Animal Lore

BillyZane

Neophyte
So after using the google - I found this from uoguide

Animal Lore affects your ability to control a tamed creature, and also improves the amount of damage you can heal via the Veterinary skill.

Using the skill directly on a tamed creature shows you a listing of it's stats, resists, skills and elemental damage distribution. At 100 skill points you may target untamed animals as well, and at 110 you may view information about untamed monsters.

Animal Lore also counts towards your total stable slot limit.

See Pet Training for more information on training your pets

See the Pets section for more detailed information on your pets and how to control them

See Pet Guide for a comparison of high level hunting pets

Memphist

Grandmaster
Thx Billy, i would like to know if animal lore works here also as on the osi shard. Maybe a legendary could tell us if it is like on osi shard (for example how many stable slot we have here with 120 lore.

Thanks

Dugar

Neophyte
From the runuo code base, the max number of stable slots is determined by:

Code:
double taming = from.Skills[SkillName.AnimalTaming].Value;
double anlore = from.Skills[SkillName.AnimalLore].Value;
double vetern = from.Skills[SkillName.Veterinary].Value;
double sklsum = taming + anlore + vetern;

int max;

if ( sklsum >= 240.0 )
    max = 5;
else if ( sklsum >= 200.0 )
    max = 4;
else if ( sklsum >= 160.0 )
    max = 3;
else
    max = 2;

if ( taming >= 100.0 )
    max += (int)((taming - 90.0) / 10);

if ( anlore >= 100.0 )
    max += (int)((anlore - 90.0) / 10);

if ( vetern >= 100.0 )
    max += (int)((vetern - 90.0) / 10);

return max;
If you can't read code, you get an extra slot with 110 animal lore and another slot at 120 (the same is true for taming).

Yavimaya

Novice
my animal lore is 100 and i wish it were 120. Giving commands to a ww, it likes to disobey a lot so to mitigate that and give as few commands as possible I tell them to guard me then i tab to war mode and attack a target. They will guard me and both jump it. Whenever I have 2 provo'ed and need them to get on a specific target that is when I get to deal with disobedience and have to ply them with food afterwards.

At 120 lore you can see mob hp of stuff like an ancient wyrm.