A thought on ghost spying

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
It's well known that many people use ghosts to spy on dungeons, and other centers of player activity in what could be argued is breaking the rules of PvP 'using more than one character in a PvP fight (in this instance using one to scout/gather information [such as player build, skill level through observation, and items used]).

Would there be a way to remove this? Make it so a ghost cannot see the living the same way players cannot see ghosts.

A ghost manifesting would still be seen by people so I think it would be fair for that ghost to see players as well if it is manifested; still, this could be argued as using two characters in PvP (the before mentioned 'scouting' of a player).

Also... just for flavor, can we bring back the NPC's being freaked out when they see a ghost? I always thought that was hilarious.

Streets

Grandmaster
It's well known that many people use ghosts to spy on dungeons, and other centers of player activity in what could be argued is breaking the rules of PvP 'using more than one character in a PvP fight (in this instance using one to scout/gather information [such as player build, skill level through observation, and items used]).

Would there be a way to remove this? Make it so a ghost cannot see the living the same way players cannot see ghosts.

A ghost manifesting would still be seen by people so I think it would be fair for that ghost to see players as well if it is manifested; still, this could be argued as using two characters in PvP (the before mentioned 'scouting' of a player).

Also... just for flavor, can we bring back the NPC's being freaked out when they see a ghost? I always thought that was hilarious.

While pvpers may see this as a strategy I feel it goes agenst the purpose of being a ghost. A ghost spy has no counter or defense.

As for flavor I would love to see more little things like this!

So when you die in a dungeon and are asking for a rez ur buddies will run right past you if your not in war mode. Might set off new players not knowing about the ghost system if implemented

Cash is King

Grandmaster
I disagree, not worth it for the very minimal benefit.

I also disagree that a ghost scouting is multi-client pvp. The ghost cannot assist in any way possible.

If this was implemented people wouldn't stop scouting. They would just go on a stealth character - who, if needed, could assist with heals or gates or to get their pk's head if they die on their red). Also, proving they are multi-clienting is difficult.

Streets

Grandmaster
I disagree, not worth it for the very minimal benefit.

I also disagree that a ghost scouting is multi-client pvp. The ghost cannot assist in any way possible.

If this was implemented people wouldn't stop scouting. They would just go on a stealth character - who, if needed, could assist with heals or gates or to get their pk's head if they die on their red). Also, proving they are multi-clienting is difficult.

Minimal benefit? It's an action with no counter! Simple fix ghosts can't see players/mobs when a ghost, problem solved.

At least if a stealther is near by he can be bumped into, tracked, revealed, etc a ghost has free reign with no drawbacks.

K A Z

Grandmaster
its always funny when people think that it is possible to make this game "fair" or "balanced"

girana

Grandmaster
also

i also dont think that much ghosting is done. Using a blue with tracking is just much faster and better.

DrSaso

Master
Nah that's a bad idea imho. Removing a ghosts ability to see players would have a more negative effect on the younger players who die in a dungeon and may not know where a shrine/healer is. Being a blue i try to rez anyone i can and they'd have no idea i was there chasing them down to heal or guide them out.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I love that solution @youngstar this would also mean I wouldn't have to gate to shrines on my meta mage, or waste mana on rez'n. Unless you added a mana requirement to it.