Young Players shouldnt be able to attack MOTM

Orgha

Apprentice
There are no "hard" mobs in the regular uo monster tables. Dragons/Deamons/LLs etc are basically as easy to kill as ettins, only better loot and slower spawn rate. Lower level mobs are fine as they allow everyone to participate. It's not like MOTM is end-game content........

You are missing the point.

Let's say Player A just joined the shard and has 70 swords and 80 tactics no resist and no Margery. They just started. Are you fucking trying to tell me that person can just as handily kill a Lich Lord as they would an Ettin?

We aren't talking about 7x GM Bards or Tamers here. Seriously. We don't need 7x GM vets fishing up all the spawns frequented by brand new players to this shard. It's fucking stupid as hell.

And I never used the word "Hard" anywhere in my post. That's your own reflection on the state of those mobs. I simply said HIGHER LEVEL spawns. Spawns not well suited for new players that are commonly found at HIGHER LEVELS of dungeons. Places you won't see true new players unless they're a Ghost.

PS Daemons spawn just as fast. You just need to know where to look.

elfyburk

Expert
You are missing the point.

Let's say Player A just joined the shard and has 70 swords and 80 tactics no resist and no Margery. They just started. Are you fucking trying to tell me that person can just as handily kill a Lich Lord as they would an Ettin?

We aren't talking about 7x GM Bards or Tamers here. Seriously. We don't need 7x GM vets fishing up all the spawns frequented by brand new players to this shard. It's fucking stupid as hell.

And I never used the word "Hard" anywhere in my post. That's your own reflection on the state of those mobs. I simply said HIGHER LEVEL spawns. Spawns not well suited for new players that are commonly found at HIGHER LEVELS of dungeons. Places you won't see true new players unless they're a Ghost.

PS Daemons spawn just as fast. You just need to know where to look.

"Hard", "Higher Level" - semantics. You insinuated it was boring killing ettins because it is easy. I say it's pretty fucking easy to kill a deamon, AW or LL....

I dont see why you want to exclude new players from participating in the MOTM concept as it's not end-game content. It's an incentive to bring more activity/action to dungeons, both from a pvp- and pvm perspective. Restricting it to high level mobs only will exclude a certain percentage of our playerbase from participating (the youngs). In my view it is much better to have it as it is - a mix of high- and low level spawn (we already had dragons and deamons).

If you're referring to vets abusing the young status, it takes like a day to make a provo/archer which can handle pretty much any type of mob in the game...

Orgha

Apprentice
"Hard", "Higher Level" - semantics. You insinuated it was boring killing ettins because it is easy. I say it's pretty fucking easy to kill a deamon, AW or LL....

I dont see why you want to exclude new players from participating in the MOTM concept as it's not end-game content. It's an incentive to bring more activity/action to dungeons, both from a pvp- and pvm perspective. Restricting it to high level mobs only will exclude a certain percentage of our playerbase from participating (the youngs). In my view it is much better to have it as it is - a mix of high- and low level spawn (we already had dragons and deamons).

If you're referring to vets abusing the young status, it takes like a day to make a provo/archer which can handle pretty much any type of mob in the game...

Not semantics. Just learn to read what I'm writing and stop putting your words in as though they are mine.

I never once said it was boring either.

Let's review the words I ACTUALLY used in my posts...

" It's seriously ******** watching Lords and Ladys wipe out newb spawns"

"vets fishing up all the spawns frequented by brand new players to this shard. It's fucking stupid as hell."

My point has nothing to do with the difficult of killing the creatures.

My words were selected very deliberately. I used the words "Higher Level" to designate location. All my comments are unified around the concept of LOCATION.

The issue here is vet players are taking over spawns that some new players NEED to farm at. Mr. not GM at any skill been on the server for 1 day isn't going to be found slaying AW in Destard. Okay?

******** and Stupid as hell are NOT
synonyms for "Easy" or "Boring". Look it up in an English Thesaurus. They are expressions for how utterly foolish the system is setup right now. Okay? Vets should NOT be encouraged to take over newb spawns. That's the point. If you still don't understand my point and still insist on putting words in my mouth, then your're beyond any help this world can give you.

elfyburk

Expert
wow, glad I dont have your personal issues. You do realise you went all bonkers over a sentence in a forum post about an online wizard game?

Ettins in despise is not the only option for new players. Should they however choose to hunt the MOTM it allows new players to participate in our community to a larger extent than soloing ettins for 200gps/pop. By your logic (and framing) new players would not even have the option to try the MOTM. Besides, if I was a new player I would be thrilled to see action in dungeons rather than the recall in/out which is the norm.

Just accept it mate, you are wrong and I am right.

Cack

Grandmaster
Not semantics. Just learn to read what I'm writing and stop putting your words in as though they are mine.

I never once said it was boring either.

Let's review the words I ACTUALLY used in my posts...

" It's seriously ******** watching Lords and Ladys wipe out newb spawns"

"vets fishing up all the spawns frequented by brand new players to this shard. It's fucking stupid as hell."

My point has nothing to do with the difficult of killing the creatures.

My words were selected very deliberately. I used the words "Higher Level" to designate location. All my comments are unified around the concept of LOCATION.

The issue here is vet players are taking over spawns that some new players NEED to farm at. Mr. not GM at any skill been on the server for 1 day isn't going to be found slaying AW in Destard. Okay?

******** and Stupid as hell are NOT
synonyms for "Easy" or "Boring". Look it up in an English Thesaurus. They are expressions for how utterly foolish the system is setup right now. Okay? Vets should NOT be encouraged to take over newb spawns. That's the point. If you still don't understand my point and still insist on putting words in my mouth, then your're beyond any help this world can give you.
I read that highlights. Thanks

Orgha

Apprentice
wow, glad I dont have your personal issues. You do realise you went all bonkers over a sentence in a forum post about an online wizard game?

Ettins in despise is not the only option for new players. Should they however choose to hunt the MOTM it allows new players to participate in our community to a larger extent than soloing ettins for 200gps/pop. By your logic (and framing) new players would not even have the option to try the MOTM. Besides, if I was a new player I would be thrilled to see action in dungeons rather than the recall in/out which is the norm.

Just accept it mate, you are wrong and I am right.

Learn to comprehend English and we won't have a problem next time.

Thanks