Battle Bards!!!

This idea is spurred from another thread, decided to just make a post here.

BATTLE BARDS/SKALDS

This is a change involving Fire Horns and the addition of new special instruments.

As i have learned, the horns are tied to multiple bard skills.

The biggest change that would be needed for this to be viable is to tie fire horns and any potential new instruments to Musicianship only, and to rescale the fire horn properly

Quick instrument ideas:

these should cost mana, or maybe mana AND stamina? i dont know if the fire horn already does.

Fire Horn- already exists, deals aoe damage similar to meteor swarm?? not sure here.

Singe target instrument- a singe target "spell" like lightning or something, but not too damaging because balance i guess.

Buff instruments- one for each major buff , with 100 music stronger than the magery spell.

Debuff instruments - one for each major debuff, with 100 music stronger than the magery spell.

buff and debuff ones operate like meteor swarm?

this is definitely a more teamfight oriented change.

These are templates that i imagine happening:

dexer

100 music
100 weapon
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing
100 magery
100 resist

drop magery for alchy or scribe or poison

mage

100 music
100 magery
100 eval
100 med
100 resist
100 wrestling
100 anatomy

drop wrestling to trade out stun punch for alchy or scribe or healing

I think many more would be possible these are just what immediately comes to mind.

screw capitalization and appealing formatting

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Fire Horn is currently on a 10~ second cool down as you, 'catch your breath', and costs 15 sulfur per use.

I would like to see discord work against players; probably at half effectiveness (player looses 10 stats/skills at GM rather than 20 like monsters).
Peace-making works, you can provo monsters on players, give the bard some love. #MakeDiscordGreatAgain

Fire Horn is currently on a 10~ second cool down as you, 'catch your breath', and costs 15 sulfur per use.

I would like to see discord work against players; probably at half effectiveness (player looses 10 stats/skills at GM rather than 20 like monsters).
Peace-making works, you can provo monsters on players, give the bard some love. #MakeDiscordGreatAgain

OH so thats how it works.

I think with more instruments implemented it could be slightly lower reg cost (maybe 10) and cost mana and stamina, mana because its a magical instrument, and stamina to represent the physical "toll" you take using it (catching breath). that timer seems good.

I'm just gonna let this stew up real good in my head for now i guess, IIRC they are giving bards some love with the expansion so ill be interested to see what happens there. if they go the talisman route then my suggestions would be moot because i have group pvp in mind, but this would still be cool if tied to a talisman and used in group pvm.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
At the least I would like to see a single target style 'fire horn'. Not done building the skald yet, but I don't want to toast passers-by by accident.

Am very interested in seeing what this up-date is. Any patch notes?

At the least I would like to see a single target style 'fire horn'. Not done building the skald yet, but I don't want to toast passers-by by accident.

Am very interested in seeing what this up-date is. Any patch notes?

I dont think they will release anything untill they are like a week away from dropping it on the server if at all.

i can already see the 100 page thread of tears if they throw a whole expansion changelog on us a week before the expansion hits.

"ERMAHGERD STAFF DUM DUM RUIN GAME THAT I PLAY FOR FREE DUM DUM"
-Gbutthirt Cplayer

honestly if it were my server id just do it all at once, hey here you go expansion downloading, now go read the logs.

but i imagine that is a VERY hard decision to make regarding finding a balance between those two scenarios, i wish them the best.