Wrestling and Template Question - Mage

halv

Grandmaster
Why put people wrestling on their chars?
Is there some defense ability like (Anatomy + Evaluate Intelligence + 20) / 2 = defensive wrestling?
Is there a higher evasion ability to avoid melee hits with wrestling?
If I put wrestling + anatomy on my mage, will there be the defense ability too?
How many Stamina is used for stun (anatomy + wrestling)?

Is there a need for wrestling in PvM?

Thank you.

halv

Grandmaster

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
As far as defensive capabilities, having 100 wrestling is the same thing as having 100 anatomy and 100 eval.

But with wrestling you have a chance to hit an enemy with your fists just like if you were holding a kryss and had 100 fencing. This is good for disrupting someone else casting a spell in pvp.

Also, in order to stun someone, you need at least 80 wrestling and 80 anatomy, so in pvp it is often beneficial to have all 3: wrestling, anatomy (for stun), and eval (for spell damage). In PVM anat + eval works just as good, but you won't be able to stun.

Any attempt to stun, whether successful or not, takes 10 or 15 stamina. I forget exactly which one it is, but I think it is one of those two numbers.

halv

Grandmaster
As far as defensive capabilities, having 100 wrestling is the same thing as having 100 anatomy and 100 eval.

Btw. If this is true, and i hope so, the wiki is wrong.

Wiki is saying:
http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Template said:
Anatomy (Coupled with Wrestling, this grants me the Defensive Wrestling ability, decreasing overall melee hit chance)

If wrestling itself is a defense skill like evaluate int+Anatomy there will be only one template using anatomy for defense abilities: heal mages.
I think @parsnip is doing wiki and can change it.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Btw. If this is true, and i hope so, the wiki is wrong.

Wiki is saying:

If wrestling itself is a defense skill like evaluate int+Anatomy there will be only one template using anatomy for defense abilities: heal mages.
I think @parsnip is doing wiki and can change it.

Wiki is wrong. Anat + Wrestling has always granted Stun ability. Wrestling by itself gives you all the defense you need. It's always been this way and is no different on this shard.

It's Anat + Eval that grants "Defensive Wrestling", meaning you have 0 chance to hit with your fists, but will still avoid hits as if you had 100 wrestling

parsnip

Grandmaster
Wiki is wrong. Anat + Wrestling has always granted Stun ability. Wrestling by itself gives you all the defense you need. It's always been this way and is no different on this shard.

It's Anat + Eval that grants "Defensive Wrestling", meaning you have 0 chance to hit with your fists, but will still avoid hits as if you had 100 wrestling

Wiki was wrong ;) There are unfortunately lots of little areas like this that need to be updated. It was probably a typo from the previous contributor. Thanks @halv for flagging this up.

halv

Grandmaster
Wiki was wrong ;) There are unfortunately lots of little areas like this that need to be updated. It was probably a typo from the previous contributor. Thanks @halv for flagging this up.

Your welcome. The same wrong information under:
http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wrestling

Grouping Wrestling with Anatomy will also provide you with a passive Defensive Wrestling ability, reducing your opponents accuracy with weapons causing them to miss more often against you.

I think it's your job again @parsnip ;)

:D