brilliant idea. Your right a PVM template should suffer two day stat loss for farming I agree 100%.

And its not perma stat loss its a 2 day stat loss if you have enough murders to make it to the two days. Then your back at full skills my pet that gets killed by pks three times a day will not be back to full skills mostly meaning reists for two weeks at best. In which time it will die several more times hence never making it back to GM resist unles I spend a fortune on scrolls lol.

Anyhow Tamers and PVPers don't see eye to eye and never will so I will leave it at that

Peace Tard =)

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
As I figured someone would have a brilliant idea. Your right a PVM template should suffer two day stat loss for farming I agree 100%.

Tamers are the most OP thing on the shard. Letting them run around risk free is ridiculous. If you are going to reap the highest rewards in game, have the most end game content, and be allowed multiple metas then yes, two day stat loss is fair.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Tamers are the most OP thing on the shard. Letting them run around risk free is ridiculous. If you are going to reap the highest rewards in game, have the most end game content, and be allowed multiple metas then yes, two day stat loss is fair.

I am confused abt something .

Didnt EQMS claimed they have beaten $ guild 10 v 10 ( when $ guild were using tamers ) ?

So IF EQMS beat $ guild , HOW CAN TAMERS BE OP ?

LAWL !

or maybe theres another version of the story ?

$ guild wipe out EQMS all the time
and EQMS have to think ways and means to stop $ guild from smashing EQMS ?

Initially EQMS claimed "ALL GUARD ME" was broken thats why TAMERS were OP . Now that its fixed , EQMS crying abt something else ? Anyone notice a trend here ? So EQMS guild motto is - IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM INGAME , CRY ABT THEM on forums ?

ONE more question , WILL EQMS cry abt $ guild SUPERIOR pvp talent in the future ?

I WONDER .......................

lawl !

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I am confused abt something .

Didnt EQMS claimed they have beaten $ guild 10 v 10 ( when $ guild were using tamers ) ?

So IF EQMS beat $ guild , HOW CAN TAMERS BE OP ?

LAWL !

or maybe theres another version of the story ?

$ guild wipe out EQMS all the time
and EQMS have to think ways and means to stop $ guild from smashing EQMS ?

Initially EQMS claimed "ALL GUARD ME" was broken thats why TAMERS were OP . Now that its fixed , EQMS crying abt something else ? Anyone notice a trend here ? So EQMS guild motto is - IF YOU CANT THEM INGAME , CRY ABT THEM on forums ?

ONE more question , WILL EQMS cry abt $ guild SUPERIOR pvp talent in the future ?

I WONDER .......................

lawl !

TDDR - too dumb didn't read

We can just start posting the screen caps where we own you guys time and time again. Every time I see $ pets that Sarah Machalan commercial gets stuck in my head.

steve-o

Grandmaster
The issue isn't the large red guilds like EQMS or PCH for the "average Joe's". The "average Joe's" don't play factions. It's the blue griefer guilds that people get pissed off about. Screwing around with killing pets and abusing the system to avoid taking any counts. That's why I see people say fuck it and log off.
LOL

ok explain me one thing: how is avarage joe a 120 tamer with lvl 7 meta? do you know how much time it takes to exp a level 7 meta and buy all relics and all ps? Average joe's will never ever have a meta lvl 7 playing 1-2h per week.

there are so many tamers that someone must do something against it, IF people want to fight us... start killing our pets over and over and over... let's see if you are able to do it! I'm sure that all of you are too scared!

ps: this thread started with good ideas to real problems and as usual went to shit

Guwap

Grandmaster
LOL

ok explain me one thing: how is avarage joe a 120 tamer with lvl 7 meta? do you know how much time it takes to exp a level 7 meta and buy all relics and all ps? Average joe's will never ever have a meta lvl 7 playing 1-2h per week.

there are so many tamers that someone must do something against it, IF people want to fight us... start killing our pets over and over and over... let's see if you are able to do it! I'm sure that all of you are too scared!

ps: this thread started with good ideas to real problems and as usual went to shit

Average Joe has been depicted as a dono seller. So, unlike many of you degenerates, Joe has a real life job and can bankroll his UO habit. That's how he buys his lvl 7 meta.

Orgha

Apprentice

Peace!!

Would be nice to have some reward worth the risk of engaging reds/gankers.

I mean what do you really get for 1v3 someone? Bigger ego? Whoopie! And some pots and regs. (if you even get chance to loot) Yeah!

Risk? High chance of dying. Sorry but unless I'm in the mood for PvP and can't find it anywhere else, I'd rather take other risks for higher payouts.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Would be nice to have some reward worth the risk of engaging reds/gankers.

I mean what do you really get for 1v3 someone? Bigger ego? Whoopie! And some pots and regs. (if you even get chance to loot) Yeah!

Risk? High chance of dying. Sorry but unless I'm in the mood for PvP and can't find it anywhere else, I'd rather take other risks for higher payouts.

why exactly do blues need to be encouraged to kill reds? Blues are PVMing (sacking in reward as in gold and skillscrolls and other goodies), while PKs are trying to take that from them (risking statloss). When a blue kills the red he gets to statloss the PK (-1 global PK + loot from the PK + 25k when the tamer decides to sell the head back). Basically blues get their reward from killing stoopid mobs with little to no risk (whoever dies to mobs on a provo-tamer is a noob) while PKs face statloss and have to fight real human beings for a shot at a reward (that most of the time will be nothing more than 1-4k gold and a +0,1 tactics scroll).

Pandone

Grandmaster
why exactly do blues need to be encouraged to kill reds? Blues are PVMing (sacking in reward as in gold and skillscrolls and other goodies), while PKs are trying to take that from them (risking statloss). When a blue kills the red he gets to statloss the PK (-1 global PK + loot from the PK + 25k when the tamer decides to sell the head back). Basically blues get their reward from killing stoopid mobs with little to no risk (whoever dies to mobs on a provo-tamer is a noob) while PKs face statloss and have to fight real human beings for a shot at a reward (that most of the time will be nothing more than 1-4k gold and a +0,1 tactics scroll).

only new players who can't multiclient risk or earn something imho. every shard, every rules

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Fix blue griefing and blue PKing -- if you kill a pet, get a count. If you have a count, you cant recall when flagged.

The End

Status
Not open for further replies.