Young Players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Somehow, you can not attack young players anymore. Moreover the problem is that they are able to steal still from monsters and murderers without flagging, literally providing them a completely trammel existence. Please fix

@JoeB

wreckognize

Grandmaster
One player who has been abusing this is named Drustan (Young). Notably he has been stealing all of the gold off of deamons who probably wont attack him for some days now. You can't even attack grey young players.

Young system bites non trammel server in the ass again... Glad at least one person who is exploiting this has been reported. ''Drustan'' Just now realizing that the mobs probably dont even attack young players, making young stealing a very big gold abuse bug.

Have any other players noticed mobs dropping with no gold on them lately? I've seen this on literally everything I've been farming for the last 3 days....

@Shane @Carl @Adam

thestand

Grandmaster
One player who has been abusing this is named Drustan (Young). Notably he has been stealing all of the gold off of deamons who probably wont attack him for some days now. You can't even attack grey young players.

@Shane @Carl @Adam

I saw that guy at the Titans spawn. He would recall in steal gold then leave. When 1 young player can make multiple monster spawns not worth going to..... they should look into what can be done about this.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Youngs should lose young status upon entering a dungeon. There should be an option box like before committing a criminal act that let's them know if they enter they lose status. If you're young you have no business in a dungeon.

Sent from Baja 1997

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Youngs should lose young status upon entering a dungeon. There should be an option box like before committing a criminal act that let's them know if they enter they lose status. If you're young you have no business in a dungeon.

Sent from Baja 1997

theres pleny of overworld spawn which can be abused, there just shouldn't be young player system here at all.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
fine? fine by your standards maybe. Two things here: New players get the false sense that they can't be touched, then it confuses them when they finally lose Young, get looted and polluted, maybe even rezkilled... you see my point there.

Two, people are easily able to abuse it. So highly abusable and OP, in fact, that I'm certain staff is altering the system right now, if not simply removing it and just sticking with the New guild. Today alone I've only gotten gold drops by half of the mobs I'm farming. Believe me when i say I could care less about the gold, I'm purely farming silver which can't even be stolen anyways. However, I'm sure this is pissing alot of gold farmers off lol.

I think you're overlooking just how much staff time and energy will be needed to keep people from freely abusing the Young system, the way it's currently set up, that's all. It won't matter if they're young for 100 hours or 1 hour.

Anyways, apparently it's being looked into so fear not. Just remember that the concept behind the New guild needs support from dedicated players or it won't be as effective!

TheGooch

Master
fine? fine by your standards maybe. Two things here: New players get the false sense that they can't be touched, then it confuses them when they finally lose Young, get looted and polluted, maybe even rezkilled... you see my point there.

Two, people are easily able to abuse it. So highly abusable and OP, in fact, that I'm certain staff is altering the system right now, if not simply removing it and just sticking with the New guild. Today alone I've only gotten gold drops by half of the mobs I'm farming. Believe me when i say I could care less about the gold, I'm purely farming silver which can't even be stolen anyways. However, I'm sure this is pissing alot of gold farmers off lol.

I think you're overlooking just how much staff time and energy will be needed to keep people from freely abusing the Young system, the way it's currently set up, that's all. It won't matter if they're young for 100 hours or 1 hour.

Anyways, apparently it's being looked into so fear not. Just remember that the concept behind the New guild needs support from dedicated players or it won't be as effective!
Yep, I do a good amount of farming and just noticed this today. Aw's, drags, ballys, and other high end mobs literally dry. That was on the first run. Afterwards it seemed alright. I'll be keeping an eye out for youngs and paging staff if needed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Just wait until the theives notice you farming the mobs. They've already cleaned out all the mobs on the server, and need people to kill them for them to restock. It's really quite devious. People are probably making a fortune off this lol

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Yes a few hours (not 40) is fine. And also I suggested that if you enter a dungeon you lose young status. So not sure why you chose to latch on to my comment for your rant.

Sent from Baja 1997

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Yes, I see now how 3 hours won't make any difference. And also I suggested that if you enter a dungeon you lose young status, which i now understand doesn't make much of a difference since there's plenty of overworld spawn to abuse. Not sure though why I keep posting since if I merely read your posts I would see my error here.

fixed

As someone relatively new (had not played in over a decade) the young status was nice to get my feet wet and used to the game again. In retrospect, I think it is too much though.

I had a young attempt to grief me out in the wilderness. If you can't attack them they should not be able to attack you.

I think a fair thing for "young" status is you are confined to Britainnia and the "young" dungeon. Once you leave that you lose your status. This is plenty generous for new players.

Dreifub

Journeyman
Imo if your account is older then a week or you have a character thats already 7x etc you should not get young status anymore period.....Like and IP fix to only new players

FollowFrosty

Apprentice
or a simple fix could be just to not allow Young status players to commit criminal acts (stealing, looting blue corpses, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.