AFK Talisman EXP Famers

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I will find you. Screw up your little set up and report what you are doing.
tumblr_inline_n9srnsKAQM1qekmyz.jpg

@Shane @Adam

bradley-

Grandmaster
Adam Stevens AFK macros his talisman in Wrong level 2 on almost a regular basis. I've reported a few times but keep being told that there is *currently* no rule against it..

I will say that they take care of the problem at the time but an hour later, he is back doing his thing because there's no punishment. Should be a talisman reset in the same manner that AFK macroing meta pets were. Meta pets had their XP reset and bumped back 1 level. I propose the same punishment for the dexer talisman.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Adam Stevens AFK macros his talisman in Wrong level 2 on almost a regular basis. I've reported a few times but keep being told that there is *currently* no rule against it..

I will say that they take care of the problem at the time but an hour later, he is back doing his thing because there's no punishment. Should be a talisman reset in the same manner that AFK macroing meta pets were. Meta pets had their XP reset and bumped back 1 level. I propose the same punishment for the dexer talisman.
We took care of the spot Adam Stevens was using in terra keep in ophidians just the other day. It's not a factor of resetting the talismans it's the factor of abusing game mechanics. That should be punished.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
A movement check would work wonders if anything. Obviously if the person isn't moving and isn't being damaged by their target, something is wrong with the situation.

bradley-

Grandmaster
If self or target is on a boat - disable talisman/relic advancement.

I don't know how hard that would be to code though. That would hurt people doing MiBs but... What can ya do?

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Well people doing MIBs have creatures that can harm them from a distance. Maybe it's time creatures get a little more creative with their lack of or massive intelligence.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
How is there any difference in macroing talisman xp than macroing magery or anything else that gains you skills?

There's no need to 'ban/jail/punish' everyone. Handle it personally. Pk them, take their gobs of regs and move along.

We just had a huge shake up with the cheating PvP stuff. We don't need another witch hunt.

There's no rule against it, it USES resources therefore is a sink and you can easily fix the problem and gain resources yourself from the macroer.

Player solutions > QQ to forums

bradley-

Grandmaster
Thing is, people have complicated macros that recall home, restock with 100ish regs, recall back, continue macro. If dead, play X sound to notify them to fix everything, then go back AFK. There aren't thousands of resources to obtain by killing them.

I'm not asking for a jail or ban. I'm asking for the same exact punishment that tamers had when they were caught AFK macroing their meta pets. XP reset to 0 and bumped back 1 level. It's not like I'm asking for someone's talisman to be reset back to level 1, unless they are caught and are level 2...

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
How is there any difference in macroing talisman xp than macroing magery or anything else that gains you skills?

The abilities from the talismans give a bigger advantage in champ spawn damage/defensive ability. Normal skills can be progressed by skill scrolls with no need to macro. Talismans on the other hand requires (or should) attentiveness.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
The ones that do this have huge set ups. Several boats at different locations with a mob trying to attack a horse. If caught at one or the mob dies they just recall around.

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
While you're at it you should complain about the players on the bard table. They can provo and kill mobs without ever being hit.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Peepin Tom just mad cause he does the same shit. You are trying to rain on his parade also and he is none too pleased about it.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
The big difference is with pet xp the only thing happening was pets gaining nothing being expended.

Mages are using 100k regs to raise their skills.

And Tom brings up a great point. It's almost exactly the same as bard table except using gobs of regs. I personally drop the macroer and loot when i come across them.

Is there something in the water lately?

Seems like everything is just a bitchfest nowadays. Just play the game and kill the macroers. What are they doing to hurt you or your experience ultimately?

Peepin'Tom

Grandmaster
@Bromista Been level 10 a while now.

Just don't see anything wrong with it. What bothers me is bitchy girls like Blain that want to run and tell on people for everything they do. It's within the rules. Get over it.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Pets gotta go head on into a mob now don't they? A mage may be using regs but that doesn't mean they are the only ones using resources. Bandages and potions and if an archer arrows are the reagents of a dexer. There's a difference from exploiting a unreachable factor to actually having to move your butt away from something. Threat level 0 to the person/creatures involved.