Automatic pet rez at the stables

Bryce

Adept
Good reply, that's great for regular players. For factioners though, even on shards (like uoforever) where there were always tons of faction characters, it was ridiculously hard to find anyone to resurrect your pet. Most folks in factions are either pvpers (95%) or faction crafters (5%). Very very few tamer pvpers have vetrinary and since this shard pretty much frowns upon tamer pvpers, there are even less here in factions (if any at all). Pretty much, if you are

Pet res'ers were added to faction bases quite some time ago.

Jeff

Apprentice
The problem, I find, is that newer players are unaware of what skill combination is needed to rez the pets themselves. It's a hefty learning curve. They are somehow able to end up with bonded horses and such, and then the mount dies and follows them around lol, wasting so much of their time as they ask people who can't help them for help at wbb.

The suggestion is to make animal trainer buildings have an automatic pet rez ability.
I'd also like to add, that these tiles can be coded to not function IF the pet has been in combat recently, to avoid abuse.
This is a purely cosmetic fix that aims to help make the game more user friendly, which in turn helps increase the population.

Suggestions should be formatted in a way that shows the possible drawbacks and provides some solutions to those problems in the originall post for which you've showed neither.
As for your topic, it's too hand holding
New players would, based on logic, would know how to rez a pet sooner than bond one. It's their risk for bonding a pet they know damn well they cannot rez. Bromista is right, bonded pets are a privilage. Are you really this dense to request a change when you can just simply buy a new horse for 400 measley gold. Might as well just remove mounts from the animal trainer.

everyone can have a spare character tuned to ressurect their pets. Bonded pets are already trammelized and all you seem to want to do is make them more trammel, nay, WoW'd out.

As for the learning curve, it's fun to learn new things about a game and to have risks.
its the quality of the player interaction it'll bring that's, to me, less than desired.
You'll need to work harder if you're going to preach trammel to a freeshard server population, this isn't WoW or COD
this is freeshard UO not the world of warcraft it'll never happen bro, just the first to break the bad news to ya

Bromista

Grandmaster
Would you consider adding some sort of message a NPC Vet says when a dead bonded pet walks within a certain range of them saying something like "Please find a player with the Veterinary skill to resurrect your pet"?

This would provide the needed information to new players that go to the NPC Vet building looking to have their pet resurrected.
Boom. Done. Best of both worlds. Newer players getting assistance from NPC's.

If someone has a pet worth ressing they're going to know the proper channels in which to do so. For everyone else they'll be glad to get the message "Please find a player with both Veterinary and Animal Lore skills to resurrect your pet or you may choose to release it."

Problem solved.

halygon

Grandmaster
Pet res'ers were added to faction bases quite some time ago.
Damn, how did I miss this update!

I guess I don't go to the bases enough, I just look for oranges and kill them since I mostly roam solo -- no use for me to try to capture sigs.

Thanks for the note on this.