Wrestling/Boxing Gloves

I've always wanted to create a dexxer that using Wrestling as its main fighting skill (consider this character a boxer.) While Wrestling is a fantastic complimentary skill for Magery, for brawling it's useless. So here's my proposal:

Create a Tailor-able item called boxing gloves.
Boxing gloves would use leather to produce
They would add damage to Wrestling hits versus humans and mobs
Magic boxing gloves would drop from mobs as any normal weapons would

For any role players, this would also open up an opportunity for Friday Night Fights or any other boxing matches that can be used for gambling etc.

I understand this may be sacrilegious and/or cause an unfair balance stun mages in PVP, so I welcome any adjustments that I may have not considered to make this feasible.

Finch

Apprentice
actually, i think there was a ninjitsu skill in one of the origin releases a long time ago.... might be able to incorporate that somehow to balance things.

i had a mage that had anatomy and tactics at one point. it was pretty cool, because if the other mage wasnt wearing any armor, sometimes you could hit for up to 14 dmg. never really tested it with armor. i may go back to it to test it out. its hilarious killing someone with a punch even though you have a lightning cast.

if youre adamant about having an rp char like that, just make a 100 100 25 dexxer with gm wrestling, anatomy, tactics, arms lore, healing, and add shit like either stealing+snooping, hiding+stealth, or some more combat skills.

id fuck with a char like that for fun. id prolly go with stealing and snooping or something. disarm wrestler. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Halpo

Master
Make the gloves ringmail so mages cant wear them they will still look like leather or have them set as platemail with the leather look

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
This shit is funny. ROFL
Also making them ringmail would not be a factor what so ever in keeping mages in check if this were ever something to be worried about, which it most def will not LOL.
All people would do then is make a macro to swap the gloves in and out for tactical hits.