a new way to possibly purchace items you are seeking

Keno W.

Expert
I'd just like to start by pre apologizing if this has been suggested before or if it already exists and I didn't know.. But I just had an idea for a way to possibly help players purchase any item they may be after.. What I'm thinking is something along the lines of a vendor at a persons house and instead of this vendor selling things out of their pack, a player can put something into that vendors pack selling it to that vendor for the person seeking that item.. I know I'm not that great at explaining myself so here's a quick example: Say I want to purchase up to 10 animal taming SS for 250k each- I can place this new type of "buying vendor" at my house and set it up to where any random player can come along, throw an animal taming SS into the pack and 250k of my money is put into that players bank and I get to grab the SS from that vendors pouch everything said and done (but have it set to where it will only buy up to 10) Just a thought- it could also be limited to only being able to do resources like ingots logs and whatever. Just a thought and thank you for reading!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Hrmmmmm.... and the person who owns that vendor gets a cut or? I think it provides a lot of potential issues/work for not being much better than the current vendor system.

Keno W.

Expert
no no.. say you are seeking to purchase blaze sandals, but you cant find them anywhere, this new vendor would be backward so to speak to the way regular vendors work, so if another player whom might own some blaze sandies is out shopping and sees this new type of vendor it would be labeled something like "buying blaze sandies 20mil" or whatever you are seeking, owner of blaze sandies can come put them into the bag of new vendor and 20mil is transferred from your account to his, now when you log on you have blaze sandies waiting for you and any other players can see that "oh there are already sandals there so the transaction was already completed". Make more sense?

Keno W.

Expert
Pretty much a backward vendor to help you purchase items in bulk or hard to get items but of course have the option to not go over a certain amount of whatever you are seeking.

Swayze

Grandmaster
This is something along the lines I was thinking:
5596859454_0d4c72a034_z.jpg

Keno W.

Expert
if those were empty with a description of what they were seeking and others could come up and put those items into that container and get paid would be more along the lines of what im saying

Swayze

Grandmaster
What's that map your using Swayz?

This is just a screenshot of some other shard but this system would work perfect for UO:F.

Seller pays X to sell something. buyers must have their bid in their bank and their bid takes the gold from their bank. If/when they get outbid the money in check form goes back in their game. As a programmer it wouldn't be that difficult to implement.

Pandone

Grandmaster
It is too much trammel imho. Btw best sistem i've ever seen was in anarchy online. You had wow style ingame npc/items that research the item for you and tell you where's the private vendor with item inside PLUS there were a fansite where you have all important items listed in categories. The script on the site reports every ingame and forum "WTS" and "WTB" telling you wht person you have to pm ingame (ao got world chat for sells).
This is the site http://arpa3.net/ao/kwts-misc.html
It's a business thing btw @Shane @Adam

Swayze

Grandmaster
^ Sure that sounds all great but implementing that over someone that has already been implemented in UO is completely different.

King Dingaling

Grandmaster
i kind of like this idea..like a pawn shop sort of........sort of. hhe

and they did have that search uo thing where you typed in what you were looking for and it showed you the coordinates. you run to it and buy it. i liked it BUT..it will totally ruin premier spot vendor houses. not to mention make people totally lazy...