With Easter approaching...

cups

Grandmaster
Hey, everybody. I just wanted to get this discussion rolling to see what the players and staff thought. It is March. April is a month away and typically we have seen events for Easter but most notably the Easter themed monsters that drop chests or baskets. I heard through the grapevine that @eppy was considering putting the monsters in about half way through the month of March. I thought about this and compared it to the Halloween and Christmas monsters. Both of those start on the first of October and December respectively and they last about the whole month. Halloween is on the 31st and Christmas the 25th, so we get about a full month with the mobs being disabled shortly after the holiday. With Easter though it's different. It's on April 1st this year. If we start the holiday monsters mid March and run to the holiday that only gives us a couple weeks of the special monsters. If that's how the staff intends for it to be then that is fine but I just wanted to give you guys something to think about because I know a lot of people get newfound interest in PvM when the more difficult, holiday monsters come in. I love UO and just anything to spice up PvM is good in my book. Sometimes it can get a bit stale and the more challenging monsters help renew interest for a lot of us. Thank you.

cups

Grandmaster
Love the enthusiasm, Decoy!! Another thought would be maybe make them more rare than regular holiday monsters but just make them extremely difficult. More so than even your regular ones. Anyway I know staff is busy I won't throw out all my crazy ideas just wanted to add this last one on.

Decoy

Grandmaster
i guess so

I always thought an entire month was too long and it seemed to drag towards the end. With the increased drop rate on the chests (or any holiday-specific item? Not sure...) working now, I think just a few weeks is reasonable. There's part of a week this week and then 4 full weeks leading up to Easter for this month. I think there will be plenty of time...

cups

Grandmaster
When I linked you my forum post I told you to "like" it not reply to it. You are supposed to be supportive DECOY.. You give me no choice. I am going to take one of your statues out of your keep. I won't ever tell you which one I took.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Generally speaking...and it's rather unfortunate...after the first hedge maze Easter event Easter has been boring an uninspired, copy/paste lowest common denominator hot garbage

New events/spawn and new rewards would be greatly appreciated