A house that faces... East???

crazy-horse

Master
strangehouse_zpsivapt2ly.png

crazy-horse

Master
Oops.. I think it was an optical illusion... its facing sounth after looking at it in screenshot mode.. still looks east in game though lol

crazy-horse

Master
Well... it IS the same, justy gives the illusion of facing east to me.. probably because its facing the mountain and it should be east.. I guess its at a curve.

SidX

Grandmaster
It would be almost impossible to implement east-facing houses given the current housing rules of UO in general, not just UOF. Since there must be 5 tiles of clearance in front of the steps of a south facing house-- and 1 tile to the east-- before another house can be placed, adding east-facing houses would end up with much of the map becoming impassible since stairways could potentially occupy the 1-tile clearance on the east sides of current house lots.

I'd imagine the only way to implement this would be to alter the entire house placement tool menu to add a separate "east-facing" section that would check for different rules.

I always wished they were implemented since it would add some pretty sweet depth to the look of the map, but it would probably be far too much of a nightmare to code for a dev.