Why no Legendary Veterinary?

Nasty_Girl

Apprentice
Hello,

don´t know if this was postet in the past, but why there is no Legendary Veterinary? There are Meta Pets so this could be very useful for pvm, not?

Thanks,

Nasty

@Adam maybe a dev answer? :rolleyes:

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
GM vet means the heal check on the animal in question will always succeed. There's no real need to go beyond that. It would raise the heal amount slightly, but there's no need.

I'm assuming that's the answer; also combat skills will never go above 100.00 here. I'd consider taming to be a combat skill, but that's just me.

Nasty_Girl

Apprentice
Yeah but a bit more healing power would not be bad...maybe 1 or 2 tiles more you can stand away from pet to heal! o_O Yeah I am a bit trammie but who cares... :p

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
And here I thought nasty girls were all about getting close. :rolleyes:

More points wouldn't effect distance, just healing amount. 20 extra points would probably be something like..... 10-20 more points of healing. Most tamers are also mages, so G.Heal + Bandie is enough healing for any pet. The real danger are PK's that can effectively 'snipe' you with burst and leave your pets to wonder what the fuck just happened.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
GM vet means the heal check on the animal in question will always succeed. There's no real need to go beyond that. It would raise the heal amount slightly, but there's no need.

I'm assuming that's the answer; also combat skills will never go above 100.00 here. I'd consider taming to be a combat skill, but that's just me.
This is what people are talking about when they say you are posting with no knowledge of the facts.
100 vet does not = 100 success. You will still fail on cures of some poisons and on res. The heal will actually go up by an average of ~10hp per aid.
Vet is not a combat skill nor does your argument make any sense since both lore and taming have power scrolls.

Lastly you said that most tamers have magery so they can heal that way. Are you saying I have to have magery if I want the extra healing. Sounds oddly familiar to you need magery to dispel.

Any way don't bother answering as you just post false information every time you do.

Vet power scroll would be a welcome addition and would cause for some interesting template choices to fit the extra 20 points.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
This is what people are talking about when they say you are posting with no knowledge of the facts.
100 vet does not = 100 success. You will still fail on cures of some poisons and on res. The heal will actually go up by an average of ~10hp per aid.
Vet is not a combat skill nor does your argument make any sense since both lore and taming have power scrolls.

Lastly you said that most tamers have magery so they can heal that way. Are you saying I have to have magery if I want the extra healing. Sounds oddly familiar to you need magery to dispel.

Any way don't bother answering as you just post false information every time you do.

Vet power scroll would be a welcome addition and would cause for some interesting template choices to fit the extra 20 points.

I said nothing about poisons or rezes; I said HEAL CHECKS.

+1 report for senseless trolling.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I said nothing about poisons or rezes; I said HEAL CHECKS.

+1 report for senseless trolling.
Yup as I thought. Can't just say "oh ya would help res and cure, didn't think of that".

Reported lmao try rereading the thread and see who provided more actually information here. Give it a rest before you find yourself looking the fool again.

halygon

Grandmaster
There is not legendary Vet for the same reason there is not Legendary Healing - its not needed. With the current mechanics, it would in-fact increase the amount healed and possibly success (assuming you are being hit while applying the bandage). But I don't think the extra 20 points would be worth the cash, the time or SS to level, or the points needed to fit it on a template.

The only way it would be worthwhile is if we made it do something extra that you cannot do at GM, but that would require a mechanics update and everything that goes with that.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
There is not legendary Vet for the same reason there is not Legendary Healing - its not needed. With the current mechanics, it would in-fact increase the amount healed and possibly success (assuming you are being hit while applying the bandage). But I don't think the extra 20 points would be worth the cash, the time or SS to level, or the points needed to fit it on a template.

The only way it would be worthwhile is if we made it do something extra that you cannot do at GM, but that would require a mechanics update and everything that goes with that.
First off people wouldn't be asking if they didn't think they could use it. Second there are plenty of mobs that not failing to cure or a couple extra hp healed is going to make a big difference. Third vet is am easy macro skill so no cost or active game time wasted to leveling.

(Bonus fourth. You could make it where a 120 vet char can res pets with only .5% skill loss instead of 1%. Easy coding and now most certainly worthwhile)

Ps. I can't take the opinion of someone who makes and deletes a tamer as knowing what tamers need.

Pps. Don't really care if it's added or not but I really don't see a good reason why not (add bow craft power scrolls while at it as those are needed).

Messremb

Grandmaster

Anyone who has ever fought a shadow balron paragon will disagree with it not being needed.

It's only a pvm skill that helps in 3 ways

Additional healing on pets

Additional success in rez and cure

2 additional stable slots

And it hurts nobody. There is no reason not to have 120 vet and 3 reasons it should be added.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Anyone who has ever fought a shadow balron paragon will disagree with it not being needed.

And it hurts nobody. There is no reason not to have 120 vet and 3 reasons it should be added.

Nice. I actually forgot about the stable slots good catch.

Messremb

Grandmaster
First off people wouldn't be asking if they didn't think they could use it. Second there are plenty of mobs that not failing to cure or a couple extra hp healed is going to make a big difference. Third vet is am easy macro skill so no cost or active game time wasted to leveling.

(Bonus fourth. You could make it where a 120 vet char can res pets with only .5% skill loss instead of 1%. Easy coding and now most certainly worthwhile)

Ps. I can't take the opinion of someone who makes and deletes a tamer as knowing what tamers need.

Pps. Don't really care if it's added or not but I really don't see a good reason why not (add bow craft power scrolls while at it as those are needed).
I love the idea of fixing skill loss with this. 2 birds one stone.

make it so you have to own the pets to rez them with the skill loss reduction. and make it no skill loss at 120 vet.

120 vet would kill any PVP template so it could only be used to benefit full PVM tamers (the ones who dont really deserve the skill loss nerf in the first place)

this is actually a great idea!!!

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Why should they get additional healing on their pets but I shouldn't be able to have 120 healing on myself? I honestly think it doesn't need to be added. I'm sure the argument is that healing is combat related but veterinary isn't. But how can vet not be used in a PVP situation if it will help add a healing bonus to a pet that's attacking another player?

I'm not trying to start shit, honestly, because I'm not super familiar with taming but that's what came to mind when I read this stuff.

Edit: @TheFallen explained to me and, now that he is, I think it shouldn't really matter if this is implemented or not as it would be used for PVM as it doesn't make sense to have it in a PVP sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster

You guys make some good points that I didn't think of.

But I am still not convinced that spending 20 points for a little more umph would be wanted. It sounds as though you two definitely would like it.

I will point the staff at this thread to check out the ideas and see what they say.

Nasty_Girl

Apprentice
First of all SORRY for my bad english... :rolleyes:

Look I run with this template:

taming 120
lore 120
magery 100
music 100
provo 100
vet 100
medi 80

So if I deceide to get vet 120 I have to drop another skill. In my case I would drop medi because I have no time to
medi becaus I use bandis all the time. My template is no problem for pks because I am a glass sphere.

Let the player the decision if it is worth or not then it is our time and our gold to do it or not. If we get the
benefit like said above my decision is that it would be worth for me. I am a real pve tamer and I dont do pvp. If
pks come and I am to slow for recall I eat the ground in a sec because of no resi. --> Risk vs. Reward

Healing meta against bigger paragons is a pain in the ass, sometimes I have to recall out heal and medi and recall back.

I think for pvp it is not really a big deal to have tamers with 120 vet, how cares about 10-20 hp healing more?
ATM you have to stand near the pet to heal and in pvp the pets run arround so no time to heal with bandis only
gm magery/gm medi would be good for pvp healing. Correct me if I am wrong, I do no pvp.

So what are the benifits?

1.) more stable slots (+2)
2.) more healing power (maybe 10 or 20?)
3.) lower skill lose at pet res
4.) better res chance
5.) better cure chance

Maybe some custom benefit would be great to at 120 vet (attention this is only a whish) :rolleyes::po_O
1.) 1 or 2 tiles more to stand away from pet

Thanks,

Nasty

tankian

Grandmaster
No need for vet over 100 but it would be nice for anyone with 120 tame/lore to get a small bump in healing or even close the gap in minimum and max heal damage. Like get more heals in the 80 range instead of low 50s or 60s
@eppy @Adam what are your thoughts on this

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth Gold

Grandmaster
make it so you have to own the pets to rez them with the skill loss reduction. and make it no skill loss at 120 vet.
I tought I read somewhere that factionplayer controled pets don't lose skills? Seems like a cheaper, more viable way to deal with that. The only disadvantage is that you probably want to avoid running around in Britain on your tamer.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
I tought I read somewhere that factionplayer controled pets don't lose skills? Seems like a cheaper, more viable way to deal with that. The only disadvantage is that you probably want to avoid running around in Britain on your tamer.

That is a temp solution at best since factions will be phased out soon as we switch to the Kingdoms patch where we use militias. Don't as what it is, devs aren't releasing to many details till after it's released.

In the meantime, join minax; they have the most members, and mathematically speaking you'll be safer.