A few ideas...

Struan

Expert
My suggestions:

- Pot use delay timers. All pots need them. Reds get an extra 0.5-1 second delay.

- Remove stat loss. Deterrents should make the game harder for reds not remove them from play.

- Character linked stam loss for all combat. Reds lose stam %25 faster.

- Short/er distance/time limit for precast. Distance/time is 50% shorter for reds.

- 1-2 second recall delay for reds.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
I actually think these are pretty solid ideas. Well done.

I guess they could keep 48 hours stat in level 1s of newb dungeons to keep the trammel player base happy.

Lexington

Grandmaster
My suggestions:

- Pot use delay timers. All pots need them. Reds get an extra 0.5-1 second delay.

- Remove stat loss. Deterrents should make the game harder for reds not remove them from play.

- Character linked stam loss for all combat. Reds lose stam %25 faster.

- Short/er distance/time limit for precast. Distance/time is 50% shorter for reds.

- 1-2 second recall delay for reds.

Hey, hey. Back off "White Knight"... I'm scared as it is now to play my red solo.... don't make the game any harder for me :p

Struan

Expert
There would be nothing to be scared of. No stat loss.....just "opportunities for improvement."

At least that's what they call it when I fuck up at work. You'll be a better person for it. They say that too.

If you removed Statloss what would keep me from playing my PK the same carefree way I play my thief?

Thats a good point because i would do the same, but maybe make the statloss shorter. When i get ganked by a bunch of blues, i shouldnt have to pay 20k for my head, which i will never do cuz its ********. People are ********, if they offered maybe like 5k i would more than likely buy my head back. But if you do it for maybe like 6 hours then it still gives the tamers and blues time to still farm and i can do other things or go to work and come back and hope on my red. I personally think that would be a win for everyone.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Thats a good point because i would do the same, but maybe make the statloss shorter. When i get ganked by a bunch of blues, i shouldnt have to pay 20k for my head, which i will never do cuz its ********. People are ********, if they offered maybe like 5k i would more than likely buy my head back. But if you do it for maybe like 6 hours then it still gives the tamers and blues time to still farm and i can do other things or go to work and come back and hope on my red. I personally think that would be a win for everyone.

Wasn't there talk a while ago from Shane stating that they were going to put a cap on the amount someone could sell a head back for... maybe they already implemented it???

Have more than 1 red...

Stat loss is pretty lenient here - even at the most severe of stat loss penalty.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
If you removed Statloss what would keep me from playing my PK the same carefree way I play my thief?

Because you are a shit player.... I can imagine 2 shit 247 newbs even rolling you with ease, thus stopping you.

thieves dont even need stock.

I gear up 100 ea reg, 80 potions, ar and trap pouches. Even with 0 statloss, I wouldn't attack zergs 1v10...

The trammies here make it out that if you are a pk, your victims just stand there and die.

Lexington

Grandmaster
Because you are a shit player.... I can imagine 2 shit 247 newbs even rolling you with ease, thus stopping you.

thieves dont even need stock.

I gear up 100 ea reg, 80 potions, ar and trap pouches. Even with 0 statloss, I wouldn't attack zergs 1v10...

The trammies here make it out that if you are a pk, your victims just stand there and die.

Someone pull that knife out of my back... ugh, I've been insulted on the internet :|

so the same thing can happen again to my other red then?

Yep, these idiots don't realise we have limited characters upon every statloss.

48 hours with 40% statloss, mays well just ban the character for 48 hours with the way it is now.

Moronic.

Keep some newb areas with statloss (48 hours if you must), but open up more areas. Others, and myself have given numerous ideas, but of course we're never heard.

Most the players i pk nowadays are well established or part of pvp/blue zergs anyways, and i have to accept 48 hours risk for messing up, whereas they just get some e-peen snipped off and re-gear. Everyone dies, explode/ebolt/stun in group pvp is childs play, anyone that says otherwise is straight up ********.

hoodfigure

Master
Sure, balance the game for reds killing blues. Makes sense - I mean there shouldn't be any sort of repercussions for pks besides pot chugging timers and recalls they never use. Hell if someone cuts off their head, give them a stat/skill BONUS. AMIRITE? They didn't choose to make the character red by most likely harming innocent pvm players, such as bards, tamers, and gatherer/crafters. No, no those hundreds of kills that puts them in 48 hr statloss is all from killing ANTI-PK groups / well establisthed players that they must attack first in order to even get those counts.... Jeez write Shane a letter directly next time.

Last edited by a moderator: