Archery Mini-Game

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
I was reading about the lances, which appear to be designed with the Knights tournaments in mind - not to mention for anyone hosting an event, and it got me thinking of the medieval faire, and other events that come with it. Wouldn't it be great if there was an archery mini-game! Being able to add an archery competition, or hold independent archery competitions would be memorable, add some depth to role play, and wouldn't have any impact on actual game play, making it a fairly simple system to set up.

This mini-game could be tied to either dartboards, or an archery butt, it would allowed a player to interact with it to start the mini-game, which ideally would be a skill based system, where dependent on your archery skill it would make it easier to score points. Basically you fire 3 arrows, or play 3 rounds, it scores you from 1-10 for each arrow, 30 points per end. Then you have to restart the game. It announces the players name, and score.

This would allow a person to hold a competition, line up multiple shooters, and have them shoot 5-10 ends, and manually log a total score, declaring a victor in the end. Brackets, and other methods for competition all handled manually as well.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
*goes and hides in a corner*

really there's an archery butt already? I'm sure to be the butt of many jokes after this one!

parsnip

Grandmaster
*goes and hides in a corner*

really there's an archery butt already? I'm sure to be the butt of many jokes after this one!

I had to go double check myself :D It is a really cool idea though. You should definitely try and get a little competition set up :) Bring on the medieval fair!