Random Dungeon Adventure
- 1 Description
- 2 Rewards
- 3 Resources
- 4 Encounters
Random Dungeon Adventures, also known as RDAs are portals that spawn randomly through out the world. Entering one of these portals will teleport you into a dungeon containing a very powerful champion boss encounter with other monsters to clear as well.
These RDA portals are blaze colored and have a fire elemental explosion effect on top of them, they are hard to find but not easy to miss when you do come across one! The portals can be tracked with the Tracking skill by looking for Fire Elementals in your tracking menu.
Note: While you are allowed multiple accounts on UOForever, you may not have more than ONE (1) character, dead or alive, at any given time in a single RDA. Additional characters outside of an RDA Portal are allowed.
RDA dungeons spawn one at a time. There is a random window of 1-3 hours that a single RDA will stay open. If now found in that time it will close and a new one will spawn somewhere else. : If a player does a single point of damage to the spawn the window will be given a 1 hour extension. If an RDA is completed within the time assigned to it, a new RDA won't spawn until that given time expires. For example, if a given RDA spawns with a 1:45 time and is found and completed in 40min the next RDA wont spawn until the full 1:45 passes.
Aside from those that spawn randomly in the land, a player can also spawn their own RDA if they have five RDA fragments. This RDA can be spawned anywhere except in player housing. The RDA fragments can be obtained by:
- Finishing as the top scorer in an RDA.
- From Treasure Maps chests. The higher the map level, the greater chance of an RDA fragment.
- From Message in a Bottle chests.
Gem of Portals
There are a number of potential rewards but don't expect to get something every time, particularly when the RDA is heavily contested!
- Power Scrolls - Can be awarded to anyone who has damaged the boss but total score does weigh into chances.
- Meta Dragon Eggs - Only drops in the Dragon Progenitor encounter.
- Meta Relics - As with power scrolls, relics can be awarded to anyone who has damaged the boss but total score does weigh into chances.
- RDA Fragments - Awarded to the top scorer.
- Crystals which are used to make Crystal Workbenches.
- You will need 120 Mining to acquire these.
- Shards required to create the Legendary Hammer
The following notes were provided by numerous brave warriors, including Messremb and Bromista who kindly shared their knowledge on the community forums.
- Spawn: Dragons, ancient wyrms, shadow wyrms (cannot be provoked),
chromatic dragon,and tentacles of the Harrower
- Slayer Type: Dragon / Reptile
- Boss: Bahamut the Dragon Progenitor
- Special Ability: The Dragon Progenitor boss has a fire breath that can instantly kill a player and do a significant amount of damage against pets.
- Common Drops: ~11k gold, hammer shards, 2 Skill Scrolls, 1 Power Scroll
- Rare Drops: "The dragoon" Title, crafting recipe scrolls, Meta Dragon egg, statue, and Meta Pet relics.
- Strategy: You may require multiple vets or mages to heal the pets. Best approach is 3 or more tamers healing the pet tanking.
- Spawn: Minotaur warriors (cannot be provoked), tentacles of the Harrower
- Slayer Type: Repond
- Boss: Minotaur Champion
- Strategy: You may require multiple vets or mages to heal the pets. Best approach is 3 or more tamers healing the pet tanking. Watch out as he may change targets. Dexxers with slayer armor may be able to survive his attacks.
The Dark Father
- Spawn: Devourer of souls (cannot be provoked), abyssal horror (cannot be provoked), tentacles of the Harrower.
- Slayer Type: Exorcism on main spawn and Dark Father, Silver on boss spawned by Dark Father.
- Boss: The Dark Father
- Strategy: Several tamers are recommended, and with pets being cycled out to heal. Dexxers and mages will struggle due to reflect damage. Hit the Dark Father sparingly, focus on killing any undead spawn. Cut the bones with a dagger to prevent additional undead spawn.
The Beetle King
- Spawn: Rock beetles (cannot be provoked, move very fast and do all physical damage), doom beetle (high Magery), and tentacles of the Harrower.
- Slayer Type: None
- Boss: Beetle King
- Strategy: The Beetle King boss will poison you by throwing poison on the ground if you move around the boss. This can cause your pets up take massive damage from his poison pools. With multiple tamers he can be boxed in to prevent movement. As a warrior, you must stand your ground and try not to move unless you have to to avoid being hit by poison.
- Spawn: Lummox warriors (can be provoked onto, large aggro range, move very fast and hit hard, lummox mages (high magic damage), and tentacles of the Harrower.
- Slayer Type: Repond
- Boss: Lummox Chieftain
- Strategy: This can be a very tricky encounter. The entrance is the center of a room and the large aggro range on the lummoxes means that you likely be immediately targeted. It is almost inevitable that you will die a few times. Select a victim to lure the spawn away from one corner of the RDA and then make a run for that corner and slowly work your way out. On the boss himself, cross-heal and look out for those hatchets.
Undead Treasure Hunter
- Spawn: Undead wardog (very fast, all physical damage), dream wraith (high Magery), tentacles of the Harrower.
- Slayer Type: Silver
- Boss: Locke
- Special Ability: Summons weaker mirror images of himself which are best killed first before taking on the real Locke. Casts Ultima spell which drops on a huge area dealing a large amount of damage. Launches a backstab attack which does a large amount of damage to pets and drops players to 10% health and infects them with deadly poisoning.
- Common Drops: ~11k gold, hammer shards, 2 Skill Scrolls, 1 Power Scrolls
- Rare Drops: "The Treasure Hunter" Title (previously "Locked and Loaded"), crafting recipe scrolls, statue, and Meta Pet relics.
- Strategy: Use an archer to get him too cast mirror image and then pull the real Locke off and kill the weak ones. Once all mirror images are dead, pull Locke to the center and attack. Pull off pets when he casts Ultima. Pre-cast cure when he begins his backstack attack. Cure the poison and heal up. Dexers can do a lot of damage to Locke but may need mage support for cures and heals.